Mar 2 to Mar 4 - Bubble Discussion | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Mar 2 to Mar 4 - Bubble Discussion

upload_2018-3-3_21-15-57.png

This is an interesting result. They better not mess up next weekend. (I think they would have to take on a really bad loss to not get that at large)

For the committee that is fascinated by Notre Dame's amazing 17 point win against Pitt (and close loss t0 Virginia, who sat their best player themselves for over half the game) I would like to remind them of the following.

With Bonzi Colson
1. Notre Dame lost to #112 Ball St and #121 Indiana
2. They lost to Michigan St by 18
3. They were up by 3 points with 4 minutes to play against RPI #332 Dartmouth.

Is that all eliminated by beating a Wichita St team by 1 (who was missing one of their top players)?

With Colson Notre Dame DID NOT PLAY like a tourney team. The assessment of an injured player actually has to consider what they did with the player in the lineup earlier. They were not a tourney team based on the games he played in.

For the committee that is fascinated by Notre Dame's amazing 17 point win against Pitt (and close loss t0 Virginia, who sat their best player themselves for over half the game) I would like to remind them of the following.

With Bonzi Colson

Is that all eliminated by beating a Wichita St team by 1 (who was missing one of their top players)?

With Colson Notre Dame DID NOT PLAY like a tourney team. The assessment of an injured player actually has to consider what they did with the player in the lineup earlier. They were not a tourney team based on the games he played in.
The ND talk is about to get annoying this week. They weren't all that great with him and you cant discount the 75% of the season they played without him. Injuries are part of the game and a lot of other teams, including SU, have been impacted significantly by injuries too. I hope the committee doesn't fall for it.

With Bonzi Colson

I would agree with that. That said, I think ND is a huge long shot to get in unless they get to the ACCT final. Really not a threat to SU. Unfortunately SU's loss to ND hurts particularly since they were sans Colson and Farrell.

The ND talk is about to get annoying this week. They weren't all that great with him and you cant discount the 75% of the season they played without him. Injuries are part of the game and a lot of other teams, including SU, have been impacted significantly by injuries too. I hope the committee doesn't fall for it.
Make no mistake - the committee will notice Notre Dame's very good Sagarin/KenPom/BPI ratings.

If only it were a criteria.

You mean like Sagarin/Kenpom and BPI? Criteria? I can't wait until some coach says "hey we had a better quad 1 record than they did, how come they got in?"

Being in NC State’s portion of the bracket is problematic. That looks like our draw right now. NCSU is 62 in the RPI, so beating them (assuming we get there) on a neutral floor would only give us Q2 win. IF we’d been a 12 seed, we’d draw Miami after a round 1 victory. Their RPI is 27, so that would be a Q1 victory if we were to win. Plus I think Miami is a better matchup for us. I also don’t like being on UNC’s side of the bracket. I’d rather draw Clemson in the quarterfinals. I think we’d have a better shot with them again. I guess we gotta just win some games, no matter who the opponent!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom