Marinatto out as BE commish | Syracusefan.com

Marinatto out as BE commish

Definition of too little to late. The job was too big for the job. (I hope his decision was job and not health related )

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

He's opening his own diner named "The Big Quiche" in Providence next week

Hope SU has the signed/notarized documents in the safe that say we get out next year.

I wonder who the candidates are to replace him. I can't imagine them asking him to step down without a quick succession plan in place with how quickly the landscape is changing in college sports right now.

I wonder who the candidates are to replace him. I can't imagine them asking him to step down without a quick succession plan in place with how quickly the landscape is changing in college sports right now.

They are going in a different direction. They know they need more football focus and they won't be tapping another Providence crony...

They are looking for enthusiasm and big ideas...

The leading candidate currently is a gentleman from Pisacataway, NJ by the name of RutgersAl.

This is ND's hostile takeover of the conference. Book it. No one else in the leftovers has enough clout to push the Providence Mafia out. I would be worried if I were the BBall Onlies. Football could soon be driving the bus. Imagine having a handful of football schools, some looking to get out of the conference, some barely in, steering you into the unknown future?

So glad we got the F out of dodge.

They are going in a different direction. They know they need more football focus and they won't be tapping another Providence crony...

They are looking for enthusiasm and big ideas...

The leading candidate currently is a gentleman from Pisacataway, NJ by the name of RutgersAl.

"They" may know they need more of a football focus, but that doesn't mean "they" have to like it. I smell a break-up of the BE coming -- or at least the threat of one. I can't see schools like Seton Hall, Providence, Georgetown, DePaul and Marquette being told they are suddenly second class citizens and they better learn to like it that way. Should be an interesting couple of months. I hope the hell we can get out of this mess next year, although I don't necessarily think Marinatto's leaving enhances that prospect.

with butler moving to the a10 and confusa getting a little stronger, i wouldnt be surprised if the hoop onlies are behind this and they are taking full control of the league and its name.

ie:they woke up 1 morning and said, 'holy fluck!! smu, ucf, houston, boise, sdst and navy??!! shlit. YOURE OUT and we will be making changes.'

its over johnny, you can go home now.

Oh Lord

According to one article, this resignation was pushed by the basketball only schools. Talk about irony.

This is ND's hostile takeover of the conference. Book it. No one else in the leftovers has enough clout to push the Providence Mafia out. I would be worried if I were the BBall Onlies. Football could soon be driving the bus. Imagine having a handful of football schools, some looking to get out of the conference,
some barely in, steering you into the unknown future?

If ND is plotting a coup, they must be planning on hanging around the BE for a long time.

This is ND's hostile takeover of the conference. Book it. No one else in the leftovers has enough clout to push the Providence Mafia out. I would be worried if I were the BBall Onlies. Football could soon be driving the bus. Imagine having a handful of football schools, some looking to get out of the conference, some barely in, steering you into the unknown future?

no way pete, the hoop onlies have to make a move to make them stronger, SU and pitt just left. storz is about to fall off a cliff and they just added crap.

theyre blowing this thing up.

i can see them making a move at some a10 schools.

Brett McMurphy@McMurphyCBS
Big East hires Boston Consulting Group to review its "organizational design & structure"

I hope Swofford is wining and dining the folks at ND right now smoking a cigar and laughing about what a joke of a conference the BE is.

Follow that up with a PSU defection and let's call it a day.

Wait, why would he resign? The league is SO much better with teams like UCF, Houston and Memphis in the league over SU, WVU and Pitt, right? This conference was going to drive the football playoff discussion! SU and the other departing members are idiotic for their moves out of the league. This guy was the savior, right? ;)

In a related story, Greg Schiano recently explained he is no longer in the running for the newly-created opening in Providence.

:rolling:

The Big East is flucked, sounds like some serious infighting. Marinatto wanted to vote in the new tv deal. lost 12-4. Do we know the 4 who voted for the tv package in the big east. We know SU was one.

And this conference isn't a cluster?

Ironically, you may have gotten this right, except its not RutgersAl.
It would be interesting to see what would happen if the BE hired the RU AD and the first thing that happened once he took the reins for the conference were announcements from RU and UConn that they were leaving. Which is a possibility...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom