Lunardi is just messing with us now... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Lunardi is just messing with us now...

You don't have to give an ish about Lunardi. As I just wrote, I didn't even read the article. What hurts, even a little, is the link headline and the general impression it creates. You don't even have to know who lunardi is. His name doesn't matter. The full article doesn't matter. If I were a recruit, even five years away, I'd probably be looking at espn.com every now and again. Not sure how you can really believe that consistent discussion of our program as a bubble team isn't bad PR.

Bazeley and Carey are it for us? We will only have Bazeley for one year and we didn't actually go through full-fledged competitive recruiting to get him. The problems have not been solved. We should be better next year, but then what.

We have Goodine, Buddy, Hughes and a great base from this year. Pretty sure we will be good in 2019 as well. Everyone thought this was a rebuilding year before this year so I don’t get why people are still freaking out over what we already knew.

We have Goodine, Buddy, Hughes and a great base from this year. Pretty sure we will be good in 2019 as well. Everyone thought this was a rebuilding year before this year so I don’t get why people are still freaking out over what we already knew.
I get that you want to find positive spin in this. I'm hopeful for the future, too, but tempering my excitement about the prospects of Bazeley and Hughes' impacts next year. But, you're talking about something unrelated to what i posted, and unrelated to Lunardi's article.
None of the incoming class has anything to do with the front page bad press about us being a perennial bubble team. That's the impact, in whatever amount of perspective or credence you want to ascribe to it. And whether or not this was supposed to be a rebuilding year — how relevant is that to recruits two/three/four years down the line? If you're a top 25 kid right now, in your sophomore season, what are you looking at? What are you seeing? "Bubble team" is not on your checklist. Lunardi wrote just the one article(?), and it's just one little link headline, but these are the germs of talking points that will be picked up and echoed until bracket day. And then when we're a bubble team again this year, on whichever side, it still furthers the narrative which continues next year.

i'd say heading into february against a backloaded schedule our tourney toe hold is tenuous at best. probably just not enuf good wins. but...

Last edited: