Man, Nassib sucks | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Man, Nassib sucks

...and obviously, you haven't a clue. Too 40, too funny. The kid will be playing on Sundays.

Who will be playing on Sundays?

44cuse

Wow. Just admit you were 100%, flat out wrong and be done with it.

"He was ok" reeks of Butch Davis after we smoked them in '99.

It was '98...

Nassib is certainly competent, top 40 caliber, but let's not go overboard.

Overboard was the talk last year of Nassib being the worst QB in SU history by multiple posters.

I think "ok" expresses sour grapes on your part, given the hardline stance you've taken about how Nassib is subpar. He's been a lot better than "ok." He was a lot better than "ok" against the #2 team in the country, with assloads of top notch defensive talent, today.

Given his play thus far, what's dumb is your congenital incapability of admitting that you are probably wrong about him. That's ok--you'll either come around or have an assload of egg on your face when he continues to excel.

As for the Butch Davis comment comparison--that's all it was--what exactly is it that you're not grasping? What you had to say about Nassib above is very similar to the sour grapes Davis espoused after we beat them. Didn't say that that the game circumstances were identical--only the dopey post-game commentary.
stop with the mind reading. I said he was ok because that's what i thought he was yesterday. You imply that i only thought he was ok against NW too which is unfair.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

If you espoused the opinion that Nassib was subpar, a weak link, holding the offense back, and / or a liability in any respect--it is time to eat crow and admit you were wrong.

Period.
Yeah, that'll happen.

The "Nassib's a bum" and "we need to fire Marrone" gasbags are going to continue on unabated. They are in love with their own value as all-seeing "students of the game"

I think "ok" expresses sour grapes on your part, given the hardline stance you've taken about how Nassib is subpar. He's been a lot better than "ok." He was a lot better than "ok" against the #2 team in the country, with assloads of top notch defensive talent, today.

Given his play thus far, what's dumb is your congenital incapability of admitting that you are probably wrong about him. That's ok--you'll either come around or have an assload of egg on your face when he continues to excel.

As for the Butch Davis comment comparison--that's all it was--what exactly is it that you're not grasping? What you had to say about Nassib above is very similar to the sour grapes Davis espoused after we beat them. Didn't say that that the game circumstances were identical--only the dopey post-game commentary.

Milly's a provocateur, RF. That's it. That's all he does. Expecting substance or consistency from him, let alone the intellectual integrity you're looking for here, is unrealistic. I learned this the hard way on the OTB board (he's even more worthless in politics).

If Nassib had Woods and Lee to throw to tonight, we win... zero question. Nassib was zipping money balls that were dropped by his receivers. He had a great game.
Nassib did not have a great game. Many of his passes were high orlow or behind receivers. That said he settled down and had a good game. We needed to have our best game to win and didn't.
We just got beat by a better team.

Milly's a provocateur, RF. That's it. That's all he does. Expecting substance or consistency from him, let alone the intellectual integrity you're looking for here, is unrealistic. I learned this the hard way on the OTB board (he's even more worthless in politics).
All this from saying he was ok. It's amazing what provokes you guys.

nassib had a tough day as did the recievers in the first half---so be it. they were good enough to win except for the coaching.how much can you expect from the defense--they were exceptional until they ran out gas, due to no offensive help

All this from saying he was ok. It's amazing what provokes you guys.

Well, Milly, calling people dumb and stupid isn't exactly endearing. But on the subject of Nassib ... although he was tight in the first half, when a guy on an unranked team goes 30 of 46 (65%) for 2 TD's and one pic (the other was tipped at the LOS) against #2/USC ... with a rating of 139+ ... "ok" is not the description that comes to mind. And, truth be told, you havn't exactly been a loyal supporter of a kid that will leave SU with a bunch of records.

His career passing percentage has risen steadily from 53% to 67% average this year over the 2 games. He's passed for well over 2000 yards the past 2 years, and is on pace to put up 8,000+... all this with a receiving corps that is, shall we say, not exactly in Woods-and-Lee in quality.

His TD to INT is 50-21 ... on a team that's 17-22 under HCDM. Look for yourself and you might see why "ok" might get people a little excited (aside from all the personal insults).

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/player/_/stat/passing

stop with the mind reading. I said he was ok because that's what i thought he was yesterday. You imply that i only thought he was ok against NW too which is unfair.

Millhouse, apologies for the late night hostility, which was equal parts frustration about the loss and induced by several adult beverages.

as was pointed out by the commentators, he needs to lose a few mph off the fastball. Would help alot in the drops/overthrows.

True but you can't teach a strong arm so if I have a choice I want a guy that can hit an out with some zing. Ryan was a little too pumped and maybe knowing that USC has a lot of speed he added a few mph's to those throws of his but yes, he does need to know when to snap one and when to throw a more catchable ball.

Nassib did not have a great game. Many of his passes were high orlow or behind receivers. That said he settled down and had a good game. We needed to have our best game to win and didn't.
We just got beat by a better team.

West had 2 drops in his mitts and Kobena had another drop that could've gone for 6. The drops outnumbered Nassib's miscues.

Who will be playing on Sundays?

44cuse
Maybe I shouldn't have used the word "playing" but instead stated he will be on an NFL roster next year.

...and obviously, you haven't a clue. Too 40, too funny. The kid will be playing on Sundays.

And there are probably 40 kids in college right now, some even in lower divisions, who will make an NFL roster at QB in the next 4-5 years. So playing on Sundays is not necessarily the acid test. Not only that, there are kids like Collin Klein who may never get a serious look from the NFL but are better college players.

I personally think he is a solid QB capable of having big days like against NW but not capable of beating teams like USC. In the first half he was struggling all over the place. He lacks the finesse part of the passing game. Gets happy feet way to easy for my liking. And makes some really bad decision sometimes.

IMO He is the type of QB that can lead a team like USC that is full of stars but once again IMO he does elevate the players play around him. He isn't a program changing type QB.

But I do like Ryan and I do think he is the right guy for the job this year and I have had a good time watching Ryan play QB for the Cuse. And he may be a better QB on Sunday than Saturday.

I know I will get flamed for this post but it is honestly what I see on Saturdays.

nassib had a tough day as did the recievers in the first half---so be it. they were good enough to win except for the coaching.how much can you expect from the defense--they were exceptional until they ran out gas, due to no offensive help

We get it...you'd like to see HCDM released.

Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif

Nassib was ok.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

You were wrong Millie. Own it...and im still waiting to collect on our bet from 2 years back