Lydon article on dot com | Syracusefan.com

Lydon article on dot com

Id like to know exactly WHY Donna didn't ask how Boeheim felt about the decision and if Lydon spoke with him about it.

It's funny that some have hinted that he was close to leaving last year but Lydon's words say otherwise.

Didn't get an opinion from anyone who's words would carry weight. His family influenced his decision the entire way.

Comments about the fan base were interesting. Young adults/kids do pay attention and take fan behavior to hear. At least in Lydon's case.

What did he say about the fan base?

What did he say about the fan base?

Said we have a pretty good fans but there's this one guy on the internet named Brian who won't get off his back about leaving early.

Here is his real quote:

Those are people who supported you and then it doesn't go their way and they get a little upset. That's anybody though, you know? I've handled it, I think, in the right way. But at the same time, there has been a lot of negativity about me leaving. There have also been a lot of people who had my back and who supported me. And I'm appreciative and thankful for that. I feel like it takes a lot for somebody to understand when somebody is chasing their dream, to give up one opportunity to try and go after another. And I really appreciate those people.

Said we have a pretty good fans but there's this one guy on the internet named Brian who won't get off his back about leaving early.

Here is his real quote:

Those are people who supported you and then it doesn't go their way and they get a little upset. That's anybody though, you know? I've handled it, I think, in the right way. But at the same time, there has been a lot of negativity about me leaving. There have also been a lot of people who had my back and who supported me. And I'm appreciative and thankful for that. I feel like it takes a lot for somebody to understand when somebody is chasing their dream, to give up one opportunity to try and go after another. And I really appreciate those people.

I don't think I have mentioned his decision in a month.

"Those are people who supported you and then it doesn't go their way and they get a little upset. That's anybody though, you know? I've handled it, I think, in the right way. But at the same time, there has been a lot of negativity about me leaving. There have also been a lot of people who had my back and who supported me. And I'm appreciative and thankful for that. I feel like it takes a lot for somebody to understand when somebody is chasing their dream, to give up one opportunity to try and go after another. And I really appreciate those people."
Every time I read a quote from Lydon I envision him pump-faking after every sentence. I can't help it.

It's strange how these kids who leave school early don't realize that fans of a program they're leaving would prefer they stay in the program to make the program better.

Every time I read a quote from Lydon I envision him pump-faking after every sentence. I can't help it.

It's strange how these kids who leave school early don't realize that fans of a program they're leaving would prefer they stay in the program to make the program better.

What makes you think he doesn't realize that fans want him to stay to make the program better? I'm genuinely confused on this - what do you think he believes the fans who are upset about him leaving are upset about?

Of course we want players to stay, no we want the worst possible team that we can have.

Yeah, we want him to stay. Yet, too many act like he isn't ready, and is not good enough for the NBA. He will get sent down, and never make it, etc.

Somehow, those same fans want him back. If I read this board, which a lot of recruits and players do, then I'd have to laugh at the ignorance and irony. Hopefully they just laugh, and don't take it seriously.

What makes you think he doesn't realize that fans want him to stay to make the program better? I'm genuinely confused on this - what do you think he believes the fans who are upset about him leaving are upset about?
"There has been a lot of negativity about me leaving."

He apparently expected to receive nothing but praise from SU fans after leaving.

He apparently expected to receive nothing but praise from SU fans after leaving.

He helped us get to a FF, and is about to continue the streak of 1st rounders out of the Cuse. We can be disappointed, as we all are. The negativity towards him from many fans is immature.

He stated a fact, probably in response to a question. Maybe he was surprised. Maybe he wasn't but he didn't say or imply either way.

Yeah, we want him to stay. Yet, too many act like he isn't ready, and is not good enough for the NBA. He will get sent down, and never make it, etc.

Somehow, those same fans want him back. If I read this board, which a lot of recruits and players do, then I'd have to laugh at the ignorance and irony. Hopefully they just laugh, and don't take it seriously.

Its not really irony, there is a difference between being Nba ready, and being a good college player.

He stated a fact, probably in response to a question. Maybe he was surprised. Maybe he wasn't but he didn't say or imply either way.
Yep, you're right - it was the needlessly over-the-top way the question was asked. Donna trying to stir the pot and create a combative answer. Tyler did a good job of not taking the bait.

This is where providing links to an article in threads about an article are helpful. Provides more context. Thanks Tomcat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom