Manning, Roethlisberger and Rivers | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Manning, Roethlisberger and Rivers

Oh they do, of course they do.

But the alarmingly repeated mistakes but the giants crack WR Corp has been a running theme throughout his career.

And to just ignore it and look at stats from 30,000 feet is ignorant.

I could probably look at every year if his career in the yards, TDs and rating catagory and find 3 people higher than him every year, who never did it again or maybe did it 1x.

Was Brees and Ben and Rodgers and Peyton and Brady always higher? Most likely, but who cares?

He was always there.

Yeah, so if you are the 6th best QB in the NFL at your best than that's not good enough for me. That's Hall of Very Good stuff. Unfortunately Rivers might qualify for the same. If you have 0 MVPs or OPOY awards and never made any All-Pro team even once then you shouldn't be in the HOF. It is probably that simple for me.

Should be noted that Plaxico, Nicks, Smith, and Manningham all were at their best with the Giants. Coincidence?
Rueben Randle went

71 938yds 3TDs & 57 797 8 for Eli.

Then he was out of the league the following year.

No injury.

No funny stuff.

He just sucked.

The NYP had him tracked as responsible for 11 Eli INTs one year.

11!!!!

And can we add that Kevin Boss was a SB winning TE and effective player out of nowhere...until he left the Giants, and was quickly out of the league.

The Giants replaced him with Jake Ballard who magically became an effective SB winning TE...until he left the Giants, and was quickly out of the league.

Yeah, so if you are the 6th best QB in the NFL at your best than that's not good enough for me. That's Hall of Very Good stuff. Unfortunately Rivers might qualify for the same. If you have 0 MVPs or OPOY awards and never made any All-Pro team even once then you shouldn't be in the HOF. It is probably that simple for me.
Ben has never been All Pro either.

If that’s by you’re criteria, then fine.

I don’t think it’s right, but fine.

Ben has never been All Pro either.

If that’s by you’re criteria, then fine.

I don’t think it’s right, but fine.

2nd team in 2014 by PFF according to PFR lol

Should be noted that Plaxico, Nicks, Smith, and Manningham all were at their best with the Giants. Coincidence?
Plaxico had his best year with Pittsburgh in 2002.

Eli didn’t make him better.
The rest of the guys were serviceable NFL WRs which gave Eli a solid core.

And can we add that Kevin Boss was a SB winning TE and effective player out of nowhere...until he left the Giants, and was quickly out of the league.

The Giants replaced him with Jake Ballard who magically became an effective SB winning TE...until he left the Giants, and was quickly out of the league.
Ballard tore his ACL in the SB46. That ruined his career nothing more.

No team is loaded every year. As long as you have serviceable pieces that is all that can be expected.

Eli at his best in the regular season was nowhere near the top of the QB performers in ANY SEASON.
How does that make him one of the best of the best?

Because his defense played out of its mind in 2 SBs Against the Patriots?

I mean that 2011 Patriots team was the worst Patriots team to make a Super Bowl.
Their nickel CB in the game was Julian Edelman. That entire team was rode Brady on offense and Vince Wilfork on defense.

That defense was ranked 31st in the league and held Eli to 21 points in the SB.

In 2007 the Patriots offense was held to 14 points.
Justin Tuck, Osi Umenyiora Michael Stranhan, were the MVPs.

Just like the defense carried Brady to 2 of his 6 SB. The first one and the last one.
He won them the other 4.

Ballard tore his ACL in the SB46. That ruined his career nothing more.

No team is loaded every year. As long as you have serviceable pieces that is all that can be expected.

Eli at his best in the regular season was nowhere near the top of the QB performers in ANY SEASON.
How does that make him one of the best of the best?

Because his defense played out of its mind in 2 SBs Against the Patriots?

I mean that 2011 Patriots team was the worst Patriots team to make a Super Bowl.
Their nickel CB in the game was Julian Edelman. That entire team was rode Brady on offense and Vince Wilfork on defense.

That defense was ranked 31st in the league and held Eli to 21 points in the SB.

In 2007 the Patriots offense was held to 14 points.
Justin Tuck, Osi Umenyiora Michael Stranhan, were the MVPs.

Just like the defense carried Brady to 2 of his 6 SB. The first one and the last one.
He won them the other 4.
Vinitari won him the 1st 3.

To sum up here kids...

All losses...Eli’s fault, not a team game.

All wins...Eli had nothing to do with, the team dragged him along.

Ben
Eli
Rivers

The first two get in the HOF.

To sum up here kids...

Lol Vinateri won them?
You don’t know what you are talking about.
The first one Ty Law and the defense shutdown the greatest show on turf.
Just like your team did to the Patriots in SB 42.

Vinateri made a kick indoors after Brady got them in range.

The second SB. If Vinateri didn’t miss 2 FGs in the first quarter his last second kick wouldn’t have been necessary. He didn’t do chit that second SB. He was the reason Carolina hung around early.

In the third SB the Patriots were up 10 points before the guy you call soup chucker literally threw up in the huddle.
The game was won by 3 points by Vinateri did Chit. He made a chipshot 25 yard FG to give them the 10 point lead before the eagles got a late TD.

Vinateri only major contribution was to the first SB when he made an incredible kick to tie the game against the Raiders in first playoff game.

The defense won the first one.
Brady carried the team for SB 2-5.
The defense won the sixth one.

Also the QB gets credit for winning games but he by no means was why you won those SB games.
It was DL in both games that won.
21 and 17 points were the Patriots lowest amounts in a SB till they only got 13 in the last one.

It was your D.
Try and tell me Eli was the reason you won SB 42. The voters robbed Justin Tuck of that MVP.

take these 3 guys and you tell me you are down 2 TDs in the 4th.. Then tell me how many years you felt that QB was going to bring you back. I dont care who the WRs were. ELI at his peak maybe 2 yrs.. Ben Almost every yr even this yr.. Rivers probably 2/3 of his.

anyone here drafting him the last 5-7 yrs on his fantasy team if you are not a crazy Giant Homer.. And I am a Giants fan..

take these 3 guys and you tell me you are down 2 TDs in the 4th.. Then tell me how many years you felt that QB was going to bring you back. I dont care who the WRs were. ELI at his peak maybe 2 yrs.. Ben Almost every yr even this yr.. Rivers probably 2/3 of his.

anyone here drafting him the last 5-7 yrs on his fantasy team if you are not a crazy Giant Homer.. And I am a Giants fan..
I drafted him and WON.

4K and 25+ TDs every year.

$$$

To sum up here kids...

All interceptions... apparently not Eli's fault. I can't believe there was a time I actually took you seriously.

All interceptions... apparently not Eli's fault. I can't believe there was a time I actually took you seriously.
I love Kaiser. Wish he posted more.
On Eli he just turns into a cartoon character.
We all have our binky’s. He just takes the defense of Eli to the absurd.

Lol Vinateri won them?
You don’t know what you are talking about.
The first one Ty Law and the defense shutdown the greatest show on turf.
Just like your team did to the Patriots in SB 42.

Vinateri made a kick indoors after Brady got them in range.

The second SB. If Vinateri didn’t miss 2 FGs in the first quarter his last second kick wouldn’t have been necessary. He didn’t do chit that second SB. He was the reason Carolina hung around early.

In the third SB the Patriots were up 10 points before the guy you call soup chucker literally threw up in the huddle.
The game was won by 3 points by Vinateri did Chit. He made a chipshot 25 yard FG to give them the 10 point lead before the eagles got a late TD.

Vinateri only major contribution was to the first SB when he made an incredible kick to tie the game against the Raiders in first playoff game.

The defense won the first one.
Brady carried the team for SB 2-5.
The defense won the sixth one.

Also the QB gets credit for winning games but he by no means was why you won those SB games.
It was DL in both games that won.
21 and 17 points were the Patriots lowest amounts in a SB till they only got 13 in the last one.

It was your D.
Try and tell me Eli was the reason you won SB 42. The voters robbed Justin Tuck of that MVP.
Then Justin Tuck should’ve not given up the game winning TD to the pats, thus forcing Eli to go out and win the damn thing.

Who said all??

He’s had some real shlitty ones, like everyone else.

I love Kaiser. Wish he posted more.
On Eli he just turns into a cartoon character.
We all have our binky’s. He just takes the defense of Eli to the absurd.
Only because u guys take your hatred to the absurd.

Like that fake Giant fan saying Eli wasn’t clutch and the comeback kid for about 10 years.

It’s just ridiculous

If they didn't let Warren Moon and Namath in it would be a definite no, but since they did I guess it's a yes.

If he had played for teams like the Bucs or Seahawks I don't think he would get let in. I also don't think he'd get let in with a different last name.

This is very similar to baseball voting Harold Baines in. HOF's everywhere are starting to get ridiculous on who they let in.

Time to let Plunkett in.

If they didn't let Warren Moon and Namath in it would be a definite no, but since they did I guess it's a yes.

If he had played for teams like the Bucs or Seahawks I don't think he would get let in. I also don't think he'd get let in with a different last name.

This is very similar to baseball voting Harold Baines in. HOF's everywhere are starting to get ridiculous on who they let in.

Time to let Plunkett in.
Plunkett.

This stupid argument again??

Plunkett has no shot.

Zero.

He was a horrible regular season QB.

2 things puts 1 in the HOF

- stats
- rings

And stats are used to stamp credibility on rings.

Eli checks both those boxes.

Plunkett does not.

Plunkett.

This stupid argument again??

Plunkett has no shot.

Zero.

He was a horrible regular season QB.

2 things puts 1 in the HOF

- stats
- rings

And stats are used to stamp credibility on rings.

Eli checks both those boxes.

Plunkett does not.

If you adjust Plunkett's stats for era he definitely compares.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom