Marek Dolezaj | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Marek Dolezaj

that team was hugely disappointing.
They were young. Flynn and Greene and Scoop were all freshman, Harris was a sophomore, and Greene wasn’t interested in playing much D. That team still should have made the tourney. That disastrous meltdown against Pitt in the Dome sealed our no-NCAA tourney fate. Remember, that team lost both Devo and Rautins to ACL tears. We have even one of those guys playing all season and we’re a tourney team. Man, what I would give to have a ferocious center like Onuaku down on the block this season.

They were young. Flynn and Greene and Scoop were all freshman, Harris was a sophomore, and Greene wasn’t interested in playing much D. That team still should have made the tourney. That disastrous meltdown against Pitt in the Dome sealed our no-NCAA tourney fate. Remember, that team lost both Devo and Rautins to ACL tears. We have even one of those guys playing all season and we’re a tourney team. Man, what I would give to have a ferocious center like Onuaku down on the block this season.

And I think we had 7 guys that weren’t walkons?

We already had some disappointing losses with Devendorf, but we would’ve at least made the tourney and potentially been dangerous if he didn’t get hurt.

Great win today.
Marek plays his heart out but it is astounding how many dumb, avoidable fouls he commits. It happens game after game and he is always in foul trouble, sometimes needlessly. While I put a lot of this on the player at some point don’t the coaches have to take some responsibility for teaching this kid how to foul, not to foul and went to be particularly careful? He is so smart on offense and so dumb on defense it is really astonishing.
it is almost as if he doesn’t know how good he is and how much we need him out there.

Great win today.
Marek plays his heart out but it is astounding how many dumb, avoidable fouls he commits. It happens game after game and he is always in foul trouble, sometimes needlessly. While I put a lot of this on the player at some point don’t the coaches have to take some responsibility for teaching this kid how to foul, not to foul and went to be particularly careful? He is so smart on offense and so dumb on defense it is really astonishing.
it is almost as if he doesn’t know how good he is and how much we need him out there.
He is battling guy who have him by 50lbs he is going to be in foul trouble every game...

Great win today.
His fouls kill our team. Virginia had a run with him on the bench with 4.

His fouls kill our team. Virginia had a run with him on the bench with 4.

After listeing to JB discuss that in the presser, this song title seems to encapsulate how JB feels about Marek:

(I thought about the Cake version with the same title, but they played one Rocky theme during the game, so this seemed more appropriate)

Boeheim JOKES that he didn't really see it when Marek showed him the "I'm tired" signal, lol.

Last edited:
Man, that team was so fun to watch. Really had a swagger - like nobody could play with them. And making plays or passes on the run, sweet finishes.

Our guys seem so robotic out there now. Too afraid to make a mistake, don’t have that “We’re freaking Syracuse” swagger.

Need it back. Desperately.
Nobody besides marek has more then a season of experience playing any minutes. Once they get more experience it will turn. Also, JG3 has a bit of swagger. Dude has a lot of gamer in him especially considering he wasn’t supposed to get any minutes.

We went from getting blown out early in the season, to not closing out teams to finally a quality win. Hopefully they continue to develop.

Great win today.
I think a lot of the whistles against him are bogus.

I think a lot of the whistles against him are bogus.

Me too, but his demonstrative(confused-acting) antics after them sometimes make them seem almost worthwhile, if we keep sports at entertainment value.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom