Mark Richt | Syracusefan.com

Mark Richt

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
His ass must be feeling warm

Would not surprise me to see him canned

Losing with his backup qb? No way. There's no option better.

He reminds me a little of John Cooper. Wins lots of games, can't beat the big boys because he tightens his control on the team. Who can you bring in that would do a better job? Strong, Dantonio, Cutcliffe, and the guy from Vnady? All of whom are on everyone's short list and who have nice situations where they are currently at.

Georgia fans are not logical

But they are tired of his 'underachieving'
You called it, he has underachieved. He should have been dominating the eastern division of the SEC lately with his team's talent and should have beat Florida a few times back when Florida was a winner. I remember living in Jax and the Georgia fans loved this guy, he could do no wrong (except lose to Florida). It's amazing things change due to how people measure success. If this was UConn, or Temple, they would love to have Richt just because he is a perpetual winner.

Georgia fans are not logical

But they are tired of his 'underachieving'
I live in atl so I get it. Still doesn't make sense to shake up another top recruiting class when there's nobody clear to step in...though Franklin would be interesting.

Nobody could win in the SEC East with injuries he had this year. I think he actually did a great job given the circumstances.

Should've beaten Auburn except for one of the most ridiculous plays ever and was 2 crucial dropped passes by the tight end away from beating Nebraska today.

He has a very good record and a couple time a decade he has a national title contender. Who can they get who would do better?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Richt

Nobody, but that won't stop them. He "interviewed" at UVa before taking the Georgia job. Supposedly, when he was asked about how important were graduation rates to him he told the then-president that "My job is to win football games, your job is to make sure the players graduate." That really didn't go over too well.

The odds are very strong that London will be fired at the end of next year when his buyout is more reasonable. Our schedule is such that he won't be able to win enough games to keep his job. If UGa is stupid enough to fire Richt, a lot of us will hope he will consider us again, this time giving the right answer to the graduation rate question.

His ass must be feeling warm

Would not surprise me to see him canned
How he has stayed employed for as long as he has is confusing to me. This guy gets elite talent every year and always finds a way to come up short. I am stunned Georgia has stuck with him so long.

And this has nothing to do with today's loss

How he has stayed employed for as long as he has is confusing to me. This guy gets elite talent every year and always finds a way to come up short. I am stunned Georgia has stuck with him so long.

And this has nothing to do with today's loss
He's still the one getting that elite talent. It's not like he's inheriting 5 star recruits, he goes out and gets them.

He's good enough to where you better have a clear, no miss HC to bring in if you're willing to sacrifice top recruiting classes and a chance to win the toughest division is CFB every year. They may come up short but he still always gives them that realistic hope.

He's still the one getting that elite talent. It's not like he's inheriting 5 star recruits, he goes out and gets them.

He's good enough to where you better have a clear, no miss HC to bring in if you're willing to sacrifice top recruiting classes and a chance to win the toughest division is CFB every year. They may come up short but he still always gives them that realistic hope.

And last season he was one play away from an SEC title and possibly the national championship game but lets just throw that out the window.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom