Lydon | Syracusefan.com

Lydon

CusefanATL

2018 Iggy Post Season Record NCAA Winner
forgive me for starting another thread but it's too difficult to sift through the other 100 pages. Is it confirmed confirmed that Lydon signed an agent or did/doing the autograph signing? I don't believe he did the wheel chair game last night which most do, even declared underclassmen, correct? And we've heard nothing since the initial report of the super hidden promo of Lydon signing the autographs that was impossible to find on the website unless you were professional hacker.

Gone, he

IMG_0853.JPG

How much money do these guys make signing autographs on a canoe in a lake near Pulaski or wherever the hell he was?
Not much. I bet a UK kid makes more during a 8 hour work day. I'm only using the 8-9 months they are actually on campus and dividing by the 150k WWW is paying them.

And despite what we may think, getting paid to play ball whether overseas or in the DLeague, is still a better option to these kids than making that 8:30 Chem midterm in 20' weather.

Based on the current DLeague salaries, I'd rather be taking a midterm in the snow. If the new agreement goes into effect where they make 50-75K a year, then I'd be more intrigued. There's a huge upside if you can make a professional roster, but for those who can't, good luck with the 20K a year you made.

Based on the current DLeague salaries, I'd rather be taking a midterm in the snow. If the new agreement goes into effect where they make 50-75K a year, then I'd be more intrigued. There's a huge upside if you can make a professional roster, but for those who can't, good luck with the 20K a year you made.
So many high paying jobs for new grads.

Well if that draft express prediction holds, he'll be getting paid NBA money regardless.

Why is this so hard for people?

It's not what people are used to. Most of us grew up watching a Syracuse program where before 2008, only Pearl, Owens, and Carmelo left early to go to the pros.

The good players were always back the next season if they had eligibility left. It's only the last 10 years where everything has drastically changed.

Fair enough.
But Europe, Asia, and Australia also beckon for someone of Lydon's caliber, usually with 6-figure salaries. I'd take that scenario over some useless midterm any day!

Well if that draft express prediction holds, he'll be getting paid NBA money regardless.

I should have clarified for players without guaranteed money. If you get drafted in the 1st round, obviously it's a good thing no matter where you start playing.

So many high paying jobs for new grads.

$20,000 is not a very livable wage. I'm not saying a new grad should be making 100 grand off the bat, but the degree should be able to get you something more than minimum wage.

$20,000 is not a very livable wage. I'm not saying a new grad should be making 100 grand off the bat, but the degree should be able to get you something more than minimum wage.

They have their housing paid for too.
And it's not like D (or G) League is a 12-month long gig - they can do other things the remainder of the time to make some $.

Given that many, MANY recent college grads can't find any work, period -
having a source of income, while pursuing your life's dream, isn't exactly the worst thing that could happen to you.

first of all, if you are under contract to an NBA team, you are being paid your NBA salary, not a d-league salary.

Second, there are 3 tiers of d-league salaries. The A tier is $25,500 (for a 5 month, 50 game season). That's a $60K per year equivalent

teams are also responsible for housing, so that is a big expense that is taken care of.

While on the road, the league provides a small per diem for meal money.

the d-league is not a wise financial move for the guys with no real shot - the C tier salary slots. But it is financially viable for the marginal NBA prospect.

They have their housing paid for too.
And it's not like D (or G) League is a 12-month long gig - they can do other things the remainder of the time to make some $.

Given that many, MANY recent college grads can't find any work, period -
having a source of income, while pursuing your life's dream, isn't exactly the worst thing that could happen to you.

I agree with you. I said a degree should get you a decent job, but obviously that hasn't been true in a while. I know from personal experience myself unfortunately.