Marek... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Marek...

Besides Carey, Marek has highest I q on court. Period. Marek has very active hands from players blind spots and that’s how he creates so many turnovers. He’s gonna pick up fouls doing this but needs to be smarter and eliminate that over the back stuff.

1.) Based on the games I've seen (about 12-14), MD's understanding of basketball as a team game exceeds that of those around him.

2.) Far too many refs in the NCAA call that foul on a situational basis - that is, just because there's contact, not because it created any disadvantage. Still, MD's got to be able to figure that out.

I think Marek has a well above average basketball iq; meanwhile,Frank seems to do things that Marek is totally not expecting him to do. So, make your own conclusions...

I wonder if that's not because JB has put the fear of God into "the other two" if they were to shoot anything other than bunnies and putbacks.
They are scared. It’s like they were sent to POW camp and have PTSD every time they touch the ball. Not sure if JB thinks this approach somehow leads to results... or if he just doesn’t know any other way.

I think Marek has a well above average basketball iq; meanwhile,Frank seems to do things that Marek is totally not expecting him to do. So, make your own conclusions...

Then I conclude Frank's skill set skews more toward the physical than the cognitive.

No crap to you, t3z, but Boeheim is a HOF coach because of what he's done in the past, and certainly not because of what he's doing now. His recent teams have been among the most offensively challenged I can remember. And I'm being kind. Further, I'll also admit I only see about 8-9 games/year.
If you only see 8-9 games a year, you have no credibility to talk on these matters. You have to watch all the games or you won’t know what the players are capable of or what the coaching staff is trying or not trying to do.

If you only see 8-9 games a year, you have no credibility to talk on these matters. You have to watch all the games or you won’t know what the players are capable of or what the coaching staff is trying or not trying to do.

Feel free to avail yourself of the "Ignore" feature.

And yet, he's just as free to post his opinion here as you are.

Frankly, I'm not sure your hypothesis is 100% true.

Average. Dont see his iq putting him in any position to score when moving without the ball, defensive positioning when it comes to rebounding and his passing is nothing you don't see from centers we play against who get the ball at the free throw line.

Disagree completely on the passing. He is an elite passer.

I think Sidibe has the most potential of our bigs. He needs to play through his mistakes. He had a big block and charge late in the game. He’s also the best rebounder of the three. He just needs to feel comfortable on the court. He was all around the ball the last three minutes of the game.

Come on, that's ridiculous. He follows the team, reads the board and knows the game. It's not like he emerges from a deep sleep 10 times a year to watch some SU games and is oblivious to everything else about the program.

Okay, here's what it is with me. I grew up in CNY and have been an SU fan for over 50 years. I know a little about basketball, having played and reffed at the college level, and coached at my HS. So between seeing 8-9 games and reading the posts of friends and many others here whom I've learned also know something, also asking questions, I get to follow my favorite college team. For you see, not many of the games are televised where I live, and ESPN is not available. I'm sorry if that doesn't measure up to an acceptable level on your scale. Please forgive me for using the internet and this forum to hang on to something I grew up with.

Have a great weekend. :)

Disagree completely on the passing. He is an elite passer.

If he was an elite passer I have a feeling out offense would be looking quite a bit different.

Lol do you truly believe anything about your statement?

Lol not really but if I were picking a team and my choices were the SU roster Id go Carey, Hughes, Marek...

Lol not really but if I were picking a team and my choices were the SU roster Id go Carey, Hughes, Marek...
Well then you would not have a very good team. Not picking battle would be insane

Concern w Marek is he doesn't get the Lydon treatment. Don't blame Tyler one bit for bolting after JB put him at center.

Our center position gave us a total of 2 points. It so normal that no one cares. Next year will be worse.

If he was an elite passer I have a feeling out offense would be looking quite a bit different.

Not really - he can’t do much damage with his passing down low because he has no post game. They don’t guard him like he’s AO. No doubles - no sucking in off man defenders because he isn’t a threat to use a back to the basket game. There is no fear of his offensive game.

But when his teammates are in motion - he will find them - often throwing them open.

Remember - the initial post was about his IQ. He knows the game. I’m not saying plays perfectly - he doesn’t have the strength or skills to do so.

Concern w Marek is he doesn't get the Lydon treatment. Don't blame Tyler one bit for bolting after JB put him at center.
Lydon "bolted" for an NBA career. Marek would be bolting himself into basketball oblivion, unless there is an "under 185 pounds" professional basketball league somewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom