Marek 3's | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Marek 3's

I truly believe we are a better team with Marek on the court. Doesn't matter if he is at the 3, 4 or 5...he is that "glue" guy with an extremely high basketball IQ that will make a few shots or passes to put us in a position to win. I'm thinking he has to be, at least, a 20 minute to 25 minute guy per night. I'd love to see the + / - in regards to our scoring when Marek is on the floor or the bench.

well MD is our best 3 point threat % wise.(75). just saying it changes your shot.
didn't have my sarcasm font. Remember how shaky potatoes % plummeted as his biceps got bigger?

Couldn't we just strap Marek to a table like Fred Rogers? It's time modern medicine stopped neglecting the beanpoles who suffer from hypermetabolic disorders.

What concerns me with Marek is that it doesn't appear that he's done anything to strengthen his frail body. I have a son who is preparing for D1 Lax, and is also a starting PG for his HS team. When he's not practicing either sport, he's lifting weights to strengthen & improve himself. Coaches from both sports emphasize this devotion routinely. I can't imagine that SU hasn't preached to him that he needs to be stronger. It doesn't appear that he's listening & maybe that's why he's not seeing as much playing time as last year. That being said, he certainly was on the court a ton vs OSU, albeit in foul trouble most of the time. I'm not talking about bulked out arms, chest, etc. He needs to strengthen his core. He gets tossed around like a doll at times.

I've been saying the same thing about all of our big guys.

more muscle means more weight. changes your jumpshot. muscle memory is slow to catch up on jumpers.

This isn't actually true. As long as you get some shots up regularly, and especially after lifting, it's all good.

Those were HUGE shots. Good shots. Looked real nice. Hopefully he can get stronger somehow. He bounces off of bigger guys routinely to the point of thinking he’s getting fouled but he simply can’t handle much of the normal contact.

my experiences at laker hall suggest differently. and you sink more in pools.

Those were HUGE shots. Good shots. Looked real nice. Hopefully he can get stronger somehow. He bounces off of bigger guys routinely to the point of thinking he’s getting fouled but he simply can’t handle much of the normal contact.
Although he became more of an offensive factor at the end of last season, he's still a reluctant shooter, averaging fewer than 3 shots in about 20 minutes per game so far. He needs to be more aggressive, especially when on the floor with one our centers, or we're effectively playing 3 on 5. Frank's return should translate into more opportunities for him.

What concerns me with Marek is that it doesn't appear that he's done anything to strengthen his frail body. I have a son who is preparing for D1 Lax, and is also a starting PG for his HS team. When he's not practicing either sport, he's lifting weights to strengthen & improve himself. Coaches from both sports emphasize this devotion routinely. I can't imagine that SU hasn't preached to him that he needs to be stronger. It doesn't appear that he's listening & maybe that's why he's not seeing as much playing time as last year. That being said, he certainly was on the court a has he been so ton vs OSU, albeit in foul trouble most of the time. I'm not talking about bulked out arms, chest, etc. He needs to strengthen his core. He gets tossed around like a doll at times.[/QUOTEhe rotation,
what should concern us is what is role going forward? he did very well last year until the last game, why has he been so quiet??? jb just trying o finding the rotation. marek is a big time assest with the heart to play big time college

Marek is very talented.

I think funny that people are insinuating or flat out saying that Marek and staff made no effort to have him gain weight or get stronger. The dude is obviously more ripped than he was last year. Just look at his neck and arms. Yet, he’s still super skinny for his height bc while he got more cut, he grew taller. That’s why jb joked about it. Obviously they want him to gain wieght and I’m sure he does too, but it hasn’t worked yet.

I could never put on wait. My gf would say “honey, do you think I’m fat?” And I would reply “yeh, I want you to get up every morning and go for a run and I’ll just stay here and eat donuts and try to catch up with you”

The blonde cheerleader GF is prolly an accomplice to his inability to gain weight. Shagging burns lots of calories, as does playing bball. If he isn't already, he should be on the Michael Phelps 12,000 calorie/day diet plan.

Core strength is key, kevin garnett

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom