March Madness (SU vs Duke about to be orphaned) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

March Madness (SU vs Duke about to be orphaned)

Will they still be able to televise if the game is moved? Why did they not plan for something like this?

I wonder if the game will switch to Durham with Duke coming up here for consecutive seasons to get it back on track. Reason why we've had Hopkins consecutively in Dome.

I wonder if the game will switch to Durham with Duke coming up here for consecutive seasons to get it back on track. Reason why we've had Hopkins consecutively in Dome.

Yeah I questioned this on someones post on Twitter last night. I don't know obviously, but if this was a possibility like a couple of years ago I wonder if they attempted to do what they did with Hopkins?

Doubt it. The ACC won't want Duke to get 3 conference home games (while ND, UVa, and UNC only have 2).

Couldn't they just shoot around at the Melo Center? I am sure there is some obscure thing where they have to "shoot" around at the same facility there going to be playing at but maybe the NCAA can throw us a freeking bone for once.
I'd think they would want to practice in the actual arena where the tournament is.
Practice is overrated.
It's more about the sightlines, depth perception, and stuff like that than having a regular practice. IIRC there's an NCAA rule that the venue has to be ready for the teams at least 24 hours, if not more, before the games.

Will they still be able to televise if the game is moved? Why did they not plan for something like this?
They should if they have enough notice. ND moved its game vs. the Twerps to its tiny IPF and was able to televise it.

Cuse AD gotta get his head out of backside. Doubt this suddenly got sprung on him.

This chips aways. Damn distracting, likely lose some focus on Rutgers who should be only thought. Lose home field advantage, our controlled environment, our locker room and likely much of fanbase. Lose some emotion attached to big ESPN game in Dome.

Maybe the AD could bring back those southern refs as well while he's messing with our program

I wish we had done something to plan ahead for this like maybe planning ahead for this

Cuse AD gotta get his head out of backside. Doubt this suddenly got sprung on him.

This chips aways. Damn distracting, likely lose some focus on Rutgers who should be only thought. Lose home field advantage, our controlled environment, our locker room and likely much of fanbase. Lose some emotion attached to big ESPN game in Dome.

Maybe the AD could bring back those southern refs as well while he's messing with our program
Bit of an overreaction, IMO. Only in the last couple weeks has this been a real possibility. The ladies could have tanked (and by tanked, I mean they could have fallen to being ranked 20-25) and it never would have been an issue. I don't see any of your second paragraph as being an issue. If they lose focus on Rutgers because of where they might play vs. Duke, there are bigger problems than the location of the Duke game. Same can be said for not having the Dome locker room. So what? They don't have their own locker room when they play on the road.

ADJW is not "messing" with the program.

Play in C'ville. The UVa men's team is at JHU on the 23rd and the women's team is hosting dook at 1 PM.

Id rather they play it at the IPF then freeking CNS. At that point we might as well play it at Coyne or the Fine Lot.

It wouldn't be televised or be able to be attended if it's at the IPF

Play in C'ville. The UVa men's team is at JHU on the 23rd and the women's team is hosting dook at 1 PM.
Bit of an overreaction, IMO. Only in the last couple weeks has this been a real possibility. The ladies could have tanked (and by tanked, I mean they could have fallen to being ranked 20-25) and it never would have been an issue. I don't see any of your second paragraph as being an issue. If they lose focus on Rutgers because of where they might play vs. Duke, there are bigger problems than the location of the Duke game. Same can be said for not having the Dome locker room. So what? They don't have their own locker room when they play on the road.

ADJW is not "messing" with the program.

While I agree with you on this not being a factor in the Rutgers game, it seems like the AD had plenty of time to prepare for this potential scenario and have a plan in place if this happened. Especially considering how good the women's bball team has been doing all year. The fact that they could have potentially dropped to a 20-25 ranking and the problem would be solved doesn't excuse the lack of preparation for that not happening. On eyeball test alone Duke Cuse seemed to be by far the most attended lax game of the year when they last played in the dome in 2017. I think it brings more casual fans out of the woodwork due to the combination of the hyped up Duke hatred in the basketball rivalry and their status as a top team. It's a shame that something that clearly had a good chance of happening will get in the way of a repeat of that success in 2017 and slight overreactions are understandable.

The attendance against UVa was 3,868 and against Hop was 3,950.

A 5,000 seat HS stadium will do in a pinch. We don't need the Meadowlands.

The attendance against UVa was 3,868 and against Hop was 3,950.

A 5,000 seat HS stadium will do in a pinch. We don't need the Meadowlands.

How many people will not come due to the game being at CNS or some other random outdoor location instead of indoors at the dome? Seating is not the issue. Lack of people who will be willing to fill those seats is.

How many people will not come due to the game being at CNS or some other random outdoor location instead of indoors at the dome? Seating is not the issue. Lack of people who will be willing to fill those seats is.

No idea but 5K is a lot of seats for a HS bleacher/stadium - how many, if any can accommodate that many people?

We should just cancel all of next season then.

We should just cancel all of next season then.

Yeah attendance will take a hit next season. At least it will be for a legitimate reason and we will most likely have a consistent alternate location in place. This season the most popular game of the year will take a big hit and the only reason is a complete lack of planning ahead.

I think the conference and Duke’s schedule might have had something to do with it. I seriously doubt SU is unilaterally dictating a schedule