Mar 2 to Mar 4 - Bubble Discussion | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Mar 2 to Mar 4 - Bubble Discussion

One thing I'll say about Lunardi - he's a lazy son of a gun. He updates his brackets about three times a week. Whenever you're ready, Joe.

i think starting next week he updates daily and sometimes more than once on saturday and sunday

Nonconference strength of schedule for bubble teams on that spreadsheet

Non con strength of schedules for all bubble teams (NCSOS)

Su is 18

Only other one close is the 26 which is Washington and their numbers are terrible

34 Alabama

Temple-Tulsa really the only semi-bubble game today it looks like.

In the meantime, we could root for our computer numbers to improve with these results:

Colgate over Holy Cross 12pm

UConn over Houston 4pm

Iona over Saint Peters 7pm

Oakland over IUPUI 7:30pm

Iona was down Big came back and beat Saint peters

Also Colgate won Yukon lost and Oaklands in a dog fight

Last edited by a moderator:
I always down Big came back and beat Saint peters

Also Colgate won Yukon lost and Oaklands in a dog fight

Watching that game now. Dog fight is right.

I put together some stats to make everything easier to find in one spot. Nothing you won't find anywhere else, just easier to read and formulate IMO. I took the last 10 in and the first 8 out based on the Bracket Matrix most current update.

...2018 NCAA Bubble Stats TCW8848...

Actual link to doc

Temple-Tulsa really the only semi-bubble game today it looks like.

In the meantime, we could root for our computer numbers to improve with these results:

Colgate over Holy Cross 12pm

UConn over Houston 4pm

Iona over Saint Peters 7pm

Oakland over IUPUI 7:30pm

Well, we got 3/4. It would be great if Iona, Colgate, and Oakland win their tournaments. I could totally see Iona and Oakland, not sure about Colgate though. Bucknell looked really good today.

not that it helps all the much but cornell has a shot to win the ivy and get in

Harvard and Penn are tied at 12-2 in the Ivy league. Cornell has been eliminated. Princeton, who won the league last year, has had a disastrous year.

In the back of the minds of the committee, all of lvilles troubles could play a role.
Might be in their favor. After all, they had to play all season without their coach. :)

It is good to have that head -to-head win vs. the Cards, on their court.

I'm basically using the criteria the committee has stressed the last 2-3 seasons, only with quadrants. I'm going to have to do more research to see what really has changed, as I was under the assumption that they were going with what has worked for them recently. Like if individual RPI is actually used again.

Maybe someday the committee will be consistent with their criteria.

HA!

I agree with you. As you have acknowledged, I believe the eye test should be one element of the process and would be disappointed if they don't use it. They can deny it but we know it's a factor. It has to be. I can just imagine a committee member being asked about XYZ University. "Uh I don't know, I've never seen them play... but they have an RPI of 44." Thx pal.

Why else do they send committee members all over the country every week to watch games in person?! Duh. Some people act like it isn’t even remotely a part of the process.

Harvard and Penn are tied at 12-2 in the Ivy league. Cornell has been eliminated. Princeton, who won the league last year, has had a disastrous year.

Cornell is the 4th seed. A long shot for sure, but not eliminated.

cornell plays Harvard.. lost by 3 and in double OT this year in round 1.

I got Syracuse -Baylor and Texas-Alabama last 4.

St. Bonaventure as the last team not in First 4.
First out USC.
Chris Carlson tweeted this out from
Stewart Mandel.

DXiPM0-XcAA-6dA.jpg

We should be glad Louisville lost to NC State.
We have the same record, same amount of road neutral wins and beat them at their place.

Right now Syracuse has to be ahead of them. All the metrics favor SU h2h with UL except eye test but we beat them at their place.

Ivy’s don’t want kids missing class.
That is why it’s 4 team playoff.
Saturday semifinals.
Sunday final.

They could make it 8 on a Friday but honestly those bottom 4 are typically garbage so 4 team is fine for them.

I got Syracuse -Baylor and Texas-Alabama last 4.

St. Bonaventure as the last team not in First 4.
First out USC.
Chris Carlson tweeted this out from
Stewart Mandel.

DXiPM0-XcAA-6dA.jpg

How do I read this? Does he have us in our out?

How do I read this? Does he have us in our out?
This is from Stewart Mandel.
Mandel has USC as his last team in.
Syracuse as first out.
That is the line of demarcation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online