Lunardi is just messing with us now... | Syracusefan.com

Lunardi is just messing with us now...

Blame whatever gods you see fit Lunardi. Noone can help you

There's probably a lot of truth in that article, but at the end of the day an article such as this does not help us. Please just shut the heck up.

There's probably a lot of truth in that article, but at the end of the day an article such as this does not help us. Please just shut the heck up.
There’s one “alternative fact” in that article that absolutely isn’t true. Who can spot it?

If you were an objective viewer of the Pitt game Saturday and not a Syracuse fan you would say we didn't pass the eye test of a tourney team even though we won (or were just slightly less bad than Pitt). But it's January. Long way to go. Lot's of opportunity to improve our standing. Lot's will change with us and other competing teams for a spot in the tourney field.

At the end of the day nobody puts us on the bubble but ourselves. I always hate when our fanbase complains about invites that have not been clearly earned. We have 30 games to control our own destiny. We simply need to make it happen & take it out of the hands of the committee. This year we need to get to 9 - 9 in conference & seal the deal with at least one tourney win. If we can't get that done, this poster will not complain one way or the other. We are Syracuse, I expect more than to be put in a position of grovelling for a bid.

If we can't play ourselves clearly in and we end up on the bubble year after year it would only be mathematically fair to expect that 50% of the time we are in and 50% of the time we are out. Seems like Lunardi has us in more than what the committee actually did, so why do we have a gripe with him ?

It also seems like the committee owes us at least one, so i have a feeling if we are square on the bubble come March, that this year we will get the invite. I would see square on the bubble as either 9 - 9 in conference with no conference tourney wins or 8 - 10 in conference with at least one conference tourney win.

Back for the UNC game. First or second week of January
Yeah seriously...how big would that storyline have been if we won at Duke without JB? That's not just a minor misstatement! Lunardi having us in, pretty much says the committee would think we're out. Those bubble teams are such a random crapshoot, to take it other than that would be a serious mistake. Just watching this team play, and looking ahead at our schedule, tells me that if we make it in, no matter the outcome, this season would be looked at as a major success!

We have a ton of opportunities for some statement wins, but we also have the opportunity to really fall flat on our faces when it comes to wins-losses!

Either way...just keep on cheering Nation! Go Orange!!

It was a good article into his thinking...but basically a plea for Cuse fans stop ripping him for the next month when he has us out of the next update. That dude probably cannot stand a cuse bubble team cause fans make the hate consume his life.

We were always going to be on the bubble this season. Our rotation consists of the following: 5 non- Micky D frosh; a one eyed, string-beaned Providence transfer at center who had barely played competitively in two years; a third year guard who ppl thought coming into this season was a terrible teammate that can’t shoot, pass, or dribble. And a promising sophomore guard that the rest of the country probably had never heard of coming into ‘17-‘18 and probably still hasn’t heard of him... yet.

We really had ZERO proven commodities returning. A bunch of what ifs and question marks. Proud of this team and JB to still be on the bubble to be honest. Especially with Geno quitting, Sidibe’s injury issues, and some heart breaking losses. It sure hasn’t been pretty but we’ve been in EVERY game and the team keeps grinding no matter the circumstances.

There is still 1/3 of the season left!

Too early to worry about the Lunardi’s of the world. We can play ourselves off the bubble. One direction or the other.

LGO!

are we really the last team in right now? i would think if the season ended today we would be safely in.

It really does feel like a deja freakin' vu, doesn't it? We are probably just a few weeks away before jncuse begins the "Bubble Watch". Although I love really the posts themselves (and the effort he puts into them for us), it gets so mentally stressful rooting (and praying) for all the other bubble teams to lose.

If thwy had beat wake and nd, like they SHOULD HAVE, I’ll even add FSU...there would be no bubble.

Cuse would still be a very, very, very...flawed team, but damn the lipstick on that pig would have nobody talking about the Orange.