March madness cancelled | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

March madness cancelled

bartender just poured me a rudy goubert . burgandy with a splash of bitter feelings and a dash of hopes.

I bought an XBox about 5 months ago and bought The Golf Club 2019. First time I had played any games since 2007 (Note I had my parent buy me a PS2 back in 2003 when I was placed in SARS quarantine in Toronto to help pass the time.

Golf Club 2019 is a really good game but also frustrating -- I guess you can say realistic. The swing stick is very sensitive, and its easy to lose your swing. I went through a period where I was snap hooking my high irons and wedges -- got that under control, and now I lost it a bit again but not as bad as it was. I was hitting my drives super straight, and now I can't.. Need to use the driving range at times to get it under control ... it is certainly not an easy game like the Tiger Woods series, requires more precision. Your character also does not get stronger with experience... the improvement comes from working on your swing and learning to hit all your shots better.

The game literally has all the top courses in the world (as it has a shared design element, and people load many course recreations that are quite good)

go play real golf

Wonder how sports networks like ESPN etc will financially make it through all this?

Wonder how sports networks like ESPN etc will financially make it through all this?

Tom Brady is signing with another team next Friday…..they got stuff they will milk

Three words that get used interchangeably but do not mean the same thing are 'suspended', 'postponed' and 'cancelled'. Suspended means you are going to stop what you are doing for now. Postponed means you are going to do it later. Cancelled means you aren't going to do it at all. The first two words are compatible: you are stopping what you are doing and hope to do it later, perhaps at a specified time. Cancelled is not compatible with the other two.

I fail to see why a final decision on the NCAAT had to be made now. This pandemic might be over in 2-3 weeks. We don't know. they could have set it up for May and if it's still a bad idea then, then you cancel it. I see no reason why that could not have been done, unless venues would not have been available or the networks didn't want to televise it because they had other programming, which I seriously doubt.

What a wonderful life that would be. Just live without your passions. No more sports,theater,concerts,etc. Sounds great Captain. Thanks for the great input.
Or you could find new passions. Solo hiking. Solo bird watching. Solo...

What a wonderful life that would be. Just live without your passions. No more sports,theater,concerts,etc. Sounds great Captain. Thanks for the great input.
Overreact much?

Espn will do great. They don't have to compete with the march madness channels and people will eat up whatever coverage they put out.

I fail to see why a final decision on the NCAAT had to be made now. This pandemic might be over in 2-3 weeks. We don't know. they could have set it up for May and if it's still a bad idea then, then you cancel it.
I'm guessing the coronavirus experts have told the NCAA that they expect this pandemic will take months not weeks to get in control or the decision to cancel winter & spring sports wouldn't be made this quickly.

I wonder if all high school sports will be cancelled for the rest of this school year too.

I'm guessing the coronavirus experts have told the NCAA that they expect this pandemic will take months not weeks to get in control or the decision to cancel winter & spring sports wouldn't be made this quickly.

I wonder if all high school sports will be cancelled for the rest of this school year too.
I had the same feeling about why Emmert did this so quickly. Have a feeling he got a call from the White House team who told him shut it down.

Not just cancelling March Madness, but all spring championship sports.

I was telling somebody the other day I had the weirdest set of "Competition" events that I like to watch on TV.

#1. Basketball (Pro or College), and this year its the Toronto Raptors over college basketball.
#2. Golf
#3. Competitions on the Food Network.

I guess I will be watching much more Food network.

What about Ped St?

Made it in 1996, 2001, 2011.
And I did not know the exact years off the top of my head... had to look up, I just knew they had made it a few times.

I wonder if golf will ultimately cancel.

The one difference between the tour and the other sports is that all players are independent contractors. They all have the choice of participating or not participating in any events, while people on teams don't have that similar choice.

The other big "sports entertainment" that I have not heard about is WWE and AEW.
I can see them still keeping weekly TV shows, without fans and cancelling house shows. But they can inherently quarantine a little better since wrestlers only battle 3 or 4 each people each week on TV.

Have to think Wrestlemania is dead at this point, especially since it is an event that gets so many people from out of town.

Three words that get used interchangeably but do not mean the same thing are 'suspended', 'postponed' and 'cancelled'. Suspended means you are going to stop what you are doing for now. Postponed means you are going to do it later. Cancelled means you aren't going to do it at all. The first two words are compatible: you are stopping what you are doing and hope to do it later, perhaps at a specified time. Cancelled is not compatible with the other two.

I fail to see why a final decision on the NCAAT had to be made now. This pandemic might be over in 2-3 weeks. We don't know. they could have set it up for May and if it's still a bad idea then, then you cancel it. I see no reason why that could not have been done, unless venues would not have been available or the networks didn't want to televise it because they had other programming, which I seriously doubt.

I agree with your post generally. Why not annouce you are suspending play, and will re-assess all events as time passes.

The only reason I think they may have went with the full cancellation is it will resist the urge for some of the teams to get together for practice reasons.

One benefit I guess for the kids. Could be the 1st time many of these college athletes could have ever gone on a spring break.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom