Man, it feels like | Syracusefan.com

Man, it feels like

qdawgg

Night Biking Enthusiast
I’m back in the 1990’s but I have a cell phone. What a great, nail biting game. Watching McCord is like watching a professional QB and it’s been a long time since it’s felt like that. Players came to play. So excited for this season.

Solid overall game
great offensive strategy - attack and be the aggresser
much improved defense - limited a potent run & pass game

When was the last time we saw SU performing ball control?

Clearly, an overall improvement in FB IQ, discipline and tenacity!

So proud of and to be ORANGE!

Happy Jerry Seinfeld GIF

Jake - for you sir.

This schedule is fun.

2 wins over bowl teams to start.

Stanford on a Friday night. BC looks competitive. Pitt is gettable.

UNLV guys doing their slot machine thing. Cal looks spry. NC State is ranked.

We get to beat up on UConn and have Miami at home looming late in the season.

This is awesome.

It’s nice to have a coach with solid clock management. I had heard someone say that you could grab a random 10 yr old that plays a lot of madden and they’d have better clock management than most coaches… sadly that’s true, but I think Fran gets it

Thing is, we haven't seen a game yet where all 3 units are firing - Offense has been consistently good, but has had some gaffes that were near turnovers that really could have been bad (the McCord throw to LQA in the line at the end of this game for example), Specials were average last week and not so good this week, defense was not so good last week and responded really well this week.

I think we have a really good shot at a special season here if the team continues to improve upon it's weaknesses. Which I truly believe under Fran's leadership we will.

This is the most talent I've seen on a Syracuse offense in as long as I can remember. Probably going back to late 90's. It's really awesome that we have the ability to close games out even when we make mistakes.

The fourth down and third and short plays HCFB ran were genius. I hate to say it but our former coach would have tried to jam it down their throats and turned the ball over. Big time difference of making split decisions and thinking outside the box. Big win!

I also love that no matter what the "& Long" is, I feel like we'll convert.

A five yard penalty isn't a drive ender anymore.

This is what football is meant to be.
Great the & long observation. No, it doesn't matter and is not d drive killer - 5 yards and Kyle McCord thinks quickly and adjusts 3rd &7 he throws for a first for 15. FIRST DOWN!

I am happy with Fran like everyone. Not sure it is fair to act like there weren't any good moments when Dino was here. We are moving on but not sure we need to reference Dino's shortcomings after every win. Dino was a classy guy who did his best and represented the University well. Maybe it is just me. But let's turn the page! GO Orange!

Nothing better than a noonSaturday win and then sit back and root for upsets all over the place.

SoMebody add tbe Seinfeld popcorn Gif.
I keep telling people like Steve and others who have lived through the 1st 2 great Syracuse Football times. I firmly believe Fran is the coach of the third, and it's wonderful to be around again.
Sure there will be bumps along the way.
But it's great to envision the good times again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom