Marquette/Georgetown | Syracusefan.com

Marquette/Georgetown

Obie9

Co-Winner 2017 2nd Chance Challenge
Who are you routing for tonight?

Georgetown sucks, but Marquette has a fairly easy schedule the rest of the way. May benefit Syracuse if Georgetown is not so sucky tonight. They can resume their suckiness tomorrow.

rooting for the hoyas. gotta put our hatred of them aside since a marquette loss helps us more.

It is hard to root for a team I hate but since I hate both teams I'm going to be happy know matter who loses!;)

Since we control our own destiny I honestly don't care who wins. Georgetown lost @USF somehow and even though Marquette has an easy schedule if we take care of business in 2 weeks in Milwaukee we should be fine. I just want a 2-0 week this week.

This is like choosing between the creepy guy down the block and the devil himself.
There's no issue.
C'mon Warriors!

The next best thing to a Syracuse win is always a G-town loss.
Any time, anywhere against any opponent.

GO ORANGE!

What is all the venom toward Georgetown all about? Have friends that have gone there. Classy school and over the years a great basketball program. When they are in the ncaa tournament I always root for them, as I will be tonight.

Scylla and Charybdis.

But (purely for SU's purposes in the BEC), I'm rooting for the Hoya girls. Maybe they'll benefit from the stacked crowd that they rig at the Verizon when we play there.

What is all the venom toward Georgetown all about? Have friends that have gone there. Classy school and over the years a great basketball program. When they are in the ncaa tournament I always root for them, as I will be tonight.
The grad students are fine - they enjoy the rivalry and are generally good sports (and pretty good raconteurs). But the undergraduates are arrogant bytches, and the AD (lee reed) is so paranoid about SU dominance (fans and team) that he resorts to petty stunts [e.g., refusing to sell single-game, GA tickets at the Verizon] for the admitted purpose of excluding SU fans. Pretty pathetic.

Most of the other reasons for my (general) hatred of the Hoyas go back 20+ years and are well known by the veterans on this board (can you say, "G-R-A-H-A-M" or "B-R-O-D-N-A-X"?).

You must be young and unfortunately for you, you may not be permitted to live much longer.

I take it you are under 25?

rooting for the hoyas. gotta put our hatred of them aside since a marquette loss helps us more.

There is nowhere in the world large enough for me to put my hatred for them aside to.

I put my faith in us winning enough games to render Marquette's record irrelevant. My money says they lose more than we do from here on out.

Stay classy and keep hating G'Town, my friends.

:confused:

Since we control our own destiny I honestly don't care who wins. Georgetown lost @USF somehow and even though Marquette has an easy schedule if we take care of business in 2 weeks in Milwaukee we should be fine. I just want a 2-0 week this week.
Easier said then done. We still have to play @ , @Marquette, @Georgetown, and home against Louisville and Georgetown. After tonight Marquette plays Pitt, SU, and ND at home and @ Villanova, along with a few conference bottom dwellers. Their schedule is much easier.

Just root against Marquette. Always root against the team that is the bigger threat to us in the standings. You don't have to root for Georgetown. Just root against Marquette.

Admins please ban this poster for posting a vulgar message that also demeans most posters on this board. (n)

F Georgetown. Wow. (n)

marquette won the first game (49-48 :eek:) @ marquette.
somehow, g'town has actually become serviceable offensively since that first meeting, though. I expect hoyas to win a close one tonight. and I think marquette then loses on saturday to pitt as well.

Im rooting for a DEA raid and all players and coaches leaving in cuffs... short of that Georgetown, first and foremost!

s

Very sad. A new generation without antipathy towards the Hoya. It's not too late to learn! Watch the old games- you'll learn. Thuggery and obnoxiousness were Hoya staples