Mar 2 to Mar 4 - Bubble Discussion | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Mar 2 to Mar 4 - Bubble Discussion

I'd prefer 2 winnable games and a 50/50 shot at the Tournament with a tough 3rd game to make us a lock over UNC in Rd 2 to give us a 95% chance.
UNC is winnable. They are 22-8.
That team is beatable.

Well regardless, I'd rather find that out in the quarterfinals on Thursday as opposed to the 2nd round on Wednesday.
3rd game in 3 days will leave the team less fuel in the tank.

I think game 2 is the most important one for us assuming we beat Wake.

UNC is the best win potentially. We are due against them and they aren’t a good shooting team.

Agreed, but I'd rather play two teams I feel confident we can beat to give us a 50/50 shot before we play a team we need to be lights out against or hope they're off.
If we had a day off in between I agree.
This team will have dead legs if they are playing 3 games in 3 days.

So that is why I am saying what I am.
If we had a regular rotation I agree with the consensus. My point is we need as good a win as we can get and on day 2 that would be UNC.

It would be a perfect day if Missouri had lost to Arkansas. Missouri is a bad team that needs to be exposed. If they had lost, their RPI would have dropped to outside 50, 9-9 conference record, lost 3 out-of-conference games to bad teams and lost 4 of last 5 regular season games.

Bilas is getting weird with some of his H0T Takes lately. P5 post season tournaments shouldn't sway the committee for at-large teams...eh, ok?
I usually agree with him but not here. That would never happen anyway.

It would be a perfect day if Missouri had lost to Arkansas. Missouri is a bad team that needs to be exposed. If they had lost, their RPI would have dropped to outside 50, 9-9 conference record, lost 3 out-of-conference games to bad teams and lost 4 of last 5 regular season games.
Three of the four criteria you just listed are irrelevant.

I am late to the party so my apologies. Is everyone saying that UNC loses tonight vs. Duke they are the 6 seed and if they win NC State is the 6 seed?

Amazing that the NCAA Committee no longer takes into consideration how well (or poorly) a team is playing down the stretch. Seems that info is relevant as a win near the end of the season is much more indicative of one early when rosters are still being tested. It could be that it is unfair to the mid majors who don't have the big matchups at the end of the season but now the bug conferences are being penalized IMO

Boy Duke is really struggling lately on offense. 63 against VaTech, had 27 against SU in the 1H and now 25 in the 1H against UNC.

Amazing that the NCAA Committee no longer takes into consideration how well (or poorly) a team is playing down the stretch. Seems that info is relevant as a win near the end of the season is much more indicative of one early when rosters are still being tested. It could be that it is unfair to the mid majors who don't have the big matchups at the end of the season but now the bug conferences are being penalized IMO

96% of the process and data favours the P5 anyway.

Boy Duke is really struggling lately on offense. 63 against VaTech, had 27 against SU in the 1H and now 25 in the 1H against UNC.
Yeah, slumping at this time of the season is not ideal.

Where that approach of ignoring recent trends hurts most is in seeding. As of late I've seen Ariz. State penciled in between 8 and a 10 seed. They seem to have 8th place locked up in the P-12 and have played like sheet for several weeks, losing again at home today to Stanford. If somebody draws them in an 8/9 game they will be jumping for joy. I don't think they even deserve an invite but if they are invited a 12 seed would be most appropriate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom