Lunardi now has SU as a #2 seed | Syracusefan.com

Lunardi now has SU as a #2 seed

But when I make a thread that asks if we're a lock for a 2 seed (granted, I had a typo in the subject line and switched 2 for 3, and fixed it in the post), it gets deleted??? I don't think I'm crazy to suggest we could end up as a 3-seed with a 1-1 finish and a 1-1 ACCT with the loss to Duke. Now Lunardi has us as a 2, which doesn't surprise me at all. Right now, Wichita State, Florida, Arizona, Duke, Uva, Kansas and Villanova are all threats to our seeding. That could put us in the last 2 seed, which means falling to a 3 is not out of the realm of possibility.

I'm shocked that thread got deleted, are we not allowed to speculate about the possible outcome of a 2-2 finish when SU is struggling? It's not like I made some BS post - I explained who was a threat, how it could go wrong, and ended it with an explanation of how I thought we could still get back to a 1.

Yeah,... I'll be more concerned with seedings after the conference tournaments commence and these things start to matter. At this point, I just want to get healthy and get back on track.

Reactions: MGP
still think that UVa is "garbage"?

I don't think they're nearly as good as some here are making them out to be, but IMO, they're far from "garbage"

right now there are only 2 lock #1 seeds.
Florida and Wichita State

the contenders for last 2 are:

Arizona
----------
(big gap)

Syracuse
Kansas
--------
(solid gap)
Wisconsin
Duke
Villanova

nobody else can get to the 1 line. Virginia tops out as a 2 seed. Virginia is very good definitely one of the top 12

unless we lose to Georgia tech I don't see us going lower than a 2 seed

I said this months ago; as long as we're in the East I don't care if we're a 1, 2 or 3

I said this months ago; as long as we're in the East I don't care if we're a 1, 2 or 3

But if we are a 3 it's impossible for us to get in the east. Either Duke or Virginia is getting a 2.

Plus we would need some more What moments to get a 3.

Let's be realistic. If UVA wins the conference tourney they get MSG, as either a 1 or 2, even if we go 4-1 down the stretch.

Let's be realistic. If UVA wins the conference tourney they get MSG, as either a 1 or 2, even if we go 4-1 down the stretch.

Memphis is closer than msg I believe for Virginia and Virginia isn't getting a 1 seed

But if we are a 3 it's impossible for us to get in the east. Either Duke or Virginia is getting a 2.

Plus we would need some more What moments to get a 3.
Well I was saying months ago. But at this point I'd rather ahve a 2 in the East than a 1 in the West

If we finish 4-1 in the above scenario that would mean losing to UVA in the ACC championship game. We would get a one seed.

If Grant doesn't get healthy, then it's all academic. Our offense is anemic enough and without Grant it's pathetic.

Seriously. We'd be 30-4 with losses @ #5 Duke, @ #12 UVA, the ACC championship game, and one What BC loss.

And why in that scenario would we have preference over a UVA team that would have beaten us twice?

And why in that scenario would we have preference over a UVA team that would have beaten us twice?

Well we'd have one less loss to start. Also better non conference wins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom