Lydon on the last play | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Lydon on the last play

When you get hit and lose your balance, you try and break your fall. You don't fall backwards like someone is there to catch you.

No it couldn't. It's BS. That was not a charge, there was no advantage gained. That big dude flopped. I am 6ft tall and 200lbs. I could run full speed into that guy and bounce off of him.
If that was the first half or anytime other then the last play...that could have been called. We have seen less called in the past. Also, it would definitely be a point that Cuse critics would use to discount the win. I personally after seeing it from different angles DON'T think it was but at first look thought we may have gotten away with one.

What does your height have to do with it? Lydon is like 6'10" so maybe he wouldn't bounce off of him...I don't really care.

If that was the first half or anytime other then the last play...that could have been called. We have seen less called in the past. Also, it would definitely be a point that Cuse critics would use to discount the win. I personally after seeing it from different angles DON'T think it was but at first look thought we may have gotten away with one.

What does your height have to do with it? Lydon is like 6'10" so maybe he wouldn't bounce off of him...I don't really care.

That's a flop. Battle had the ball by the time the guy fell. I can't believe we are having this conversation. It goes to show you that CBB has a problem when it comes to calling the charge.

It may have been called at some point of the game, this is the ACC afterall, but that doesn't mean it should have been called. And, I would not have complained if it were Clemson that made the last second shot and then our guy flopped and it wasn't called. My point about my size is, I could run into the guy at full speed and barely effect the dude. Lydon barely brushed him and the guy went down, it was a flop.

That's a flop. Battle had the ball by the time the guy fell. I can't believe we are having this conversation. It goes to show you that CBB has a problem when it comes to calling the charge.
I agree. By all means, establish position and draw an offensive foul if the guy is out of control, but flopping is ridiculous.

No and the one he got called for before was absurd he got rid of the ball before, and it was a flop.

I thought it was a flop...I said at first glance it looked like a charge. I thought this was a convo on Lydon last play? So I gave my thought.

To tell me that if this was Duke and that same play happened with no call...I would be shocked though.

I thought it was a flop...I said at first glance it looked like a charge. I thought this was a convo on Lydon last play? So I gave my thought.

To tell me that if this was Duke and that same play happened with no call...I would be shocked though.

The CJ play was a bad call, but this would have been worse.

This x 100. I still cannot believe they failed to call the technical on the other end then again, these are ACC refs.
I must have missed the "should have been technical" in the excitement of the moment. What was the infraction for the almost technical? Thanks in advance.

I must have missed the "should have been technical" in the excitement of the moment. What was the infraction for the almost technical? Thanks in advance.

Clemson coach tried to call a time out with no time outs left.

I just watched the replay on ESPN, a few times. I don't see a charge there, I see a defensive player who, when he framed up, was trying to get knocked down, and that's not the same as getting knocked down when you're trying to play defense. I think "no call" was the right call there.

The fact that we have a 3 page thread questioning whether or not that should be a charge only highlights whats wrong with college bball on the block/charge thing. What basketball play did the Clemson player make during that? None at all so why would we ever consider rewarding him and punishing an offensive player who actually made a basketball play. 95% of the time its not basketball when you are trying to get a charge called.

It is supposed to be a basketball game ;)

Last edited:
The fact that we have a 3 page thread questioning whether or not that should be a charge only highlights whats wrong with college bball on the block/charge thing. What basketball play did the Clemson player make during that? None at all so why would we ever consider rewarding him and punishing an offensive player who actually made a basketball play. 95% of the time its not basketball when you are trying to get a charge called.

It is supposed to be a basketball game ;)

It highlights that plus our illustrious history on such calls. We have to be the only fanbase in America conditioned to think that play even reaches the status of "no-call". Other than Bo Ryan being upset about a CJ and 1 in Boston [no idea if that call was even wrong] I can't think of a single block/charge call gone our way in about 11 years.

It highlights that plus our illustrious history on such calls. We have to be the only fanbase in America conditioned to think that play even reaches the status of "no-call". Other than Bo Ryan being upset about a CJ and 1 in Boston [no idea if that call was even wrong] I can't think of a single block/charge call gone our way in about 11 years.

Well, we had that shocker AT Duke, where we did NOT get called for a foul, a play that Coach K thought was AMAZING!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!! :cool:

But that wasn't a block/charge, as much as a foul/no foul.
(PS - it was probably a foul. I'm still amazed Duke didn't get that call, especially at home.)

I just looked at Lydon at that play a few more times. You could argue it could have been a charge. It's really close. Lydon's feet end up between the defenders feet. Oh boy. That sucks. All the Orange haters are going to discount it. But a W is a W. Since the ref did not call a charge then it wasn't a charge by definition.
Yeah, I figured it was a 50/50 call if it happened a few minutes earlier

What the Clemson coach should really be asking himself is why there were three players converged on Lydon and why no one was within 5 yards of Battle on the wing. Were they fighting over the chance to flop?

Lydon barely touched the defender, who stood there for a split second before toppling over like a sack of potatoes... so no, not a charge.

It did look like Lydon shuffled his feet a bit before he started to drive though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom