March madness cancelled | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

March madness cancelled

I'm guessing the coronavirus experts have told the NCAA that they expect this pandemic will take months not weeks to get in control or the decision to cancel winter & spring sports wouldn't be made this quickly.

I wonder if all high school sports will be cancelled for the rest of this school year too.
No one knows how long this will last & the uncertainty is what forced this decision. As long as that uncertainty exists decisions will be made that err on the side of caution I imagine.

I grew up on that stuff. Was it saturday afternoons at 3:30-5. Let's not forget arm wrestling from Petaluna, California and Evel Knievel from Las Vegas.
Log Rolling!
Firemen competition!

Three words that get used interchangeably but do not mean the same thing are 'suspended', 'postponed' and 'cancelled'. Suspended means you are going to stop what you are doing for now. Postponed means you are going to do it later. Cancelled means you aren't going to do it at all. The first two words are compatible: you are stopping what you are doing and hope to do it later, perhaps at a specified time. Cancelled is not compatible with the other two.

I fail to see why a final decision on the NCAAT had to be made now. This pandemic might be over in 2-3 weeks. We don't know. they could have set it up for May and if it's still a bad idea then, then you cancel it. I see no reason why that could not have been done, unless venues would not have been available or the networks didn't want to televise it because they had other programming, which I seriously doubt.

ESPN has the explanation in this article. It's the second question.

No joke i have ordered an NES classic, SNES clasic, and a PS4 this afternoon.

I haven’t played video games in 5 years.
Who is playing Super Mario RPG for the first in a decade?
This guy.

71E4D47C-1D33-414E-865C-EFA408A2E5AF.jpeg

What is it with Florida schools and "claiming" national championships? :rolleyes:

I'm going with inferiority complex.

Well, that, and stupidity.

What is it with Florida schools and "claiming" national championships? :rolleyes:

I'm going with inferiority complex.

Well, that, and stupidity.

Don't gripe- we want to do the same thing in lacrosse!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom