Lunardi Keeps KU #1 Seed after their loss | Syracusefan.com

Lunardi Keeps KU #1 Seed after their loss

Madbiker

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Reg Season Rcd
Retweeted by Adam Zagoria
Joe Lunardi ‏@ESPNLunardi 3m
Keeping Kansas on the top line despite latest loss. Two reasons: (1) overall body of work; (2) rules still require four No. 1 seeds.

Well that sucks. KU will probably go up 2 spots in the poll Monday too. Come on they're Kansas.

What a clown...flip flopping teams when they both lost makes no sense, especially since the team losing the one seed lost to a top 10 quality team ...bizarre logic

That is absurd, kansas lost to an unranked team, we lost to the n number 12 team in the country, plus they have 4 more losses.

Yikes...makes me think if KU wins the B12 tourney they'll get a 1 regardless of what we do

Let's face it, a team that loses 3 of it's last 4 is not going to be viewed as #1 material. It's what have you done lately and we are clearly sucking wind. But Lunardi's take on Kansas even after their loss tonight is infuriating. If that's what he believes he should have had them on the #1 line before today.

In his words, there have to be 4 #1 seeds. According to the selection process criteria, overall body of work of each team must be considered and compared—presumably to include the number of times each team loses.
As such, regardless what happened over the past 10 days, SU still should be on the top line. Not saying they should or will necessarily stay there, depending what happens in the next couple weeks.

What a clown...flip flopping teams when they both lost makes no sense, especially since the team losing the one seed lost to a top 10 quality team ...bizarre logic

It just goes to show how dopey Joey Brackets's model is.

Complete scam. Kudos to him.

It just goes to show how dopey Joey Brackets's model is.

Complete scam. Kudos to him.

Guys usually pretty money year in and year out

What a racket--he has zero ramifications for being wrong, and his "predictions" aren't critiqued for being inaccurate based upon upsets when it gets into the conference tournament portion of the schedule.

Its ingenious--but he isn't doing anything special, he's really cultivated quite a scam.

If that is what he thought, then he should have had Kansas as the #1 entering today (and I know some did)

We as fans we flip flop all the time -- he is getting paid to do this, he should ensure he stays consistent.

If that is what he thought, then he should have had Kansas as the #1 entering today (and I know some did)

We as fans we flip flop all the time -- he is getting paid to do this, he should ensure he stays consistent.

His logic makes no sense at all, he is basically saying losing to the number 12 team in the country is worse than losing to an unranked team.

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/rankings.html

35 out of 67 in terms of people who have been doing final brackets for 3 years or more.

Although, I think a good "bracketologist" is someone that offers quality insight throughout the year. Its not necessarily the guy who can nail 6,7,8 seeds better than somebody else on Selection Sunday

His logic makes no sense at all, he is basically saying losing to the number 12 team in the country is worse than losing to an unranked team.

It really doesn't.

What a racket--he has zero ramifications for being wrong, and his "predictions" aren't critiqued for being inaccurate based upon upsets when it gets into the conference tournament portion of the schedule.

Its ingenious--but he isn't doing anything special, he's really cultivated quite a scam.

so what kind of ramifications do you suggest? does he suspend himself for a season if he has an off year?

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/rankings.html

35 out of 67 in terms of people who have been doing final brackets for 3 years or more.

Although, I think a good "bracketologist" is someone that offers quality insight throughout the year. Its not necessarily the guy who can nail 6,7,8 seeds better than somebody else on Selection Sunday

Sure he was 35 out of 67, but he still had 61 out of 67 teams seeded on or within 1 seed number.

Not saying I agree with him flip flopping SU/Kansas, but definitely don't think it's a "scam" like others have said.

If the brackets came out today, we are still on the one line.

If the brackets came out today, we are still on the one line.

I really don't even see how it's much of a debate. 3 losses, with 2 on the road vs Duke, and UVA. Where is the shame in that? Great wins vs. Nova, Duke, and UNC is getting to that category as well. Plus a boatload of good wins on the road/neutral court.

Kansas has a bunch of losses to very average teams. If Kansas isn't going to get docked for road losses to the likes of Kansas St, Oklahoma St, and Colorado, all fringe tournament teams, then we should get credit for neutral court wins vs Minnesota, Cal, Baylor, Pitt and St John's.

Have you been watching SU play lately? They look nothing like a number one seed. For that fact, neither does Kansas. They need to take a look down the rankings and start looking at Virginia and some other teams. Right now, both SU and Kansas do not deserve a number one seed. This may be the worst group of number one seeds in years.

Have you been watching SU play lately? They look nothing like a number one seed. For that fact, neither does Kansas. They need to take a look down the rankings and start looking at Virginia and some other teams. Right now, both SU and Kansas do not deserve a number one seed. This may be the worst group of number one seeds in years.
26-3 is still 26-3.

barring further upsets i still think the #1 seed in the east comes down to the ACC tourney. SU,duke,UVA. whoever wants it most.

We need to worry more (to the extent seeding is worrisome at all) about the next two games and the ACC tournament. Do well in those and things will take care of themselves.

so what kind of ramifications do you suggest? does he suspend himself for a season if he has an off year?

I don't suggest any.

I also suggest that people don't put much stock into it until conference tournament time, when dominoes start toppling and unexpected teams get in. Yet, people pay attention and start wringing their hands over his predictions in November.

Like I said, it's ingenious, and doesn't matter how right or wrong he is along the way.