Malcolm Cater back in football determined to 'make it right' | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Malcolm Cater back in football determined to 'make it right'

Pretty sure Marrone would have never taken him back. Trust was one of his big things and Cater stole from a teammate.
Agreed, but I bet he would've helped him find another landing spot. The fact that coaches, including Marrone, visited him during his incarceration says a lot.

Love Shafer, can't stand Marrone.

Enough with the Marrone bashing already. Take a step back and realize what the guy did for this program. If you're pissed that he left for a better "dream job", get over it. You would hopefully do the same for your family.

Enough with the Marrone bashing already. Take a step back and realize what the guy did for this program. If you're pissed that he left for a better "dream job", get over it. You would hopefully do the same for your family.

It's pretty funny, Shafer has no problem acknowledging the job Marrone did.

Marrone taking staff allowed Shafer to fulfill his dream/deal to get the band back together.

Hackett doesn't leave, everyone's favorite Kool Kid isn't on the staff and Lester isn't the QB coach.

I wasn't bashing. I was acknowledging that while I don't like what he did I did like that he (maybe) tried to help cater out and felt bad Shafer didn't follow through on it. I guess the premise is in question now, but my post was actually pro Marrone.

There's no way the University would've taken him back anyways. Highly highly doubt they would have.

Even if the timeline fits, come on, his grades fell, academic probabtion and he drops out of school because the Syracuse offer to come back fell through? Please. This is a Cater problem and he's trying to place blame again for his failures.