Lunardi: SU in as a 10 seed vs. Creighton | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Lunardi: SU in as a 10 seed vs. Creighton

Sorry TB, your "SU basketball would beat Golden State by infinity points" posts just aren't a money-making venture.

;)
Curry isnt 100%

5cbd22c3f8ff03911a9802533c4fda884500bbbbec19571282c5281fe47144c0.jpg

Much too early to make an honest assessment. The one major strength this team has is its size. Interior defense and rebounding have been strong. 3-point defense not so strong. Offense is a work in progress. Too much 1-on-1 play and in some games the assist to turnover ration is pathetic. Too often the team is playing 3 on 5 on offense because 2 of 5 SU players on the court aren't offensive threats -- yet.

There does not seem to be a weak team in the ACC except for Pitt. I thought BC would be games we could definitely put in the win column, especially after they lost a key player, but then they go out and beat Duke. I think most ACC games will be nail-biters.

It looks like Lunardi has Syracuse up to a 9 seed now against Minnesota with the winner taking on Villanova. Also of note, he has Boston College in the tournament. Take Lunardi’s projections, as always, with a grain of salt.

It looks like Lunardi has Syracuse up to a 9 seed now against Minnesota with the winner taking on Villanova. Also of note, he has Boston College in the tournament. Take Lunardi’s projections, as always, with a grain of salt.

If I’m not mistaken, BC won the only ACC conference game, meaning they are in first place. Technically.

Its the stupidity of "as of now" brackets and the rules that they generally follow. BC is in first, so therefore as of now they are deemed the automatic.

The problem with an "as of now" bracket in mid December is limited data points and it becomes a half assed bracket. Big name school with a loss or two that people pick for the top 10 will stay near a top seed even if they have done less than others. It becomes a total pick and choose exercise because there is so little to go on. And then they still follow hard rules like BC which makes no sense. I used to do a bracket earlier in the year and I felt like an idiot doing it because it was impossible not to project to some degree.

If I ever do brackets now, I just take the projected full year data sets at RPI forecast and seed based on those. At least it really takes on what is the most important thing right now... how is the rest of your conference doing.

I also tend to look at the Bracket Matrix just to get a sense where teams are generally tracking early in the year.

The Bracket Project's Bracket Matrix - 2018

It was last updated on Saturday, and we were on 12 of 24 brackets right then. Per the matrix we would be the last team in the tournament as of now. Seems fairly reasonable.

Its the stupidity of "as of now" brackets and the rules that they generally follow. BC is in first, so therefore as of now they are deemed the automatic.

The problem with an "as of now" bracket in mid December is limited data points and it becomes a half assed bracket. Big name school with a loss or two that people pick for the top 10 will stay near a top seed even if they have done less than others. It becomes a total pick and choose exercise because there is so little to go on. And then they still follow hard rules like BC which makes no sense. I used to do a bracket earlier in the year and I felt like an idiot doing it because it was impossible not to project to some degree.

If I ever do brackets now, I just take the projected full year data sets at RPI forecast and seed based on those. At least it really takes on what is the most important thing right now... how is the rest of your conference doing.

The BC inclusion makes more sense now with the automatic bid. I was thinking Lunardi was inept at his job(may still be the case). Thanks for clearing that up.

8 and 9 are brutal parts of the bracket. We need some good wins to get into the 6, 7 side of the bracket. Maybe this team is more than just getting into the tournament. I hate to see our team face a #1 seed second round though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom