Marcus smart staying | Syracusefan.com

Marcus smart staying

goodroc

Starter
Pretty shocking projects as top 5 pick. With him and word is mcgary/ Robinson returning to school cj just moved up 3 spots. Aggh

Yeah I don't get this, it's not like he's going to increase his draft stock or get his degree.

Meh, good for the kid. He gets to enjoy college 1 more year get an education, and play in the NCAA tournament again next year. MCW is a better NBA prospect than Burke IMO. Burke is a 6' PG who shoots better than MCW, but takes a lot of shots to get his points. MCW is a better passer and has NBA size and can develop his offenive game. Burke seems to be getting a lot of love, but I don't see him being that great in the NBA because he will facing WAY better athletes and there aren't many Chris Paul sized PGs and Trey Burke is no Chris Paul. MCW may go top 5 now without Smart in the draft.

Wow crazy, I love Smart as an NBA prospect too. Figures one of the only guys that SHOULD leave early, and he doesn't.

MCW probably a lock for the top ten now.

Hard to understand Smart (top 5 pick) staying in school- Vander Blue (10% chance to make NBA roster) enters the draft

Hard to understand Smart (top 5 pick) staying in school- Vander Blue (10% chance to make NBA roster) enters the draft

Could be as simple as Smart enjoys the college experience and Blue doesn't. It's basically a guarantee that Smart loses money on this decision though.

There was a great SI article about 2 months ago about Smart and his relationship with Phil Forte. Almost like a Blind Side type thing. May have something to do with this.

Meh, good for the kid. He gets to enjoy college 1 more year get an education, and play in the NCAA tournament again next year. MCW is a better NBA prospect than Burke IMO. Burke is a 6' PG who shoots better than MCW, but takes a lot of shots to get his points. MCW is a better passer and has NBA size and can develop his offenive game. Burke seems to be getting a lot of love, but I don't see him being that great in the NBA because he will facing WAY better athletes and there aren't many Chris Paul sized PGs and Trey Burke is no Chris Paul. MCW may go top 5 now without Smart in the draft.
Education LMAO, last time I checked taking basket weaving 101 and sociology courses is anything but... College is a waste for most athletes, the ones going pro need money management classes, not art history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

with what just happened to kevin ware this is an even more shocking decision.

Why does it feel like Syracuse never gets someone to surprisingly come back, but every other school does. I feel like if there is even a chance, our kids are out the door.

So are you guys saying it's not a SMART decision by him? Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Good for him. Although, it's unlikely that he would go #1 or 2 next year and will probably cost himself a few spots in the draft and a few millions bucks now and later, he obviously made this decision because he enjoys his situation. It's refreshing that a kid didn't take the money. I really hope he has a fantastic year, stays healthy and is an example for other kids who may be on the fence.

Good for him. Although, it's unlikely that he would go #1 or 2 next year and will probably cost himself a few spots in the draft and a few millions bucks now and later, he obviously made this decision because he enjoys his situation. It's refreshing that a kid didn't take the money. I really hope he has a fantastic year, stays healthy and is an example for other kids who may be on the fence.
College life is a blast, the money will be there for him next year.

Wish MCW had shocked us the same way! It's too bad we live in an era when it's shocking when guys stay instead of the reverse. And kids like him can obtain insurance against an injury. And the likelihood of a career ending injury is very low. People always talk about the money in a case like this. Smart is going to make a lot of money - more money than he'll ever need. College is more than getting you ready for a job. And while you can go back and get an education any time, there is no experience like being in college at his age. I would not trade my college experience and memories for any amount of money. Good for him. And good for MCW for choosing the path he elected to take. Freedom of choice - gotta love it. And gotta love the position both guys are in. I wish them both well.

Why does it feel like Syracuse never gets someone to surprisingly come back, but every other school does. I feel like if there is even a chance, our kids are out the door.

Wallace, Warrick but for the most part I agree. I think a lot of it has to do with JB's laid back demeanor if he thinks your ready he'll tell you to go. I remember watching "Melo's Way" and JB basically told Melo to go to the NBA and not think about coming back. (In a good way of course)

Wow crazy, I love Smart as an NBA prospect too. Figures one of the only guys that SHOULD leave early, and he doesn't.

Me too. Reminds me of a bigger Nate Robinson. I thought he would be one to give MCW all sorts of problems in the 3-on-3 workouts. Cowboys should be tough next season.

I was surprised DC came back for his senior year, but that's the last one I can think of.

Because our staff would never screw a kid like that they'd tell them they have to go. Yikes who is advising these kids. You can win the lottery for sure but really maybe you'll win again next year . . . . . .

DC and JW were 2 who could have left as Jrs.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Could be as simple as Smart enjoys the college experience and Blue doesn't. It's basically a guarantee that Smart loses money on this decision though.

would that be the smart money?

Pretty shocking projects as top 5 pick. With him and word is mcgary/ Robinson returning to school cj just moved up 3 spots. Aggh

So CJ now goes from undrafted to the 59th pick?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom