MacPherson Listed on 2012 Rimington Trophy Fall Watch List | Syracusefan.com

MacPherson Listed on 2012 Rimington Trophy Fall Watch List

This can't be. Mackey is the root of all our problems on the o-line. (if you can't tell i'm being sarcastic, slap yourself)

This can't be. Mackey is the root of all our problems on the o-line. (if you can't tell i'm being sarcastic, slap yourself)

I only opened this thread to make essentially the same post.

51 players named, not a big deal.

51 players named, not a big deal.
Yeah, out of 500+ players in the country, to be singled out as top 10% is no biggie. :rolleyes:

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, out of 500+ players in the country, to be singled out as top 10% is no biggie. :rolleyes:

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Um, que? That's almost 50% of all starting centers.

Every year I get the media guide sent to me and the front and back covers are filled with players who are "candidates" for certain national awards. We haven't had a player win one in quite a while. It's like being preseason number one, it looks nice, but of you aren't number one at the end of the season it means absolutely NOTHING!

Every year I get the media guide sent to me and the front and back covers are filled with players who are "candidates" for certain national awards. We haven't had a player win one in quite a while. It's like being preseason number one, it looks nice, but of you aren't number one at the end of the season it means absolutely NOTHING!

Wasn't Donnie McPherson our last national award winner?

Yeah...Freeney was nominated and a finalist for at least 3 national awards. Didn't win them though. He sucked.

Did you notice though he is the second smallest listed, which explains why he gets blown up more than senior Al Qaeda leadership. The kid tries hard but he is just not big enough.

Did you notice though he is the second smallest listed, which explains why he gets blown up more than senior Al Qaeda leadership. The kid tries hard but he is just not big enough.
plus, he didn't have many stars...so can't be good.

hes on my watch list.

after every snap lets watch as he turns around and yells 'watch out' to nassib.

Oh Lord

Reactions: JD
hes on my watch list.

after every snap lets watch as he turns around and yells 'watch out' to nassib.

Oh Lord

That's funny right there, but Macky does the best with what he has been given. He just isn't built to take on 300 lb nose guards and he struggles with quick defensive tackles.

I think Macky should just change his last name to Chibane ... he is the biggest problem on the OLine yet doesn't catch any flack from this board ... if Macky wasn't Macky MacPherson he wouldn't catch half the grief he catches here ...

Well if his last name wasn't MacPherson I dont neccesarily think he would have had an offer. Like I said before I give him a ton of credit I just think he is limited.

I am willing to bet Macky gave up less sacks than all of the starters except Pugh last year. He struggles with run blocking at times, but he is a solid option on passing downs and overall. Like wfschrec said the only reason he gets all of the hate is because of his size and last name.

I am willing to bet Macky gave up less sacks than all of the starters except Pugh last year. He struggles with run blocking at times, but he is a solid option on passing downs and overall. Like wfschrec said the only reason he gets all of the hate is because of his size and last name.
The biggest problem is like you said he struggles with run blocking, the problem is alot of time last year we were stuck in second and 9 because of run blocking issues.

The biggest problem is like you said he struggles with run blocking, the problem is alot of time last year we were stuck in second and 9 because of run blocking issues.
He was a sophomore. 2 years under his belt. 2 more to go. He was the best on the team which is why he starts.

I think our biggest problem has been that there is poor chemistry with the line (as far as their talents lie). Pugh is our only lineman that excels at pass and run blocking whereas everyone else could only do one or the other. Some can do neither (Chibane). The OL all the way around needs an upgrade, and Macky has been pretty good so far us, so I'm not complaining on that front.

No we were stuck in 2nd and 9 because everyone and their brother knew we couldn't stretch the field and could stick 9 in the box ... we had a 1,000 yd rusher last year in Bailey ... its not like we couldn't run the ball at all. You had no playmakers on the edges at all ...

Yeah...Freeney was nominated and a finalist for at least 3 national awards. Didn't win them though. He sucked.

You are completely missing the point, my friend. Being a finalist and being named to the pre-season watch lot are two COMPLETELY different things. The watch list is based on pre-season expectations, realistic or otherwise. Being named a finalist is based on on the field play. I hope all the players listed as "candidates" for these awards win or are finalists. However, before the season starts EVERYONE is a candidate.

Wasn't Donnie McPherson our last national award winner?

He very well may have been our last. We have had a few guys end up in the top five for various awards since then, but I can't think of any winners.