M.I.U. , giant leaps and bounds | Syracusefan.com

M.I.U. , giant leaps and bounds

Don

2nd String
After looking at the ACC blogs About the different units on each teams, one thing I think they overlooked at least in our case is the chance for the most Improved Units on each team. In my opinion I don't care how good your skill players are you win games by winning in the trenches. Looking at this team the two units where I could see the most improved and make Giant leap are the Two lines.
The D line has some good players who may make Giants progress for three reasons
1) simply playing in the same scheme with the same coaches with basically the same teammates
2) there may be more depth this year than the past ,no graduation, no early jumpers and no multiple happy Jane users that kill the depth . The Nelson situation not withstanding there are players here.
3) reasons 1 and 2 may let the coaches expand the schemes and the playbook to allow players to use the talent they have to maximize results.
There may or may not be 1st or 2nd team ACC type players but for the fort time in a long time we have both coaching continuity and more important a blend of depth and new players who give the appearance of seeing huge improvements.

The O line has basically a similar outlook with the biggest issue being a large number of players in the same system with the same offensive coaches for two years in a row. The offensive line is the one place on a football team that can produce huge results wit lesser talent if they can meld together in a system that they can be repetitive in.
The resist freshman will play a key roll here. I think upgrades at right tackle and perhaps center will allow the team to become a much better line.
Another key to the line play is Dungey must let the plays run before he runs. Last year they needed him to run a more stable and efficient use of the running game may allow the offensive line to become the other most improved unit on the team..

Both units have a lot to prove no doubt. The O line and is false star follies must stop, they must open holes for the running game, they need to maintain blocks in the passing game.

The D line simply must be able to get pressure without blitzes because very frankly the secondary needs all the help it can get. The line must be able to control these dual threat qb,s that abused us last year.

I personally think with the coaching stability and the added depth for both practice and games we will see tremendous improvements in these two units. I'm 8 out of ten optimistic that for the most part both of these units have some ACC talent that will not let us down. I'm not as optimistic in some other areas but I like the potential in these untis.

There my picks for most improved units and an area where we may see giants leaps and bounds..

What is yours?

After looking at the ACC blogs About the different units on each teams, one thing I think they overlooked at least in our case is the chance for the most Improved Units on each team. In my opinion I don't care how good your skill players are you win games by winning in the trenches. Looking at this team the two units where I could see the most improved and make Giant leap are the Two lines.
The D line has some good players who may make Giants progress for three reasons
1) simply playing in the same scheme with the same coaches with basically the same teammates
2) there may be more depth this year than the past ,no graduation, no early jumpers and no multiple happy Jane users that kill the depth . The Nelson situation not withstanding there are players here.
3) reasons 1 and 2 may let the coaches expand the schemes and the playbook to allow players to use the talent they have to maximize results.
There may or may not be 1st or 2nd team ACC type players but for the fort time in a long time we have both coaching continuity and more important a blend of depth and new players who give the appearance of seeing huge improvements.

The O line has basically a similar outlook with the biggest issue being a large number of players in the same system with the same offensive coaches for two years in a row. The offensive line is the one place on a football team that can produce huge results wit lesser talent if they can meld together in a system that they can be repetitive in.
The resist freshman will play a key roll here. I think upgrades at right tackle and perhaps center will allow the team to become a much better line.
Another key to the line play is Dungey must let the plays run before he runs. Last year they needed him to run a more stable and efficient use of the running game may allow the offensive line to become the other most improved unit on the team..

Both units have a lot to prove no doubt. The O line and is false star follies must stop, they must open holes for the running game, they need to maintain blocks in the passing game.

The D line simply must be able to get pressure without blitzes because very frankly the secondary needs all the help it can get. The line must be able to control these dual threat qb,s that abused us last year.

I personally think with the coaching stability and the added depth for both practice and games we will see tremendous improvements in these two units. I'm 8 out of ten optimistic that for the most part both of these units have some ACC talent that will not let us down. I'm not as optimistic in some other areas but I like the potential in these untis.

There my picks for most improved units and an area where we may see giants leaps and bounds..

What is yours?
i sincerely hope y0u are totally right

If the O-Line improves to average in the ACC, this offense will be very good or better.

In order we need the
1. Defensive Backs to make the leap to mediocre. We need just average P5 level CBs.
2. Defensive line: edge pressure we need to put some pressure on the QB and not have to blitz to have a chance to hit the QB.
3. Offensive line: run blocking. They are fine pass blocking but the OL needs to get better creating some holes for the RB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom