Lunardi has us out of latest bracketology | Syracusefan.com

Lunardi has us out of latest bracketology

upperdeck

Living Legend
I guess we have lots of chances to get back in since we play g-town, uconn, wisc and at least 8 other ACC teams he has in.

Lunardi before the season starts? Lol who cares. Good entertainment though.

They should have a good SOS this year I would think at least. They should make the NCAAT, especially with some good out-of-conference and in-conference wins.

Maybe its just the orange colored glasses, but I dont understand how we are so underrated. We lost only Xmas, return two fifth year seniors in G and Cooney, and add an outstanding freshman class. Throw in a HOF coach and I dont see how anyone can have us out of the NCAAT. Especially considering we have a chance to get some really good wins OOC. The only way we dont make the NCAAT is if Coleman gets injured.

It's just for fun and to give people a ballpark idea of where their team stands. Just out of the dance seems very appropriate for us at this point, IMO. If we go and win the Bahamas, I'm sure we'll jump up to 6/7 seed range.

Has anybody, including Lunardi himself, gone back and checked to see just how good/bad the early season predictions were? I bet that barring injuries to key players, etc., he is in the ball park on about 75% of his picks. While that sounds good, realize that means he has a whole region's worth of picks wrong.
Our team this year is the kind that could give prognosticators fits. But it seems like we should be tournament worthy barring the cruel hand of fate.

Not even a single game has been played yet... Is this how they justify keeping this guy on the payroll all year? Bracketology in November LOL

Guys I bleed orange but lets be realistic. We had a mediocre-bad season last year, lost our best player, and have a harder schedule this year. Nothing is guaranteed when you have to rely on three point shots. Most likely on the bubble this year but we should know more after the Bahamas. I expect the orange to struggle a bit Friday night--real games aren't exhibitions.

Lunardi knows nothing about basketball. Until the season is 20 games old, "bracketology" means nothing. Even then, all he does is take the time to do what any of can do, evaluate each teams chances to make the tournament based upon their record and who they have played. He was just smart enough to put a catchy name on it and sell it to ESPN.

But...but...we're in the First Four Out®.

Probably enough time to play ourselves back in.

Oh my God did I ever oversleep!!!
How long has it been March?
And how did the Orange do in the regular season?

Maybe its just the orange colored glasses, but I dont understand how we are so underrated. We lost only Xmas, return two fifth year seniors in G and Cooney, and add an outstanding freshman class. Throw in a HOF coach and I dont see how anyone can have us out of the NCAAT. Especially considering we have a chance to get some really good wins OOC. The only way we dont make the NCAAT is if Coleman gets injured.

A big part of it is JB's suspension and the rest is a combo of a) strength of the ACC, b) lack of household name talent returning, c) zero proven centers and zero depth. From an outsiders perspectiv it is very easy to underrate this squad.

So Lunardi's predicted that there's nary a chance
that this year the Orange will be seen at the Dance
The pre season brackets are strictly for fun
to think they will hold up would be pretty dumb

We're under the radar as the season gets started
McCullough and Buss, CJ, and Rak have departed
We've got some new faces that will not be boring
and these kids are set for high octane scoring!

The top 25 I'm sure we will crack it
and about the same time we'll appear in that Bracket
We can watch every week as our ranking is rising
and the 'Cuse will be dubbed as very surprising

But for all that are Orange it just stands to reason
That the 'Cuse is is just poised for an outstanding season
So, not currently ranked and outside of the Bracket
Just because Joe thinks that the 'Cuse will not hack it

We'll start our season and play the games
while kicking a$$ and taking names
By March his bracket may be well worth reading
and I'll bet the Cuse will have a decent seeding

Bracketology is so stupid. Credit a hack like Lundardi for coming up with schtick that makes him otherwise relevant.

Not even a single game has been played yet... Is this how they justify keeping this guy on the payroll all year? Bracketology in November LOL
I believe he releases his first iteration as soon as the Final Four is over...so yeah, its pretty meaningless.

Guys I bleed orange but lets be realistic. We had a mediocre-bad season last year, lost our best player, and have a harder schedule this year. Nothing is guaranteed when you have to rely on three point shots. Most likely on the bubble this year but we should know more after the Bahamas. I expect the orange to struggle a bit Friday night--real games aren't exhibitions.

No sense trying to be rational here, bruh. Once a Lunardi, Gottlieb, or a Seth Davis mentions anything negative (even if accurate); it spawns armageddon here. :crazy:

Were not doing anything to help his bracket.
I don't know why we don't think we have the toughest acc schedule.
Had we had 6 of the top 7 of the acc at home instead we are easily in.
A bunch of us have lied down and said its nit time already. Instead we say the media is right, what gives?

Were not doing anything to help his bracket.
I don't know why we don't think we have the toughest acc schedule.
Had we had 6 of the top 7 of the acc at home instead we are easily in.
A bunch of us have lied down and said its nit time already. Instead we say the media is right, what gives?

Dude, we just don't know yet. Even Boeheim said they weren't a good team last season. We lost our best player and on paper, to me, we are mediocre at best. That doesn't mean we will be bad nor does it mean we will be good. We just don't know. It isn't rocket science why analysts aren't high on this team, duh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom