Mar 2 to Mar 4 - Bubble Discussion | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Mar 2 to Mar 4 - Bubble Discussion

You might want to look back at this thread and see that you called me out with the Nebraska comments. Just returning fire. Of course that upsets you and I should realize that.

Should I have not been happy that Nebraska lost. Should I be cheering for them to win. Should I not be happy
that they only have 3 Q1/Q2 wins. I am a Syracuse fan after all.

You also claimed I had a bias against Syracuse, and did not acknowledge their warts. I never disputed their current standing or fought their resume against others. I knew they needed more quality wins... which is why I have said about hundred times over the past 3 weeks that they need at least 2 quality wins. But I guess that is not ackownleding warts.

Whether I poked you or not, at least makes your pokes logical. Your two retorts have been blatantly off.

Shall we make the tally 25-3?

We want NC State to beat Louisville right?
I mean we know NC state is in.
Even though we beat Louisville on the road.

I agree. If NC St lost their next two they would possibly be subject to committee "error" rather than just "judgment".

Louisville loses the next 2 they are in trouble.

Based on this http://bball.notnothing.net/accbracket.php
If NC State wins and then Duke does, UNC would be our second round matchup, which doesn't sound good to me
We have a better chance against UNC than Duke.

Duke’s size will eat us alive.
UNC’s team doesn’t have as good shooting.
We can win a mucked up against them more likely than Duke.

We have a better chance against UNC than Duke.

Duke’s size will eat us alive.
UNC’s team doesn’t have as good shooting.
We can win a mucked up against them more likely than Duke.

Yeah but it's not Duke vs UNC. It's UNC vs Lville. (I think)

If UNC is our 2nd game we would have a chance for an actual resume builder.
It would be on a neutral floor and our guys would be playing their 2nd game not 3rd.

I want UNC in 2nd round if we want to make a statement win.

Yeah but it's not Duke vs UNC. It's UNC vs Lville. (I think)
It would be UNC or NC State depending on if UNC beats Duke and NC State beats Louisville.

Should I have not been happy that Nebraska lost. Should I be cheering for them to win. Should I not be happy
that they only have 3 Q1/Q2 wins. I am a Syracuse fan after all.

You also claimed I had a bias against Syracuse, and did not acknowledge their warts. I never disputed their current standing or fought their resume against others. I knew they needed more quality wins... which is why I have said about hundred times over the past 3 weeks that they need at least 2 quality wins. But I guess that is not ackownleding warts.

Whether I poked you or not, at least makes your pokes logical. Your two retorts have been blatantly off.

Shall we make the tally 25-3?

Of course you should be happy that Nebraska lost. But why call me out on it and then get pi**y when I return the favor?

I think you meant a bias for SU.

Here's to your 25-3 comment. I'll issue you a challenge that I'm not confident you will accept.

Let's compete on two levels: 1) see who picks the most at-large entrants to the tournament; 2) Once the NCAAT starts let's make our top five picks each day (ATS) until we get to the Sweet 16 and then we pick each game. That would be 35 games.

I'll bet you $100 straight up on #1 and I'm so confident that I will beat you in #2 I will lay you 3-2 odds on $200. I will send the money in ahead of time to your buddy, Pearl31, and he can distribute the $$$ to you in the unlikely event that you win. Sound good?

Basically we can play one of the 3 teams 2nd round.
n
NC State-Louisville winner if UNC beats Duke or UNC if Duke wins.

It would be UNC or NC State depending on if UNC beats Duke and NC State beats Louisville.

I think, if Lville wins they are the 6. If State wins, then State is the 6 if UNC wins, and UNC if Duke wins. (Which might be exactly what you said.)

I think if we win the first 2 games, we should be ok. So I'd rather just have the team we're more likely to beat

NC St and Louisville coming down to the wire 64-62

Stippers that do more than tease.

Clearly. Their resume both numeric and in name screams... 8th team out. ESPN showed a graphic saying if they lose today their tourney chances are 84 pct if they win 100 pct... Umm yeahhh

Oh crap. Duke is going to win at home. UNC is a bad match up, don't care what happened in the Dome. Only bright spot is if we play UNC and somehow win that likely gets us into the NCAAT play-in in Dayton.

I think, if Lville wins they are the 6. If State wins, then State is the 6 if UNC wins, and UNC if Duke wins. (Which might be exactly what you said.)

I think if we win the first 2 games, we should be ok. So I'd rather just have the team we're more likely to beat

Same here. Why not better our record before going for any "signature" win? Of course I'd prefer UNC over Duke.

A win over Louisville isn’t getting us in for sure.
I think a win over UNC would get us in.

I have to disagree with that. Louisville does not clearly put is in, but I suspect it puts us in the discussion of the last few in/out. So it might be enough, may not be.

EDIT - At the same time, our legs are limited. It might be better to have a lock type game (or 90%+) in the quarters.

I have to disagree with that. Louisville does not clearly put is in, but I suspect it puts us in the discussion of the last few in/out. So it might be enough, may not be.

EDIT - At the same time, our legs are limited. It might be better to have a lock type game (or 90%+) in the quarters.
If we beat UNC I think we are in.
If we beat UL it’s not a lock and still a 50/50.

That is why I want UNC 2nd our players should have enough legs in that 2nd game if we beat Wake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom