Maliq Brown to Duke | Page 42 | Syracusefan.com

Maliq Brown to Duke

But we made progress this year with a team loaded with sophomores and are adding two great freshman plus a couple of portal pieces. But the problem is that we needed to keep Maliq and get Q to buy in.
What is Q buying into? His streetball bs isn’t going to stop. That crap doesn’t work, there’s a reason you don’t see it anywhere.

I dont understand how not paying a guy probably $800,000 is a big problem for reds cred. this is an e ff you pay me situation and i for one am glad we arent paying.
ok . so we will just pencil you in for glad we finished in the dregs of our division again next year.

ok . so we will just pencil you in for glad we finished in the dregs of our division again next year.
Again how will paying brown $800K solve that? And how do we know with not having brought anyone in yet? Lets all wait and see how this plays out

I’m with you on Starling. I think that kid is gonna be a star next year. Add a really good PG to the mix and a healthy Westry, plus Choppa Moore, who has a reputation as a great shooter, and we’ll have a nice backcourt. Plus Cuffe who’s another wild card.
I think Starling can be an elite scorer next season. I'm not sure about the rest of his game.

Again how will paying brown $800K solve that? And how do we know with not having brought anyone in yet? Lets all wait and see how this plays out
ain't my money honey.

It's not a guess.

That’s pretty good then since not even people involved with SUs collectives know exactly how much all the other ACC teams have. It can also change in a moments notice since there have been times when a collective will raise funds for a specific player. Go orange.

That’s pretty good then since not even people involved with SUs collectives know exactly how much all the other ACC teams have. It can also change in a moments notice since there have been times when a collective will raise funds for a specific player. Go orange.
Yeah, since these schools don't release that kind of data, I find it difficult to believe that anyone, anywhere has any idea what other schools have. Other than guessing. Which is rarely correct.

Yes obviously things can change...

I know a baseline of what every acc team has unless some school would gain a large sum unexpectedly.

The 3 new teams I have no idea.

Do you want a selfish person on the team? That won’t win you crap down the road. Brown can’t shoot and is a decent defender
I have no idea what this is in reference to.

why worry about it was my point.
well i do worry when players don't want to be on our team . i worry when players don't want to wear ORANGE.
i'll agree the money is outrageous. and i'm cool with paying nothing and losing. but don't play the middle.
paying players is either all in or all out. i just don't want to pay for talent and finish 6th with no tourney.
Syracuse Admin needs to decide if it's in the game or folds its hand. big building. empty seats. integrity.

Last edited:
Where did we get that number? I find it hard to believe Brown would think he was worth that.
Isn’t that what Marsh is insinuating in the above post? Maybe I’m reading it wrong.

I love Maliq but that's a little bit of coach speak. On a good team, like say any that played over the weekend, his role would be role player.
He will be a loss and will fit in well wherever he goes, but he's going to be a role player on a good team unless his offense takes a giant leap.
Sounds like what was said here about JoeG.

No I understand, I just disagree. Have seen both play. If I needed a center I would go find a center. Not an undersized power forward which is what will get you in trouble, playing guys out of position. I would prefer to have both, Brown stayed and came off the bench at the 4 and possibly some small ball 5. I don't think either player is all that great. Bown isn't a 5, talking apples and oranges.

We aren't trading. giving up etc, this is the way it goes. They come and they go.
Why is adding a center have anything to do with Brown leaving. He doesn't want to play the 5. He isn't a center. He is most likely leaving because he isn't going to start over Freeman. He was going to play a lot but it was going to be a combo between forward and center. Kid wants a shot at being a forward and he is going to get it at another school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom