Lunardis dig against SU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Lunardis dig against SU

I cant watch him. Not because of the Cuse hate but i find him creepy in a disturbing way.

I wish we'd ignore him.

Replying to guys like that is giving them all the attention they want.

Seriously.

The only time I ever see Lunardis name is because some clown mentions his name here or links his content here.

He is a moron who could be replaced by jncuse and people would get a better sense of the bubble.
That said he trolls our fans because he knows it will get him attention and stupid contraversy attention from fanbsses like ours keep him relevant.
Let him troll and just don’t look.

in Lunardis column he pokes at SU not scheduling on the road.. how many teams play true road games OC?

other than a ACC challange game i went back 5-6 yrs and Duke has 1 vs Elon.

we went to gtown last year and 2015 and STJ 2015 Vill in 2014 ark in 2012.

most of these power teams play neutral road games.
Not entirely true. Home & home contracts are not that uncommon, and it's a benefit to your fans for P7 schools to play at the Carrier Dome. Over the last half dozen years, or so, Virginia has had two game series with Vanderbilt, Tennessee, California, West Virginia, & Villanova. There have also been series with VCU, GW, Davidson, and, I believe, UNC-G. New series this year include Villanova, again, and South Carolina. As a fan, it's kind of nice not to have the home OOC schedule dominated by weaker programs looking for a big check. Personally, I don't think the ACC/B1G Challenge should be part of the discussion. Also, Lunardi's concerns about competition are pretty meaningless. This should be about the fans and what they're paying to see

Last edited:
I’ll just assume he’s trolling because that’s what all these scrubs do these days. Troll the big name teams so their fans will react, and they get some attention.

If you ever check out ESPN.coms headlines(I try not to these days) it’s almost a guarantee that half the “top stories” will be something “controversial” about a sports figure or team.

For example, right before the Dodgers game the other day they put up a story about how Clayton Kershaw isn’t sure if he will opt out of his last 2 years or not. It was the same exact story they had put up the previous week before a Dodgers game. No new info. Same quotes. They were just throwing something up that would draw clicks at that time.

That’s all they are about.

There’s no way that any reasonably smart college b-ball person would still be hung up on these 2005 talking points. Syracuse basketball faces a brutal schedule every year, as does every ACC basketball school.

I didn't know that playing Ohio State in Columbus was a home/neutral game. taking the lazy old Dick Vitale cliche playbook, Lunardi can rot in hell. ooooh, he picks 66 teams accurately for the dance on the day the brackets are revealed. wow, I have a trained monkey who can pick 67. jackass
If you're going to count your Challenge game against thatOSU as a road game, then you can't criticize dook for doing the same thing. The only time they ever play in the other school's gym is for the Challenge, otherwise they only play in Durham or on a neutral court.

UNC - at Wofford (who beat them last year in CH) and at Elon this year.
UVa - VCU at home (after playing there last year); GWash at home (after playing there in 2015-16); finished home-and-home with WVU last year; home-and-home with Cal 2015-15 and 2016-17; Home-and-home with James Madison 2013-14 and 2014-15; and at South Carolina this year (I would imagine we'll play there next year).

I'm not trying to brag I'm just trying to say there are oppotunities for true road games (even in small gyms) if you are willing to look for them.

If you're going to count your Challenge game against thatOSU as a road game, then you can't criticize dook for doing the same thing. The only time they ever play in the other school's gym is for the Challenge, otherwise they only play in Durham or on a neutral court.

UVa - VCU at home (after playing there last year); GWash at home (after playing there in 2015-16); finished home-and-home with WVU last year; home-and-home with Cal 2015-15 and 2016-17; and at South Carolina this year (I would imagine we'll play there next year).

There are oppotunities if you are willing to look for them.

I mean we play a home and home with Georgetown every year.

We did have one with Nova that recently expired.

You're going to see less elite OOC games moving forward as the ACC moves to 20 games.

Unfortunate, but true.

I mean we play a home and home with Georgetown every year.

We did have one with Nova that recently expired.

You're going to see less elite OOC games moving forward as the ACC moves to 20 games.

Unfortunate, but true.
There definitely will be a cut back. It's almost that there's no other choice once the conference schedule expands. Since we're not in the catgegory of being invited to something like the Champions thing like dook, it's hard to say when/if we'll play another P5 home-and-home after we finish with South Carolina next year. I would imagine we'd like to, but reality might prevent it.

If an up-and-coming college hoops reporter asked me one for piece of advice to increase their national profile, I would say "troll Syracuse fans." There are tons of us and we're very sensitive.
Advice well heeded by Gottlieb, Thamel, etc. But Bilas, who’s fair and favorable, seems to do all right with SU fans ;)

UVa - VCU at home (after playing there last year); GWash at home (after playing there in 2015-16); finished home-and-home with WVU last year; home-and-home with Cal 2015-15 and 2016-17; Home-and-home with James Madison 2013-14 and 2014-15; and at South Carolina this year (I would imagine we'll play there next year).

I'm not trying to brag I'm just trying to say there are oppotunities for true road games (even in small gyms) if you are willing to look for them.

oh I didn't criticize Duke. I ripped Lunardi for constantly criticizing us ;)

I’ll just assume he’s trolling because that’s what all these scrubs do these days. Troll the big name teams so their fans will react, and they get some attention.

If you ever check out ESPN.coms headlines(I try not to these days) it’s almost a guarantee that half the “top stories” will be something “controversial” about a sports figure or team.

For example, right before the Dodgers game the other day they put up a story about how Clayton Kershaw isn’t sure if he will opt out of his last 2 years or not. It was the same exact story they had put up the previous week before a Dodgers game. No new info. Same quotes. They were just throwing something up that would draw clicks at that time.

That’s all they are about.

There’s no way that any reasonably smart college b-ball person would still be hung up on these 2005 talking points. Syracuse basketball faces a brutal schedule every year, as does every ACC basketball school.

Yes that’s the problem. It’s not ESPN. It’s the fact that college (actually all) sports fans have lizard brains.

Our board constantly criticizes dook for not playing true road games. when everyone else does.
Duke is the exception but Lunardi is just a lazy hack now.
We have played home/homes with Villanova, Georgetown, St. John’s the last few years.
We have played UConn 3 years in a row at MSG and they are probably the only team that can make MSG a true neutral site game.
We have played at Michigan, Wisconsin. Will play at Ohio State this year. We played in the Bahamas, Maui won both tournaments the last few years.
We don’t play all the games at home anymore but Lunardi is a moron.
Duke doesn’t play true road games outside of B1G games but they play neutral site games.

Lunardi just has a hardon for our fans because he trolls us and they bother him. Our fanbase has to just own his bias and not respond.

Duke is the exception but Lunardi is just a lazy hack now.
We have played home/homes with Villanova, Georgetown, St. John’s the last few years.
We have played UConn 3 years in a row at MSG and they are probably the only team that can make MSG a true neutral site game.
We have played at Michigan, Wisconsin. Will play at Ohio State this year. We played in the Bahamas, Maui won both tournaments the last few years.
We don’t play all the games at home anymore but Lunardi is a moron.
Duke doesn’t play true road games outside of B1G games but they play neutral site games.

Lunardi just has a hardon for our fans because he trolls us and they bother him. Our fanbase has to just own his bias and not respond.

I honestly feel like league mandated games (ie The Challenge) shouldn’t count toward this.

At least this is the logic that was used on me a few years back when I pointed out that Duke played at OSU.

I honestly feel like league mandated games (ie The Challenge) shouldn’t count toward this.

At least this is the logic that was used on me a few years back when I pointed out that Duke played at OSU.
Duke plays St. John’s h/h because they can make MSG Cameron North like we do.
JB has played h/hs the last decade though we played UVA when they had Leito, Memphis, played at San Diego State, Florida in Tampa,
Since we have joined the ACC we play 2 former Big East teams every year from Nova, Gtown, Johnnies, UConn.
Lunardi just trolls us now because it gets him attention.
If you don’t want to count the B1G games okay.

Why not? Coaches and ADs certainly consider these as road games when setting schedules.

?

Not my logic.
Didn't you say that you "honestly feel like league mandated games shouldn't count" towards credit for scheduling OOC games? Imust have misunderstood what you wrote.

Didn't you say that you "honestly feel like league mandated games shouldn't count" towards credit for scheduling OOC games? Imust have misunderstood what you wrote.

Anyway there’s a million things I’d rather do than get into a message board argument over this so how about I just save us the trouble and give you the W.

Outside of WVU, Cal and South Carolina, since UNC and UVA are the flagship state universities for their respective states, I might argue that your list of road games suggests this scheduling is merely a way of bringing the game to where it's convenient for large concentrations of the school's fans to attend a game without having to schlep all the way to Chapel Hill or Charlottesville.

Winthrop = Charlotte
Elon = Greensboro-Winston Salem (although its just down the road from Chapel Hill)
VCU = Richmond
GWash = NoVa
(What do you guys have against ODU?)

As a private school, there isn't a similarly large SU alumni base in the Buffalo/Rochester/Albany markets (and there isn't even a D1 school in Rochester) to reap the benefits of scheduling similarly to UNC and UVA. The closest equivalent outreach to the Syracuse alumni base involves SU going to MSG and Georgetown, which interestingly enough, is what SU tries to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom