Lunardi | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Lunardi

i have a funny feeling we lose tonite and then win the ACCT. It just feels like this type of season for that to happen. We've never gotten hot during the ACCT. Now is the time!
I have a feeling we win tonight and then lose to Notre Dame or Georgia Tech on ACC first round. This team is capable but too young and ignorant so they often lost to the less teams that they should have beat. If we get the fifth seed, we might encounter Notre Dame or Georgia Tech. Both teams are complete and dangerous now. And we still don't have center and need to do double work to win.

if these were the ONLY TWO TEAMS, and all else was equal then sure, H2H matters. But this is a season of ~33 games, losing to a single team in what could be simply a bad matchup does not nullify the multitude of differences. what we are truly kidding ourselves about is that Syracuse at this moment in time somehow has a better chance to get in than Pitt, despite their superior road record and best win. At this point Syracuse’s only edge here is SOS and quad 3 losses of which Syracuse is one.

I am talking hypothetical if we get in the conversation...

What point of "If we're on the bubble / last 4 out" consideration don't you get?

Obviously, I am not talking about "at this point" because we're not there and we still have work to do to get there...

Lunardi's thinking is right on par with a lot on this board, yet people are still giving him stick
Win tonight and then we'll have real traction to getting a bid. UNC, Clemson and at Pitt as Q1 wins would be big. But we have to win, and it's not going to be easy.

I have a feeling we win tonight and then lose to Notre Dame or Georgia Tech on ACC first round. This team is capable but too young and ignorant so they often lost to the less teams that they should have beat. If we get the fifth seed, we might encounter Notre Dame or Georgia Tech. Both teams are complete and dangerous now. And we still don't have center and need to do double work to win.
I'm not worried about Georgia Tech, but Notre Dame on the other hand...they're dangerous right now.

He's bene framing pitches for the Mt West and Big 12. When the ACC gets 6 or 7 teams in he's going to open his desk drawer and tap on a pack of Parliaments...
Look kids!!

Halley’s Comet!!

2CD2ED43-9F3C-4D00-A5D8-E3CF2AE3F2BE.jpeg

I mean, it’s not an opinion, it’s a fact. A road win is worth more than a home win. That has been proven time and time again. See the 2017 team getting left out of the tournament while the 2018 team got in. The difference? A road win over a top 10 team versus home wins.
No, it's still an opinion, as quality of opponent is the second factor in determining quality of win. If an opponents good enough to offset the road/home difference. That's where the debate lies. I personally think UNC is much better than Duke, which makes up for it being a home win vs a road Duke win.

No, it's still an opinion, as quality of opponent is the second factor in determining quality of win. If an opponents good enough to offset the road/home difference. That's where the debate lies. I personally think UNC is much better than Duke, which makes up for it being a home win vs a road Duke win.
Okay, whatever you say. You’re still very wrong but that’s fine.

Okay, whatever you say. You’re still very wrong but that’s fine.
And I believe your wrong as well. But that's why it's not an objective truth, rather a subjective opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom