Marrone and Rahme are just plain wrong | Syracusefan.com

Marrone and Rahme are just plain wrong

Millhouse

Living Legend
Rahme:
When it possesses the proper elements – a quarterback who can run, lots of speed and game-breaking potential at receiver and lighter, more athletic linemen capable of zone blocking – and is run properly the spread can be explosive.
Marrone:
The one point about that offense is if you don’t have the exact formula of the quarterback who can potentially run, the players on the outside who can win and a line that understands that kind of blocking then it becomes very difficult

2096672_o.gif

Aye yi yi

The Air Raid doesn't need a running QB *at all*. I can't believe both of these guys think it does.

http://blog.syracuse.com/orangefootball/2011/10/syracuse_university_football_c_34.html

Clown show... Yeah Geno Smith is tearing it up running the ball this year as were all of Leach's QB's at T Tech.. These guys have the excuses built right in... They are so far in the box they have buried themselves in it...

You don't need to be multiple if you utilize the field and more than one running back and two WR's

Clown show... Yeah Geno Smith is tearing it up running the ball this year as were all of Leach's WB's at T Tech.. These guys have the excuses built right in... They are so far in the box they have buried themselves in it...
lorenzen is a member of the 10,000/10,000 club. 10,000 yards, 10,000 pounds

lorenzen is a member of the 10,000/10,000 club. 10,000 yards, 10,000 pounds
The fact that he is quoting that defense will win football games is mind boggling, he needs to stop with the Woody Hayes Bo Schembeckler nonsense. If you are Bama or LSU sure you can get away with it, that said 95% of college teams in America are out trying to win with offense, yet are coach still thinks he is in the NFL... If he has put all are athletes on defense, why does that stink now too. It's a load of crap

A couple of quotes from the article that have me scratching my head:

"Instead, he has turned to an offense similar to the one he directed as co-offensive coordinator for the New Orleans Saints."

Maybe it's just me, but I fail to see the similarities. Also, now he's being referred to as the co-offensive coordinator of the Saints? Hmm.

“You’re going to evaluate systems, but at the end of the day you’re going to evaluate what are my wins, what are my losses? What is my margin of error?”

Is this really a case for what we're doing? We have pretty much zero margin for error.

The fact that he is quoting that defense will win football games is mind boggling, he needs to stop with the Woody Hayes Bo Schembeckler nonsense. If you are Bama or LSU sure you can get away with it, that said 95% of college teams in America are out trying to win with offense, yet are coach still thinks he is in the NFL... If he has put all are athletes on defense, why does that stink now too. It's a load of crap
The thing that really worries me about that mentality is that when everyone else excels at offense it would seem that would make it harder at being strong on defense than it is to begin with.

That article implies that Marrone is spending time this week pondering how to stop Geno Smith and his -2 yards rushing per game

A couple of quotes from the article that have me scratching my head:

"Instead, he has turned to an offense similar to the one he directed as co-offensive coordinator for the New Orleans Saints."

Maybe it's just me, but I fail to see the similarities. Also, now he's being referred to as the co-offensive coordinator of the Saints? Hmm.

“You’re going to evaluate systems, but at the end of the day you’re going to evaluate what are my wins, what are my losses? What is my margin of error?”

Is this really a case for what we're doing? We have pretty much zero margin for error.

He is starting to remind me more and more of Coach P... scary. I guess his O will be ready to produce in 2018 when he has time to implement it.. What

That article implies that Marrone is spending time this week pondering how to stop Geno Smith and his -2 yards rushing per game

Agree, group think BS, load of crap. The spread that Holgorsen runs which is obvioulsy mostly Leach's system has nothing to do with a running AB, it actually is the complete opposite, it's unreal

I guess his O will be ready to produce in 2018 when he has time to implement it.. What
Yeah, I'm having a hard time seeing things get better before they get worse. I'm curious who the guys are on defense that could be helping the offense - I'm not sure I see them. As much as Nassib, Chew, Provo, Lemon, Bailey aren't surefire NFL guys, they can play a little bit. The depth looks pretty shallow behind them. Do we even have players capable of being as good as those guys? Throw in the questions I have about the choice of system, and I have next to no confidence in Marrone's vision for the offense.

A little while back I predicted that next season the offense will be better (for us at least) behind a senior QB, but I think the offense in 2013 is going to be just awful.

Agree, group think BS, load of crap. The spread that Holgorsen runs which is obvioulsy mostly Leach's system has nothing to do with a running AB, it actually is the complete opposite, it's unreal

Agree. I have zero worry of Smith taking off and running. He is athletic but he is as little a threat to run as Nassib is. I honestly believe that our staff is worried about Smith running.

He is starting to remind me more and more of Coach P... scary. I guess his O will be ready to produce in 2018 when he has time to implement it.. What
holgorson installs his offense in 3 days, marrone 3 decades.

Holgorson also inherited a team with legit talent. In fairness to marrone, and I also have my doubts, he inherited a o-line that was 1AA level. We have little to no speed to spread the field.

He is not convinced that the spread is an equalizing element for an otherwise inferior team.

Hawaii, SMU, Houston, Texas Tech

all powerhouses that weren't otherwise inferior.

Agree. I have zero worry of Smith taking off and running. He is athletic but he is as little a threat to run as Nassib is. I honestly believe that our staff is worried about Smith running.

That scares the out of me if that is what they are worried about.. WOW

Strange part about Marrone's quote is that he does have a QB who can potentially run, but won't let him. No one is going to confuse him with Pat White, but no one is going to confuse him with Cam Dantley either. This is the same guy they brought in to games to run the option in 2009.

Holgorson also inherited a team with legit talent. In fairness to marrone, and I also have my doubts, he inherited a o-line that was 1AA level. We have little to no speed to spread the field.
WVU weren't exactly world beaters on offense last year, 67th in total offense.

it's been a while since Marrone inherited anything. it's his 3rd year

Excuse #1...the talent excuse and it can't operate in the spread. So Leach's receivers at T Tech his first 5 years had superior talent that Texas and Oklahoma's defense. It's coaching, its system, its reps and drilling things into kids heads. 4.7 kids start to llok a lot like 4.4 kids when the systems actually works. I read here that this was the year we finally had depth at WR, we had the guys, etc

Again, that may work year 1, this is year 3, no longer a legit excuse not that is ever really is. I mean J Jones was just loaded with talent at SMU when he took over!!

Strange part about Marrone's quote is that he does have a QB who can potentially run, but won't let him. No one is going to confuse him with Pat White, but no one is going to confuse him with Cam Dantley either. This is the same guy they brought in to games to run the option in 2009.
but if he gets hurt, we'll have to play kinder, who can, um, run.

there's not a single thing that marrone said in that article that makes any sense

LOL, another case in point where his system has ZERO identity so therfore it will never work

Millhouse: A master at taking words out of context and making "implications" that don't exist. And the rest of us are meatheads. Some things never change. The article implies Marrone is worried about Smith's running ability only in your narrow world. I talked to him for quite a while, and that concern never arose. And never mind that R-R0d himself told me a QB with the ability to run was an essential part his zone-read option spread offense. I think the story said Smith was throwing the ball 45 times a game, but of course by omitting that you are able to make your case in your typical fashion. Now carry on with the attacks. It is what you do and have done best for more than a decade now.

LOL, another case in point where his system has ZERO identity so therfore it will never work
Multiple = zero identity.

You know, yeah, I think that's right actually.

We must be multiple, what that is nobody knows, by multiple he means 245 yards of offense with bullet passes on 4 yard slants over the middle and TE passes in the falt where a VW bus could turn the corner quicker, then we establish that run Bailey into the O Line's ass for 2-3 plays!!! Yeah we win!!!!
An offense that relies on precision passing and 45 first downs on each drive to score only to stall out in the red zone, settle for a feild goals as WVO comes back and score in :45 seconds.. That will work.

Don't worry, its the talent!! just another 5-6 years of this horsehit and we should be average on offense!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom