Marek 3's | Syracusefan.com

Marek 3's

been sayin all along --he needed to shoot and be the same threat that he was half of last year. gee, i wonder what changed from the first few games???

been sayin all along --he needed to shoot and be the same threat that he was half of last year. gee, i wonder what changed from the first few games???

i recall asking why he wasnt playing more and never getting a satisfying answer

What concerns me with Marek is that it doesn't appear that he's done anything to strengthen his frail body. I have a son who is preparing for D1 Lax, and is also a starting PG for his HS team. When he's not practicing either sport, he's lifting weights to strengthen & improve himself. Coaches from both sports emphasize this devotion routinely. I can't imagine that SU hasn't preached to him that he needs to be stronger. It doesn't appear that he's listening & maybe that's why he's not seeing as much playing time as last year. That being said, he certainly was on the court a ton vs OSU, albeit in foul trouble most of the time. I'm not talking about bulked out arms, chest, etc. He needs to strengthen his core. He gets tossed around like a doll at times.

What concerns me with Marek is that it doesn't appear that he's done anything to strengthen his frail body. I have a son who is preparing for D1 Lax, and is also a starting PG for his HS team. When he's not practicing either sport, he's lifting weights to strengthen & improve himself. Coaches from both sports emphasize this devotion routinely. I can't imagine that SU hasn't preached to him that he needs to be stronger. It doesn't appear that he's listening & maybe that's why he's not seeing as much playing time as last year. That being said, he certainly was on the court a ton vs OSU, albeit in foul trouble most of the time. I'm not talking about bulked out arms, chest, etc. He needs to strengthen his core. He gets tossed around like a doll at times.
Agree totally. I was disappointed first game this year to see that he’s still a stick figure. He easily could and should have packed on some pounds and muscle this past offseason had he put in the work. Hey gets pushed around far too easily.

Get that kid a meal card.

Marek doesn't appear to have the body type / metabolism to every gain a ton of weight, at least not while he's young. But it is ridiculous that he didn't add any weight over the course of the year+ he's been in our program.

According to the preseason info, he actually grew a little but LOST a pound. I'm not suggesting that I want the kid to turn into Jameel McClain and start eating a bunch of junk food. But he also shouldn't be playing center at 185 pounds -- I can't believe that our S&C staff and nutritionists aren't pumping him with "good" calories.

Reactions: CIL
How many people can gain any real weight while they are still getting taller? How about a diet of mac and cheese with jalapenos and lava cakes for dessert? Perhaps his body is missing the ethnic food he is used to that is high in calories?

I'm sure Marek is trying to get stronger. It can be very difficult for someone with his build to put on muscle mass. It seems silly to me when people insist he just needs to get "heavier." If you put on fat weight only, then you will be slower, have less endurance, and be putting extra stress on your knees. Yes, with more weight you can absorb contact better, but this isn't football.

more muscle means more weight. changes your jumpshot. muscle memory is slow to catch up on jumpers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom