Lydon comments | Syracusefan.com

Lydon comments

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
Not wrong! I try to do my best when I’m discussing these games to not make over the top or derogatory comments directed at anyone. Nothing wrong with a dose of perspective. Really remarkable some of the stuff people send DIRECTLY to players on social media though.

Head coach on the other hand ;)

Thanks for that incredible 2016 run, Tyler!

882B5777-ABA8-4C60-96B0-50F08D97BEC5.jpeg

Last edited:
I completely agree that people need to be respectful in their comment. But let’s not forget that the dynamic has changed a wee bit now that these kids are asking these grown ass men to buy their gear for profit.

Grown men tweeting negative things AT players is beyond lame and weird.

Sports fans talking ABOUT players is normal.

Wanting to punch people in the face for the first example is normal.

Getting offended by the second example is soft.

SHOT FAKE!!!! Had to do it.

I would say that anyone that reaches out to a player, recruit or a family of either in DMs is even crazier. Good intentions or not.

That is crazy to me.

Social posts are one thing (I wouldn't do that, I barely post anything that isn't a normal photo of something in my life), but to try to get 1:1 time with a teenager or their parent is really crazy to me if you are just a fan.

I would say that anyone that reaches out to a player, recruit or a family of either in DMs is even crazier. Good intentions or not.

That is crazy to me.

Social posts are one thing (I wouldn't do that, I barely post anything that isn't a normal photo of something in my life), but to try to get 1:1 time with a teenager or their parent is really crazy to me if you are just a fan.
I think I had one interaction with a player on Twitter and it was Fab Melo, he mentioned Brazil and I asked him about the beaches and the women down there, he recommended that I take a trip.

I think I had one interaction with a player on Twitter and it was Fab Melo, he mentioned Brazil and I asked him about the beaches and the women down there, he recommended that I take a trip.

I would guess that was outside of the DM function and the topic is clearly light and in passing. Obvious there can be carved out exceptions. Nothing is absolute, for sure.

Not wrong! I try to do my best when I’m discussing these games to not make over the top or derogatory comments directed at anyone. Nothing wrong with a dose of perspective. Really remarkable some of the stuff people send DIRECTLY to players on social media though.

Head coach on the other hand ;)

Thanks for that incredible 2016 run, Tyler!

View attachment 212659

As a rule i never turn down an invite to slide into someone's DMs

Meh

I get what he's saying but it also gets old when players (or coaches) try to diminish people's opinions because they've never played div 1, 2 or 3 ball. I do agree that people shouldn't contact players directly with comments. However, his last statement about grown ass men/women, that he could have done without.

Meh

I get what he's saying but it also gets old when players (or coaches) try to diminish people's opinions because they've never played div 1, 2 or 3 ball. I do agree that people shouldn't contact players directly with comments. However, his last statement about grown ass men/women, that he could have done without.
Hey, a lot of these guys worked REALLY hard to be 6’10!

They are pros now which changed my approach to critique. Sugar comes with the spice.

A very privileged take by him.
Really? I don’t think that word means what you think it means. Being civil and respectful has nothing to do with anything other than who you are as a person. If you are confident in that, and have any sort of humanity, you don’t need to berate people you never met, who play a game at a level you never could, and whose actions have no real impact on your life.
In other words, if you feel the need to try to “personally “ degrade another person through Social Media, posting things you would not have the guts to say in person, you have issues, not the least of which is being immature. Keyboard tough guys should just go get a life.

Agree… Open discussion which, imo, is what we primarily (emphasis on that) have here is how it goes.

This is an excellent post. Seems like common sense but clearly it isn't.

Kind of like his game. Is he at the proper age I can say that yet?

Kind of like his game. Is he at the proper age I can say that yet?
Ha!

I loved his game as a freshman. Felt like he never quite found his stride as a sophomore. Then he was gone.

Amazing that at the time a lot of us weren’t sold on him playing at center.

He looks like Etan, compared to Marek and…well any other non-centers that we’ve put at center in key spots in close games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom