Malachi Pre-Draft Workout | Syracusefan.com

Malachi Pre-Draft Workout

He didn't miss one shot in the entire workout! Incredible!

Bruce Lee once said, "boards do not strike back". Malachi is a great kid, love the doo, but he was a little inconsistent at shooting this season. I think the inconsistency may force him to come back another season. But if he leaves good luck because as a fan you have to be grateful for him getting us to a final four. His UVA Elite 8 game alone was a great contribution to the program.

If he stays and shoots like that, he should average 50 points per game.

Very seldom do you see him take more than one dribble to his left. He brings the ball straight up in front of him instead of bringing it off from the side when shooting off the dribble. He will get stripped if he always brings it in front. He is smooth. He still lacks elite quickness and ball handling to stay in the NBA. He might get drafted, but you needs special skills to stay there.

I noticed his feet are kind of pigeon-toed and one behind the other on his set jumper. Looks strange to me, wonder if that is something he should be working on or if it even affects him at all.

Just like a HS clips of a kid. You never ever see them miss. Heck, for all we know those could have been the ONLY shots he made in a 20 minute workout! Or in 10 minutes.

i assume this is sarcastic.. right?
FGi3N4.gif

I noticed his feet are kind of pigeon-toed and one behind the other on his set jumper. Looks strange to me, wonder if that is something he should be working on or if it even affects him at all.

he did that during the season a lot too.

probably why his shot is inconsistent.

This is how you get consistency. You have the same motion every time:

042115_S_Softball_AllieWahl_SP.jpg

Shooting a basketball is similar to swinging a golf club. There are certain elements everybody needs at certain points in the motion but hundreds of ways to get there. As long as a shooter has a stable base, pigeon toeing and staggered feet aren't going to hinder much. The key is to have the feet consistently pigeon toed and staggered on each shot, in Mal's case.

You're joking right? rewatch the video and look at the clock in the background...the time stays the same over and over again on made shots...This is good editing on made shots!

i assume this is sarcastic.. right?

when I watched it the first time, I thought some of the shots were reruns. Look at the time clock in the back left. Then saw once i was 3:02 then again 3:03.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom