Wesley Matthews
Chris Anderson
John freaking Starks
Brad Miller
Bruce Bowen
Jeremy Lin?

several parts to this question.

1) if he was a non SU player would you expect him to jump
2) if you have a favorite NBA team do you think he would help you? and which team would that be..

Im a knicks fan sinc Clyde days and I dont think he offers them anything, but I would take the Michigan kid and many others.

Doesnt mean I dont hope he does well, just dont see it unless he hits paydirt with a team that has players that can create space for him. is there any PF that he can guard or stop right now?

That also doesnt mean it was the wrong decision for him, it just shows that the NBA is willing to throw money away hoping it gets lucky..

2) if you have a favorite NBA team do you think he would help you? and which team would that be..

Im a knicks fan sinc Clyde days and I dont think he offers them anything, but I would take the Michigan kid and many others.

Doesnt mean I dont hope he does well, just dont see it unless he hits paydirt with a team that has players that can create space for him. is there any PF that he can guard or stop right now?

That also doesnt mean it was the wrong decision for him, it just shows that the NBA is willing to throw money away hoping it gets lucky..

Didn't they get lucky with college players to? It's not like the bust rate is any different from when say the teams were selecting the Kent Bensons and Sam Bowies of the world.

I am a Utah Jazz fan. I would not want him this year. Not in the first round.
He will not be able to guard anyone. He brings nothing special.

If I were his advisor, my advice would be to find a role. Either bulk up and play in the post and also maintain the 3pt shot as a stretch 4.
Or gain speed and become more of a wing shooter in the 3 spot.

I like Lydon. I think he has potential. But right now he just is not ready.

and this is the whole point.. the NBA doesnt worry about throwing 2-3 million away every year, since it gives most of its money to to its stars.

Too slow to guard the 3, too weak to guard the 4.
Needs to stay and polish up on his offensive game. What is he special at? How would he make any NBA team better?

Lots of guys better than him go undrafted every year.
Put it in perspective, Lydon is 21. Before the influx of 18-19yrs running into the draft, 21 was the optimal age for someone graduating and applying for the draft. Lydon is in the correct age bracket and he is a sophomore. Best to him, love to see him stay but it is not in the cards. Best to him in. The draft.

Too slow to guard the 3, too weak to guard the 4.
Needs to stay and polish up on his offensive game. What is he special at? How would he make any NBA team better?

Lots of guys better than him go undrafted every year.

I don't blame Lydon one bit for putting his name in the draft. I'm not sure staying another year will improve his situation. But looking at all of the talent coming out it will be critical that he distinguish himself in these workouts. If he doesn't he could slide down further than these mock drafts are showing at this point in time. A lot of competition out there.

1. Basically all NBA fans think he's making the right decision
2. I'm a Bucks fan and I'm hoping we consider him around the #17 pick.

Edit: Note, basically. Obviously it's not a unanimous opinion but basically everyone knows he's probably a first round pick.

To be honest, I would rather have Andrew White than Tyler Lydon.

He has an amazing physique for the NBA. He is an amazing 3pt shooter. He can come off the bench as a rotational player and knock down threes.
He also stepped up a produced when needed.

Ben Wallace
Avery Johnson
Jose Calderon
Wesley Matthews
Chris Anderson
John freaking Starks
Brad Miller
Bruce Bowen
Jeremy Lin?

So all of these guys should have been 1st round picks? My point was that TL is projected to go as a 1st rounder. Obviously there are guys every year that go undrafted who turn out to be very good players. If an NBA GM took Ben Wallace, Chris Anderson, or Bruce Bowen in the first round he'd probably need a new job (which could be the case with Lydon too)

I'm waiting for the first year when no seniors go in the first round.

I love Tyler Lyndon, think his upside at the collegiate level was huge. That being said, if I'm an NBA GM, I'm not positive I'm wasting a 1 on him. I think he's a guy you can buy low with the potential to sell high...

I realize the NBA drafts on potential, but, I'm not really sure where he fits right now.

I think your first question is an interesting one and I'm honestly not sure. I do think that his stock now is as high as it is going to get.

So all of these guys should have been 1st round picks? My point was that TL is projected to go as a 1st rounder. Obviously there are guys every year that go undrafted who turn out to be very good players. If an NBA GM took Ben Wallace, Chris Anderson, or Bruce Bowen in the first round he'd probably need a new job (which could be the case with Lydon too)

you asked a question. I answered the question. I did not give an opinion 1 way or another.

you asked a question. I answered the question. I did not give an opinion 1 way or another.

I should have specified my answer better. I meant name me 5 who were projected to go in the 1st round and went undrafted

Lydon's a good kid, and wish him the best... but fully expect him to land in the D league or overseas... He may have the potential, like everyone else declaring, but from he's shown... often times he disappears on offense, and genuinely defers to others. He's not gonna demand the ball, or someone you run your offense through when the team needs a bucket. He's a good, set 3-pt shooter...and needs to be wide-open -- not someone that will create for himself. He's an avg ball-handler for his size, and won't be taking anyone off the dribble. Unless he's got a size advantage, he's not gonna bully anyone in the post, especially in the NBA... and even there, his post game was avg at best. He's a good rebounder and FT shooter, but that doesn't scream "draft me"... He was what... Honorable Mention All-ACC?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom