Lunardi's Latest | Syracusefan.com

Lunardi's Latest

Oh please be true! That is a bracket we could definately do well in. That is if our boys even show up.

manhattan is 120 miles outside of kansas city.....eesh
Yes, they have an enormous following here. Any game that is anywhere near KC will be sold out.

K State in Kansas City.

Hopefully this won't happen but remember what I was telling you about the NCAA. This would be just another example of them putting the buck ahead of integrity.

Considering the fact that there are still a lot of meaningful games to be played, and that last year Lunardi correctly predicted only 2/4 #5 seeds, 0/4 #6 seeds, and 1/4 #7 seeds, I don't think I'll get too worked-up over any potential match-ups quite yet.

still a 5 seed with a second round matchup with K State again.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

His bracket is an upset special's paradise. In a flash, I'd take:
#9 SDSU over #8 Illinois
#12 Bucknell over #5 Arizona
#11 Iowa St over #6 UNLV
#10 Colorado over #7 ND
#9 Cal over #8 Missouri
#12 Temple over #5 Pitt
#11 Wichita St over #6 Butler
#10 St Mary's over #7 NC
#9 Minn over #8 NC St
#11 Kentucky (if it beats LaSalle) over #6 UCLA
#9 Oregon over #8 Creighton
#12 Virginia (if its beats Boise) over #5 SU
#11 Villanova over #6 VCU
#10 Oklahoma over #7 Memphis

Hopefully this won't happen but remember what I was telling you about the NCAA. This would be just another example of them putting the buck ahead of integrity.

No, it would be an example of a protected seed getting placed in the closest possible region, subject to other bracketing rules.

No, it would be an example of a protected seed getting placed in the closest possible region, subject to other bracketing rules.

Right. They have made no bones about doing this. They actively try to give higher seeds a home court advantage if they can. I don't really think it's about the money, though I guess it can't hurt.

NCAA tries to avoid matchups that are recent, I doubt we would be matched up with K State, no need to worry.

K State has all their key players back from last year...we don't. I'm only confident of beating them if Dion, Scoop, and KJo are suiting up.

We beat K-State last year and they aren't much better this year. The Big XII isn't that strong outside of Kansas and Oklahoma State. I would take this matchup in a heartbeat our zone would be a great matchup against K-State we beat Kansas in KC so the home crowd won't be as big a factor. Plus, there will be a lot of KU fans in their regional and they despise K State. That regional will end up with KU, one of Oklahoma State or Kansas State and I wouldn't be shocked if Missouri ends up in Kansas's pod just for kicks as a 7/10 seed.

NCAA tries to avoid matchups that are recent, I doubt we would be matched up with K State, no need to worry.
I nevet understood that rule. You would think they would encourage it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I think they try and avoid regular season rematches in the first round. I don't think the fact that we played Kansas State last year will keep us from being bracketed to potentially face them in round 2.

We beat K-State last year and they aren't much better this year. The Big XII isn't that strong outside of Kansas and Oklahoma State. I would take this matchup in a heartbeat our zone would be a great matchup against K-State we beat Kansas in KC so the home crowd won't be as big a factor. Plus, there will be a lot of KU fans in their regional and they despise K State. That regional will end up with KU, one of Oklahoma State or Kansas State and I wouldn't be shocked if Missouri ends up in Kansas's pod just for kicks as a 7/10 seed.

That was the Flynn-Rautins-Devendorf-Harris-AO team which beat Kansas in KC, fyi. Long time ago. Last year we had Scoop, Dion, and Joseph. Just saying. That being said, K-State would probably be a good matchup like you say.

Oh I am well aware of their policy. That doesn't make it a good thing or a fair thing. In fact it is downright stupid and I'd love to hear you or anybody else rationalize it. The moans that will be emanating from CNY will be something to hear if SU has to play KSt in KC. And for damn good reason.

Oh I am well aware of their policy. That doesn't make it a good thing or a fair thing. In fact it is downright stupid and I'd love to hear you or anybody else rationalize it. The moans that will be emanating from CNY will be something to hear if SU has to play KSt in KC. And for damn good reason.

I don't have any problem with teams getting an advantage for having a better season.

Right. They have made no bones about doing this. They actively try to give higher seeds a home court advantage if they can. I don't really think it's about the money, though I guess it can't hurt.

If it's not about the money then please tell me what it is about?

So a 4 seed qualifies as having a better season than a 5 seed? Sorry but that's nuts.

Well yeah, that's a bit of an issue. I thought you were speaking more generally.

Well yeah, that's a bit of an issue. I thought you were speaking more generally.

I was responding to the notion of SU playing KSt in the 4/5 game in KC. But I don't understand why anybody needs a home court advantage.

Maybe the BCS should do the same thing and have a floating site for the NC game based on seeding. If Alabama is #1 then they could play the game in Mobile and if ND is #1 they play the game at Soldier Field. Reward those teams for being #1. Sounds fair, right?

I was responding to the notion of SU playing KSt in the 4/5 game in KC. But I don't understand why anybody needs a home court advantage.

No one said anybody needed it. It's a reward for having a good season.

Maybe the BCS should do the same thing and have a floating site for the NC game based on seeding. If Alabama is #1 then they could play the game in Mobile and if ND is #1 they play the game at Soldier Field. Reward those teams for being #1. Sounds fair, right?

Obviously would be a lot more difficult to pull off in college football. I don't see how it's so controversial though. In pro sports the teams with the better record gets home court advantage. In a lot of the smaller conference tournaments the top seeds get to play the on their home court.

Why even seed the teams? Why should the #1 seed get to play the worst team i the field? Why not randomly pick the draw?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom