Lunardi | Syracusefan.com

Lunardi

Whitey23

Twitter Wizard
Has Kentucky hopping over us for the #1 seed. We are still a few spots higher in rpi and 50 pts higher in SOS. (just saying)

Has Kentucky hopping over us for the #1 seed. We are still a few spots higher in rpi and 50 pts higher in SOS. (just saying)

Finally gave into the Kentucky hype machine.

It should come down to RPI if we both finish with one loss - but I think the perception is going to be that UK is the #1 team based on the "eye test" that always comes out in full force in March.

apparently people dont realize that Joey "ballsniffer" is not the be all end all...

Whatever. As long as we are the #1 seed in the East.

Lunardi doesn't make picks based on reasonable criteria.

I have no problem with that.

I really have no problem with it, except what changed between the last few weeks when we were #1 and this week for us to lose it?

Let's just play our games and see where the cards fall.

If was can finsh out the season and with the BET I think its going to be very hard to say we are not the #1 overall. Maybe UK even loses one along the way. Just win baby, just win.

UConn losing tonight at home pushes us down to like 4 wins against the Top 25 RPI. Meanwhile, the way games played out today, Vandy (even though they lost on the road) is back in the Top 25, which gives Kentucky something like 7 Top 25 RPI wins.

Relax. It's all good. We're a lock for a #1 seed in Boston now. That's all that really matters.

Cheers,
Neil

Who really cares? We either have to play the worst team in the tournament or the second worst to open things up. I think we will be ok.

One more thing...if Kentucky had lost to Indiana without Anthony Davis, how often do you think we'd hear about that? Half a dozen times a weekend I would guess. We lose without Fab, barely a mention. Like it never happened.

Kentucky still has Florida at Florida which will not be an easy game. At least ours is at home.

One more thing...if Kentucky had lost to Indiana without Anthony Davis, how often do you think we'd hear about that? Half a dozen times a weekend I would guess. We lose without Fab, barely a mention. Like it never happened.

Exact during the game when they were talking about it.

44cuse

He's been a big SU supporter all season. Why the drop to #2 overall after a road win? What? If we had cruised by 10 I have a feeling he keeps as #1 overall. The perception is that UK is rolling everyone while SU wins close and ugly, which I think psychologically devalues us a little vs. UK.

He's been a big SU supporter all season. Why the drop to #2 overall after a road win? What? If we had cruised by 10 I have a feeling he keeps as #1 overall. The perception is that UK is rolling everyone while SU wins close and ugly, which I think psychologically devalues us a little vs. UK.

I think it was released before the game was over.

Lunardi is a numbers guy who tries to think like a selection committee member would. He also knows the selection committee members are like the pollsters who see UK as the superior team. Until today though, the numbers made SU the clear overall #1 seed. That changed today with Top 25 wins. As a result, I suspect he knows the selection committee members are likely to grab that one number and run with it.

Cheers,
Neil

I really have no problem with it, except what changed between the last few weeks when we were #1 and this week for us to lose it?
I also don't have a problem with or really care but he has repeatedly said that when the season ends he thinks Kentucky will be the number one overall seed only b/c he thought Syracuse would lose. Well we haven't lost yet. I guess it's all perception.

Over all number one seeds since the tournament committee started seeding them in 2004

2004: Kentucky lost in the second round to Alabama-Birmingham
2005 Illinois lost to UNC in the title game
2006 Duke lost to LSU in the sweet 16
2007 Florida won it all
2008 UNC lost to Kansas in the national semi
2009 Louisville lost to Michigan State in the elite 8
2010 Kansas lost to N Iowa in the second round
2011 Ohio State lost to Kentucky in the sweet 16.

I say they can have it. Number one in the East. That's what matters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom