Man, Nassib sucks | Syracusefan.com

Man, Nassib sucks

GoSU96

Living Legend
as we all know, Marrone is just playing out the string waiting to get a real quarterback in next year.

Even though he and the receivers missed on a bunch of plays by inches, that was still a heck of a performance for the second straight week.

Maybe it wasn't that NWestern was awful, but that he has made more improvement and is a pretty good D-1 QB. He obviously pressed at points, but, so what, so did the Heisman candidate.

He's friggin awful. When do we start Slashton? couchburn

(I'm hoping yall can smell the sarcasm with this post)

as we all know, Marrone is just playing out the string waiting to get a real quarterback in next year.

Even though he and the receivers missed on a bunch of plays by inches, that was still a heck of a performance for the second straight week.

Maybe it wasn't that NWestern was awful, but that he has made more improvement and is a pretty good D-1 QB. He obviously pressed at points, but, so what, so did the Heisman candidate.

Good point - put me down as someone who will miss his quality of play next year while we're breaking in a new starter. For all of Ryan's faults he is a very good QB.

Cue Millhouse et al

If you espoused the opinion that Nassib was subpar, a weak link, holding the offense back, and / or a liability in any respect--it is time to eat crow and admit you were wrong.

Period.

Good point - put me down as someone who will miss his quality of play next year while we're breaking in a new starter. For all of Ryan's faults he is a very good QB.

Cue Millhouse et al
Nassib was ok.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Wow. Just admit you were 100%, flat out wrong and be done with it.

"He was ok" reeks of Butch Davis after we smoked them in '99.
I bring out the dumbest in people. You really just brought up a 66 13 win?

I bring out the dumbest in people. You really just brought up a 66 13 win?

I brought up Butch Davis's asinine reaction to said 66-13 drubbing--which was essentially the same as your dumb response about Nassib in this thread.

Quit being so gutless and admit that you were unequivocally, tragically, 100% wrong in your assessment of Nassib.

I brought up Butch Davis's asinine reaction to said 66-13 drubbing--which was essentially the same as your dumb response about Nassib in this thread.

Quit being so gutless and admit that you were unequivocally, tragically, 100% wrong in your assessment of Nassib.
Its just like that. Except for the interceptions and the 70 point diff

Its just like that. Except for the interceptions and the 70 point diff

Millhouse brings a lot of intelligent commentary to the football board, and has espoused many innovative ideas [especially on offense] long before a lot of people began to argue for many of the same concepts.

But your track record across 15+ years on many previous incarnations of the board demonstrates that you suck when it comes to player assessment. That's true for both the football board and the hoops board.

I'm glad that you picked Nassib to be your latest goat to keep your track record intact--because it virtually ensures that is going to have a stud year and will lead us to a lot of wins this year.

Nassib set the school record for completions during the game today, passing Graves.

Millhouse brings a lot of intelligent commentary to the football board, with innovative ideas [especially on offense] long before a lot of people began to argue for many of the same concepts.

But your track record across 15+ years of seeing yours posts on many previous incarnations of the board demonstrates that you suck when it comes to player assessment. That's true for both the football board and the hoops board.

I'm glad that you picked Nassib to be your latest goat to keep your track record intact--because it virtually ensures that is going to have a stud year and will lead us to a lot of wins this year.
I said he was ok. Goats arent ok. You said that me saying he was ok in a game with two passing tds and two picks in a game they lost quite handily is the same as a losing coach saying the other teams qb was ok in a fiftythree point rout

Dumb.

I don't know what you think ok means.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I said he was ok. Goats arent ok. You said that me saying he was ok in a game with two passing tds and two picks in a game they lost quite handily is the same as a losing coach saying the other teams qb was ok in a fiftythree point rout

Dumb.

I don't know what you think ok means.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I think "ok" expresses sour grapes on your part, given the hardline stance you've taken about how Nassib is subpar. He's been a lot better than "ok." He was a lot better than "ok" against the #2 team in the country, with assloads of top notch defensive talent, today.

Given his play thus far, what's dumb is your congenital incapability of admitting that you are probably wrong about him. That's ok--you'll either come around or have an assload of egg on your face when he continues to excel.

As for the Butch Davis comment comparison--that's all it was--what exactly is it that you're not grasping? What you had to say about Nassib above is very similar to the sour grapes Davis espoused after we beat them. Didn't say that that the game circumstances were identical--only the dopey post-game commentary.

Nassib is certainly competent, top 40 caliber, but let's not go overboard.

If Nassib had Woods and Lee to throw to tonight, we win... zero question. Nassib was zipping money balls that were dropped by his receivers. He had a great game.

I think the point is that exactly that he is competent -- that's a fact many, most notably Millhouse I suppose, were unwilling to grant. I believe there were many here saying he was holding the offense back which, regardless of how good you think he's been, wasn't the case.

The only people who need to eat crow are those that said he would "never" be any good. Why do people say that? HCDM will never be able to lead a team to where we want to go. Nassib will never be any good. Usually these people come to these conclusions after one game. Sometimes after only a few plays. I wish I was able to categorically discern the future that easily. I'd make a killing in the stock market.

The only people who need to eat crow are those that said he would "never" be any good. Why do people say that? HCDM will never be able to lead a team to where we want to go. Nassib will never be any good. Usually these people come to these conclusions after one game. Sometimes after only a few plays. I wish I was able to categorically discern the future that easily. I'd make a killing in the stock market.

well, if you were buying now, you'd be doing so at groupon-like prices.

...and obviously, you haven't a clue. Too 40, too funny. The kid will be playing on Sundays.

as was pointed out by the commentators, he needs to lose a few mph off the fastball. Would help alot in the drops/overthrows.

I'm confused. What the HELL are you guys arguing about? This is just getting silly ... oh, wait, its a SU board. :crazy:

I don't like it, be positive man, things are happening and they are for the better. This year's team looks like so much better and I am excited for this program to be heading in the right direction.

I don't get the pissing match, especially when I'm pretty sure that none of you can predict the future accurately. Opinions are just that, let people express them and live with it.

Geeesh ... :confused:

Top 40? Not according to the experts.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2