Lunardis take on the loss and impact | Syracusefan.com

Lunardis take on the loss and impact

Interesting. Based on overall body of work I think I can go along with him. However, we don't need any more "bad" losses or we could get bounced.

We need Duke to lose its that plain and simple. Duke is the only honest challenger for a 1 seed in the East. I am going to singing Carolina Born and Carolina Breed tonight because the Devils need to lose for our gripe on the East to remain. We are fine with the loss as our resume is good and as mentioned Kansas lost to TCU last year and was still a 1 seed.

Alsacs said:
We need Duke to lose its that plain and simple. Duke is the only honest challenger for a 1 seed in the East. I am going to singing Carolina Born and Carolina Breed tonight because the Devils need to lose for our gripe on the East to remain. We are fine with the loss as our resume is good and as mentioned Kansas lost to TCU last year and was still a 1 seed.

Exactly. I always laugh when I see definitive remarks about losing the one seed. It's not just what we do. It's about what the teams around us are doing.

If we win at Duke on Sat, you can cross them off the one line in NYC.

Couple things. We don't need Duke to lose because we play them again. We just have to beat them. I am very confident we will not see the very poor play we've seen in our last 4 in that game. I think we'll play well.
Also, your avatar: its great but it gets cropped such NY is only a sliver at the top. Need to work on that.

Couple things. We don't need Duke to lose because we play them again. We just have to beat them. I am very confident we will not see the very poor play we've seen in our last 4 in that game. I think we'll play well.
Also, your avatar: its great but it gets cropped such NY is only a sliver at the top. Need to work on that.
Honestly, I don't feel good about playing at Cameron Indoor Stadium. Duke is a tough matchup for us as they shoot the 3 really well, and have shooters for the middle of the zone. I think we got some breaks at the Dome that we won't on the road. Duke has won 30 home games in a row. If we win on Saturday the East debate would be over assuming we didn't have anymore What losses. If we lose on Saturday we need Duke to lose one game to Carolina to finish behind us in the conference standing then we would need to advance atleast equal or better than them at the ACC Tournament to get the 1 seed in the East.

For my avatar if you click on it twice you see the entire ACC is there, but I guess I will crop it eventually to get the Orange NY and blue S visible.

I think we're going to win Saturday. Don't ask me why, but I'm a lot more confident today than I was yesterday.

Cusefan0307 said:
I think we're going to win Saturday. Don't ask me why, but I'm a lot more confident today than I was yesterday.
I feel the same way. I think we will play really well.

we need to play more than 6 guys consistently . Putting on the press once in a while wouldn't hurt to speed play up

We need Duke to lose its that plain and simple. Duke is the only honest challenger for a 1 seed in the East. I am going to singing Carolina Born and Carolina Breed tonight because the Devils need to lose for our gripe on the East to remain.

I was all on board with this as of 8:15 last night.
Now I think they (Duke) can afford to drop this one if they run the table thereafter. So I am now less amped for tonight's game. Meh.

I would like Duke to lose (unlikely) but I DON'T want them to lose tonight before they play us. We will be their revenge game. They will pound us to bloody stumps!

Now, I recognize that the other possibility is that they will be demoralized if they lose and will play us poorly. But I don't see that happening.

I have pretty much used the 3 game rule with Duke.

If we lose 3 less games than Duke we are fine.

If we lose 2 less games than Duke, we may get the #1 or at least best seed in the ACC (and MSG).
a) Before BC loss, I viewed SU as having the clear advantage in the committee room if they had 2 less losses. But there was still a chance they would go with Duke.

b) With the BC loss, a really bad loss, a 2 loss gap could result in a total toss up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom