Lydon now projected as a Top 20 pick. | Syracusefan.com

Lydon now projected as a Top 20 pick.

I don't think he's staying, better hope battle stays. He has looked really good lately, his and-1 reverse layup against ND was an NBA caliber move.

I feel very confident that there is <5% chance Lydon is back next year. Any roster projections/conversation that include him for next year is a futile exercise.

I don't think he's staying, better hope battle stays. He has looked really good lately, his and-1 reverse layup against ND was an NBA caliber move.

He's not even in the 2018 first round... yet.

I think Lydon has reached his peak here. He's shown the ability to knock down long threes that he can step into, and also very viable post moves. He's shown he can rebound and make it tough inside for other bigs, as his blocking numbers indicated in the tournament last year. He's not very good at dribbling, but I highly doubt that is something that would make him come back to school to improve instead of going through the NBA development process.

Battle, in my opinion, has a very high ceiling. Great size, strong first step, and a good shot so far from deep. Really think he works himself into a top 15 pick after next year.

I see him heading to the "D" league first...just look at his arms. Toothpicks and his weight is listed at 205 lbs.

Can't envision him staying. SU's only hope for that would be if he is in position to graduate after three years, and if the player / his family wants him to accomplish that.

I'm of the mindset that if you're close, you can always go back to school after your professional career -- but the family might feel differently.

He's not even in the 2018 first round... yet.
There are a lot of former high end recruits in that 2nd round right now as underclassmen. Woof. I can't imagine that is what the 2nd will actually look like. It's basically all the freshmen who didn't go in the draft last year and a bunch of highly ranked recruits who are underwhelming so far in the NCAA.

Battle is 50/50 to me. It wouldn't shock me if he stays or if he goes.

If he is a top 20 pick, then he should go. This team will be a train wreck next year regardless.

He should go and get with a better S&C program. If he's 1st round and guaranteed - take the $. His game will improve too (though I know it's popular opinion that early entries don't get coached in the league or the D-League).

If he is a top 20 pick, then he should go. This team will be a train wreck next year regardless.
I disagree. If Lydon came back with TT and Battle, that is a very solid foundation. We don't know what other pieces might come our way. Now, I don't expect Lydon to come back if he is in the 15-20 range. But if he did, a little bigger, he would be one big problem for teams to contend with.

I disagree. If Lydon came back with TT and Battle, that is a very solid foundation. We don't know what other pieces might come our way. Now, I don't expect Lydon to come back if he is in the 15-20 range. But if he did, a little bigger, he would be one big problem for teams to contend with.

We have the same foundation now except with Roberson, AWIII and Gillon in the mix, those three are gone.

Those three gone along with Lydon and we still don't have a PG or SF and Thompson who can't play any sort of defense. I'm sure TT can improve on the defensive end but he wont be winning any defensive awards soon. We're losing a lot next year even if you don't value the three guys that are gone (not including Lydon).

Next year is going to hurt.

Chris McCullough?
Tyler Ennis?

Those started quite early if I recall.

Really? I feel like Cuse fans were talking about Ennis as a 4 year player a good way through the season.

McCullough, yeah. He had the measurables and the need/desire to go as soon as possible though too.

Guys like Waiters, Flynn, Richardson all seemed to get their draft momentum in the spring. Nobody was talking about Waiters or Flynn being "projected" as the #4 pick or #6 pick in January.

if Lydon goes, he will never get out of the D League.

he needs a serious reinvention that can only be provided in college.

Really? I feel like Cuse fans were talking about Ennis as a 4 year player a good way through the season.

McCullough, yeah. He had the measurables and the need/desire to go as soon as possible though too.

Guys like Waiters, Flynn, Richardson all seemed to get their draft momentum in the spring. Nobody was talking about Waiters or Flynn being "projected" as the #4 pick or #6 pick in January.

Flynn and Richardson were late risers due to their tournament play

I think we all knew Dion was gone, probably not that high though.

Ennis was already in the first round before the spring. The 25-0 start solidified his ceiling if I recall.

The thing that's most interesting to me about will-he-stay-or-will-he-go is that he's older than those listed ahead of him in the mock draft and younger than just about everyone named after him. He's at the cutoff of 20+ years old.

With the NBA's really stupid idea that players 20 years or older have topped out it's hard to see how Lydon would stay. Then again, maybe he likes school. Yes, he can go back after his NBA time is done. But...so few players do that it's not really a consideration. If you go, you've changed your life forever - if you stay, you've delayed the inevitable for a year to still be a kid. Boeheim's right when he says that if you're not in the lottery, your chances are slim to none to stick beyond the first year or two.

If he is a guaranteed Top 20 pick, then he should go and create a better life for himself and his family.

He needs to cut the BS after the season is over and commit to his body and gaining as much muscle mass as possible. Not talking fluff weight either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom