Lunardi is just messing with us now... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Lunardi is just messing with us now...

If thwy had beat wake and nd, like they SHOULD HAVE, I’ll even add FSU...there would be no bubble.

Cuse would still be a very, very, very...flawed team, but damn the lipstick on that pig would have nobody talking about the Orange.

Also, let's not forget the rebound putback from point blank range by Brissett at the end of regulation versus Bonnies.

Also, let's not forget the rebound putback from point blank range by Brissett at the end of regulation versus Bonnies.

Yeah, right now SB, Wake and ND are all games we should have won. Could add FSU to that but the other 3 much more evident we couldn't finish.

And with that said... Beat GT to give us our third road win, beat UVA to give us one of the best wins in the country to date and we are back firmly on the front side of the bubble. Just find 3 more wins at minimum, preferably 4 and we are dancing. Add one or two in ACCT and our numbers across all the ratings sites might put us in 6/7 seed territory. Long ways to go but as noted it's our bed to make.

If thwy had beat wake and nd, like they SHOULD HAVE, I’ll even add FSU...there would be no bubble.

Cuse would still be a very, very, very...flawed team, but damn the lipstick on that pig would have nobody talking about the Orange.

"Damn it, if we only won those such-and-such three games, we wouldn't be on the bubble." -every bubble team in NCAA history

:)

I don’t understand the birds infatuation with lunardi considering how bad he is at his job. Y’all just proving the point that he’s trolling you.
I didn’t even read the article because the guy isn’t a good bracketologist.
He was just first at it.
Let him not put us in his analysis isn’t good.

It's also not true.
Doesn't much matter whether it's true or not. The 'embarrassment' is in having that 'in print' on ESPN. To any non-Orange fan, and even to the half that aren't going to have the memory or interest in googling for the truth, it stands as an embarrassment.

It's also 'true enough' to represent a commonly held perspective.

It’s 6 weeks until Selection Sunday and we still have over half of the conference schedule left plus the ACC Tournament. There is literally no point in analyzing seeding or anyone’s place on the bubble when it isn’t even February. But I guess nobody’s going to click on your articles if you don’t write them, no matter how pointless.

"Damn it, if we only won those such-and-such three games, we wouldn't be on the bubble." -every bubble team in NCAA history

:)
Please...

What else am I supposed to do in late January? Talk to my family?

I love the ebb and flow of RPI/bubble/bracket analysis, but to each their own.
I definitely like looking at brackets and I think there’s value in seeing where every team stands right now. I just think an article about SU being on the bubble when there’s 10 ACC games to play is too much- we don’t really even know what the bubble is going to look like yet. The NCAA picture is going to change a lot between now and March.

Anyone remember in maybe 2008 when Lunardi joked that the phrase “on the bubble” should be changed to “on the Boeheim”? He seems to enjoy needling us. It’s funny how he skipped over the 6 consecutive years that SU was a top 4 seed in his article.

I definitely like looking at brackets and I think there’s value in seeing where every team stands right now. I just think an article about SU being on the bubble when there’s 10 ACC games to play is too much- we don’t really even know what the bubble is going to look like yet. The NCAA picture is going to change a lot between now and March.

Anyone remember in maybe 2008 when Lunardi joked that the phrase “on the bubble” should be changed to “on the Boeheim”? He seems to enjoy needling us. It’s funny how he skipped over the 6 consecutive years that SU was a top 4 seed in his article.

Exactly. Troll.

its gonna be a long 9 games.. but compare resumes all over, its hard to do.

UL is solid in as a 6. we are marginal as an 11

1 top 50 win vs our 1
5 top 50 losses vs our 3

3 top 50-100 wins vs our 5
no 50-100 games played vs our 2

we played FSU at FSU and had them beat, they lost by 4
both us beat BC
they beat ND and we lost

we played 2 #1 seeds and lost away from home, they lost to Purdue

we control our destiny by beating clemson/miami/UNC/NCst/UL all teams that are in that 20-40 type range and all the really separates us from a dozen other teams is that type of win.

a team like Marg

2 top 50 vs our 1
7 top 50 losses vs our 3

3 top 50-100 wins vs our 5
1 top 50-100 loss vs or 2.

so 5-8 vs tourney type teams vs 6-5

He trolls because this is the easiest fan base in all of sports to troll.

People here have been falling for it for at least the 20 years I've been trolling it here.

Scratch that, it wasn't till the YOM that it became this bad.
That and he actually looks like a troll.

At the end of the day nobody puts us on the bubble but ourselves. I always hate when our fanbase complains about invites that have not been clearly earned. We have 30 games to control our own destiny. We simply need to make it happen & take it out of the hands of the committee. This year we need to get to 9 - 9 in conference & seal the deal with at least one tourney win. If we can't get that done, this poster will not complain one way or the other. We are Syracuse, I expect more than to be put in a position of grovelling for a bid.

If we can't play ourselves clearly in and we end up on the bubble year after year it would only be mathematically fair to expect that 50% of the time we are in and 50% of the time we are out. Seems like Lunardi has us in more than what the committee actually did, so why do we have a gripe with him ?

It also seems like the committee owes us at least one, so i have a feeling if we are square on the bubble come March, that this year we will get the invite. I would see square on the bubble as either 9 - 9 in conference with no conference tourney wins or 8 - 10 in conference with at least one conference tourney win.
: destiny; plural noun: destinies
  1. the events that will necessarily happen to a particular person or thing in the future

Just saying, you can't really control destiny. Outcome, yes
Destiny, no

: destiny; plural noun: destinies
  1. the events that will necessarily happen to a particular person or thing in the future

Just saying, you can't really control destiny. Outcome, yes
Destiny, no
the only way we truly control the outcome is to win the acc tournament and get the automatic bid. Nothing else 100% controls the outcome.

I stand by destiny or perhaps would amend by saying likely destiny since you are obviously into nitpicking.

I don’t understand the boards infatuation with lunardi considering how bad he is at his job. Y’all just proving the point that he’s trolling you.
He's. It trolling me. I don't read him, and didn't read this article. What matters to me is how SU is perceived and/or how our image is a factor with recruiting. That's not an infatuation with lunardi. It's just a reaction to 'bad PR.'

He's. It trolling me. I don't read him, and didn't read this article. What matters to me is how SU is perceived and/or how our image is a factor with recruiting. That's not an infatuation with lunardi. It's just a reaction to 'bad PR.'

Yeah no recruits give an ish about Lunardi. He got you. We signed Bazley and Carey. We alright.

If you were an objective viewer of the Pitt game Saturday and not a Syracuse fan you would say we didn't pass the eye test of a tourney team even though we won (or were just slightly less bad than Pitt). But it's January. Long way to go. Lot's of opportunity to improve our standing. Lot's will change with us and other competing teams for a spot in the tourney field.
Agree with you but Thursday is February 1 already. As Yogi said, "It's getting late early." We have no room for error. Losing to Notre Dame and Wake now seems inexcusable, both of them have not won a game since beating us. We blew opportunities with both.

My beef w the article is it makes it sound like were a perennial bubble team, when in fact, its only these past three years, which coincides with our sanctions.

Yeah no recruits give an ish about Lunardi. He got you. We signed Bazley and Carey. We alright.
You don't have to give an ish about Lunardi. As I just wrote, I didn't even read the article. What hurts, even a little, is the link headline and the general impression it creates. You don't even have to know who lunardi is. His name doesn't matter. The full article doesn't matter. If I were a recruit, even five years away, I'd probably be looking at espn.com every now and again. Not sure how you can really believe that consistent discussion of our program as a bubble team isn't bad PR.

Bazeley and Carey are it for us? We will only have Bazeley for one year and we didn't actually go through full-fledged competitive recruiting to get him. The problems have not been solved. We should be better next year, but then what.

Two bad traits of Joe Lunardi:

- The mistake on Boeheim supposedly not coaching the Duke win shows his sloppiness.

- He was interviewed after the 2007 snub and said that the fact that we were a #2 seed in the Nit showed we had nothing to complain about, even though he had had us "solidly in the field, not even on the bubble". We were the #2 seed in the NIT's Southern regional. it was the spot they had Arkansas in. When Arkansas was elevated to the Big Dance, despite their poor record, (21-13, 7-9 SEC to our 22-10, 10-6 BE), the NIT put Syracuse into the only available spot. Thsiw as well-known at the time and Lunardi's statement shows his dishonestly.