Lunardi | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Lunardi

Apparently they dont matter since we swept pitt and theyre ahead of us. And we won a conference road game and dropped 2 spots.

The NET is broken.
Good thing it isn't the only that matters when it comes to tourney selection.

But you should definitely make some more threads about it. You might get through to the tourney selection committee.

Good thing it isn't the only that matters when it comes to tourney selection.

But you should definitely make some more threads about it. You might get through to the tourney selection committee.

Good idea!

Road wins matter you are right. However, Lville is awful. Probably should not have dropped but no way Cuse should had improved the NET
Speaking of road wins... Pitt won at Duke and at UVA ( we loss both those games by 20+) , won at GT and BC ( we loss both those games) and also beat NC St/Lville on the road ( same with Cuse) and won at W.Virgina. 7 road wins ( cuse has 4) That is why they are above us (only slightly).

If Cuse wins @ clemson, then its a different story and the Orange would have a better resume due to beating them H2H twice
We do have a neutral win. And Pitt lost at home to pathetic Missouri (0-16 in the SEC).

Sorry I don’t buy into the NET tool like an NPC. I watch the games and the games from an eye test matter. Pittsburgh is an inferior team to Syracuse and we proved that twice. There is no world where they should be getting in over us. Margin of victory is being heavily overvalued in the NET rankings. When you go on road and win a conference game and your NET drops, you know you’re looking at a pretty unserious tool
I didn't mention NET once in the post you replied to.

How do you function in real life if when anyone gives you a little pushback with actual tangible reasons why, you call them a non-playable character?

Pitt won at Duke, and at Virginia, which are objectively much better wins than any of ours this season. We lost by 20 in both of those games.

When teams in a league play an unbalanced schedule, it's an imperfect science to see who is actually good. When it's 360+ teams across tens of leagues, it's even harder. You can be objective, it's okay.

How do you function in real life if when anyone gives you a little pushback with actual tangible reasons why, you call them a non-playable character?

Pitt won at Duke, and at Virginia, which are objectively much better wins than any of ours this season. We lost by 20 in both of those games.

When teams in a league play an unbalanced schedule, it's an imperfect science to see who is actually good. When it's 360+ teams across tens of leagues, it's even harder. You can be objective, it's okay.
I didn’t call YOU an NPC, I called those who worship the NET NPCs. You are right that Pitt has better Q1 wins than us. I still think head to head (especially when you beat them twice) should matter for a team with similar records

You know he is doing a cameo or making an appearance during the game tomorrow to hype up that we could get into his next four out with a win.

IMG_0062.gif

I didn’t call YOU an NPC, I called those who worship the NET NPCs. You are right that Pitt has better Q1 wins than us. I still think head to head (especially when you beat them twice) should matter for a team with similar records
Who is worshipping NET? I think there's just a good amount here that can understand NET and it's purpose, and why Syracuse isn't ranked highly. It's got nothing to do with it being "biased".

Will be interesting to see where the committee falls on the NET debate. Odds are they will go with a team who is better in net with similar SOR numbers (maybe 50s in both) like a Pittsburgh.

Objectively better than a win against UNC, a team everyone considered best in ACC?

Will be interesting to see where the committee falls on the NET debate. Odds are they will go with a team who is better in net with similar SOR numbers (maybe 50s in both) like a Pittsburgh.

After we beat them home and away? I think not...

After we beat them home and away? I think not...
That doesn't, and has not ever, mattered. Head-to-head is the last thing on the committee's mind. If that mattered then GT would be a 2 seed. This would also assume syracuse is the ONLY other team that is in contention for a spot. Pitt looks better than quite a few bubble teams with a favorable net, SOR, and road record.

That doesn't, and has not ever, mattered. Head-to-head is the last thing on the committee's mind. If that mattered then GT would be a 2 seed. This would also assume syracuse is the ONLY other team that is in contention for a spot. Pitt looks better than quite a few bubble teams with a favorable net, SOR, and road record.
I think we're kidding ourselves to think the committee wouldn't take head to head into consideration if we were both on the bubble...they 100% look at that even if they wouldn't say they do. If its down to the last team in the field between us, our 2 head to head wins matter a ton

Will Scott @WillScott44

Follow

The year is 2026.

Adrian Autry has turned Syracuse into a contender in his 3rd season.

Kiyan Anthony is up for national player of the year.

The Orange are 30-2 and ranked #1 in the AP Poll.

Joe Lunardi has Syracuse in his “Next 4 Out”

This is what I am saying... if we're both in contention for last 4 in vs. first 4 out... we got a big up on them with 2 wins home and away H2H...

A win @Duke is 100% better than a home win against UNC. Thats not even debatable
It's debatable, seeing as UNC beat Duke by 9. But to each their own opinion

i have a funny feeling we lose tonite and then win the ACCT. It just feels like this type of season for that to happen. We've never gotten hot during the ACCT. Now is the time!

It's debatable, seeing as UNC beat Duke by 9. But to each their own opinion
I mean, it’s not an opinion, it’s a fact. A road win is worth more than a home win. That has been proven time and time again. See the 2017 team getting left out of the tournament while the 2018 team got in. The difference? A road win over a top 10 team versus home wins.

I think we're kidding ourselves to think the committee wouldn't take head to head into consideration if we were both on the bubble...they 100% look at that even if they wouldn't say they do. If its down to the last team in the field between us, our 2 head to head wins matter a ton
Check NC ST and Clemson from last year

This is what I am saying... if we're both in contention for last 4 in vs. first 4 out... we got a big up on them with 2 wins home and away H2H...
if these were the ONLY TWO TEAMS, and all else was equal then sure, H2H matters. But this is a season of ~33 games, losing to a single team in what could be simply a bad matchup does not nullify the multitude of differences. what we are truly kidding ourselves about is that Syracuse at this moment in time somehow has a better chance to get in than Pitt, despite their superior road record and best win. At this point Syracuse’s only edge here is SOS and quad 3 losses of which Syracuse is one.

Lunardi's thinking is right on par with a lot on this board, yet people are still giving him stick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom