Marrone/Anselm Absolutely Friggin Correct (NYC) | Syracusefan.com

Marrone/Anselm Absolutely Friggin Correct (NYC)

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Our NYC recruits are key right now. Sure NYC kids might not be as polished but Coach Marrone/Anselmo found a few nuggets down there. When I was down at MetLife...watching the pregame player introduction video highlighted all the guys from the City playing for NY's College Team...it was quite a rush seeing all those City kids playing for Cuse in the NYC area. Cuse's next step is to take their share of the consensus 4 and 5 star national recruits that emerge from NYC...are you listening EO? Additionally, just about every friggin recruit from NJ/LI are solid producers and some are All Big East. These guys are considered trash recruits by the morons on the Rutgers Rivals and Scout Boards.

Our NYC recruits are key right now. Sure NYC kids might not be as polished but Coach Marrone/Anselmo found a few nuggets down there. When I was down at MetLife...watching the pregame player introduction video highlighted all the guys from the City playing for NY's College Team. Cuse's next step is to take their share of the consensus 4 and 5 star natioanl recruits...are you listening EO? Additionally, just about every friggin recruit from NJ/LI are solid producers and some are All Big East. These guys are considered trash recruits by the morons on the Rutgers R!vals and Scout Boards.

I like the enthusiasm, Mark. And I, too, think it might be a better strategy than a lot of people originally gave Marrone credit for.

We've won some key battles for metro area talent -- Morgan, Gus Edwards, Reddish, Cornelius, -- all of whom were in the three star range. What we haven't managed to do yet is take the next step and land any 4/5 star caliber recruits from in-state, i.e., the Easleys, Jarron Jones, Ishaqs. We have a chance to break that streak with AO--need to break through to truly take the next step.

I like the enthusiasm, Mark. And I, too, think it might be a better strategy than a lot of people originally gave Marrone credit for.

We've won some key battles for metro area talent -- Morgan, Gus Edwards, Reddish, Cornelius, -- all of whom were in the three star range. What we haven't managed to do yet is take the next step and land any 4/5 star caliber recruits from in-state, i.e., the Easleys, Jarron Jones, Ishaqs. We have a chance to break that streak with AO--need to break through to truly take the next step.

Jones is a Rochester kid but yes ... we need to lock down the Racha/Buffalo area too.

Speaking of NYS kids ... anyone know how Gause and Page are doing for Rutty? Are they even getting much run? I was disappointed they didn't commit to Cuse but if they aren't panning out I guess I won't have as much heartburn over it as I do the Buffalo chicken nuggets I just ate ... wowsers I love me some Texas Pete!

Speaking of NYS kids ... anyone know how Gause and Page are doing for Rutty? Are they even getting much run? I was disappointed they didn't commit to Cuse but if they aren't panning out I guess I won't have as much heartburn over it as I do the Buffalo chicken nuggets I just ate ... wowsers I love me some Texas Pete!

We know Thomas Left. Gause I havent seen yet, Civil is starting for them. Not sure where Paige is at. Also, remember the Corner who decommitted from us at the last min that we replaced with Lynn, he had a wierd name, Glassen or something. Havent seen him get any action this year.

Of course RU fans will simply say that they were not good enough to get on their two deep.

We know Thomas Left. Gause I havent seen yet, Civil is starting for them. Not sure where Paige is at. Also, remember the Corner who decommitted from us at the last min that we replaced with Lynn, he had a wierd name, Glassen or something. Havent seen him get any action this year.

Of course RU fans will simply say that they were not good enough to get on their two deep.

While that might be true it didn't stop them from recruiting Page and Gause hard :) ... Of course if they can't make the Rutty two deep it probably means they wouldn't even help our practice squad :)

I believe he was a recruit for the Sunshine State not NY.

I believe he was a recruit for the Sunshine State not NY.

Gareef Glashen out of Miami, FL - committed to Division 3 Rutgers on 1/31/10.

Gause is not in the LB rotation and I'm not sure if he's in the two deep. Page was going to be in the dt rotation but is injured. Civil moves to online. Glashen not in the corner two deep.

Gause is not listed on their 2 deep. Neither is Page. Gareef Glashen was the CB who verbaled to SU, changed his mind and verbaled to RU, then changed his mind and verbaled back to SU, only to find SU was no longer interested. He is on the 2 deep in an 'or' slot.

Link

(you have to scroll down a few pages)

I thought i saw a picture floating around recently of Alex Officer and Gause at what looked like a Rutgers game. Gause was on sideline in street clothes. I might have been mistaken though as i can't find it anywhere.

Gause will play next year as 2nd string SLB... Currently he has more experienced players in front off him... he'll likely be a 2yr starter at SLB... He gets PT on special teams. Page is injured and out for the season... will likely be getting a 6th yr since he redshirted last yr... he was our 2nd string NT before he went down in summer camp (we've now lost our 1st, 2nd and 3rd string NTs for the season)...

Glashen should be in the mix at DB next year... 5 of our top DBs graduate after this year (the majority off which will be NFL bound)... Civil is now the starting RG.

Thomas left to Binghamton to do Track instead of Football due to injury...

Gause will play next year as 2nd string SLB... Currently he has more experienced players in front off him... he'll likely be a 2yr starter at SLB... He gets PT on special teams. Page is injured and out for the season... will likely be getting a 6th yr since he redshirted last yr... he was our 2nd string NT before he went down in summer camp (we've now lost our 1st, 2nd and 3rd string NTs for the season)...

Glashen should be in the mix at DB next year... 5 of our top DBs graduate after this year (the majority off which will be NFL bound)... Civil is now the starting RG.

Thomas left to Binghamton to do Track instead of Football due to injury...

So at least three of your DBs will be in NFL Camps next year? Which ones do you predict? I'm assuming you mean drafted or UFA. I'll watch them a little more closely tomorrow. You guys do have a VG defense.

So at least three of your DBs will be in NFL Camps next year? Which ones do you predict? I'm assuming you mean drafted or UFA. I'll watch them a little more closely tomorrow. You guys do have a VG defense.

BTW all of the below 4 are current starters:
CB rJr Logan Ryan (he may choose to stay and go 1st rd in 2014 vs come out now and go 2nd or 3rd rd in 2013)
FS Sr Duron Harmon (rd 2 or 3 - one of the best Sr safeties in the country)
CB rSr Brandon Jones (rd 6 or 7/Preferred FA)
CB rSr Marcus Cooper (rd 6 or 7/Preferred FA)

And then I could see the following DBs get picked up as practice squad players somewhere for a time...
SS/CB rSr Wayne Warren
CB/PR rSr Mason Robinson

We should also have our MLB Beauharnais, WLB Greene and NT/DT Vallone in the NFL next year as well... Mel Kiper actually has Greene as the #1 Sr OLB prospect in the up coming draft. Our 2 REs (rush end, think Bruce Irvin from last yr) Glaud and Booker should be able to hang on somewhere as FAs as well...

Offensively we should have 2 WRs (Wright and Harrison), 1 TE (Jefferson) and 1 RT (Dill) in the NFL as well...

BTW all of the below 4 are current starters:
CB rJr Logan Ryan (he may choose to stay and go 1st rd in 2014 vs come out now and go 2nd or 3rd rd in 2013)
FS Sr Duron Harmon (rd 2 or 3 - one of the best Sr safeties in the country)
CB rSr Brandon Jones (rd 6 or 7/Preferred FA)
CB rSr Marcus Cooper (rd 6 or 7/Preferred FA)

And then I could see the following DBs get picked up as practice squad players somewhere for a time...
SS/CB rSr Wayne Warren
CB/PR rSr Mason Robinson

We should also have our MLB Beauharnais, WLB Greene and NT/DT Vallone in the NFL next year as well... Mel Kiper actually has Greene as the #1 Sr OLB prospect in the up coming draft. Our 2 REs (rush end, think Bruce Irvin from last yr) Glaud and Booker should be able to hang on somewhere as FAs as well...

Offensively we should have 2 WRs (Wright and Harrison), 1 TE (Jefferson) and 1 RT (Dill) in the NFL as well...
didn't realize that D was so senior heavy - that's a lot of kids to lose from the two deep for next season - good thing for you Syracuse won't be on the schedule to take advantage of all that inexperience :)

didn't realize that D was so senior heavy - that's a lot of kids to lose from the two deep for next season - good thing for you Syracuse won't be on the schedule to take advantage of all that inexperience :)

Yeah we have a LOT of seniors on D graduating most of which will be in the NFL next year in some capacity (you don't get the #1 D in the BE 2yrs in a row by accident)... Next yr our "vaunted" 2011 and 2012 classes need to step it up... so far in practice it is l; looking like they will...

We have the talent and experience to replace the losses on offense (2WR, 1 TE, 1 RT)... and we SHOULD have the talent and experience to replace DT/NT Vallone and REs Glaud and Booker... At DT and NT we still have next yr (not counting incoming freshmen): Kenneth Kirksey, Darius Hamilton, Marquise Wright, Isaac Holmes, Al Page, Daryl Stephenson, Jamill Pollard, Micahel Larrow, Djwany Mera, Jamil Merrell... all of which are highly talented and were highly recruited (best DL depth we've ever had)...

As for DEs and REs we still have Max Isaaca, Myles Jackson, Marcus Thompson, Julian Pinnix-Odrick (Odrick may only be a 3yr and NFL type DE)... LB Quinton Gause could also play some RE... it would be GREAT if we could also land Al-Quadin Muhammad for 2013... he would be great at RE next year... however it is between ND and RU with him being a heavy ND lean...

At LB we still have Quinton Gause, Jamal Merrell and Kevin Snyder... they will likely be at the SLB and MLB positions... WLB will go to current Freshmen Steve Longa (another highly toted recruit from 2012) with Quanzell Lambert (4 star 2012 recruit) likely being the backup MLB... Both Lambert and Longa would have been on the two deep on the Rutgers teams off the past... now they'll be redshirted...

We should have a significant drop off in the secondary (DL should be better and LB should be about the same)... We have talented guys in the secondary but most off them are inexperienced thus will make some mistakes next year (however I think our O will be good enough to bail them out next year)... Next year our strongest unit on D will be DL with the weakest unit being DB... the exact opposite of this year... Our O should be better also with guys like WR Leontee Carroo (Kenny Britt type WR, 2 inches shorter though was also a 4 star 2012 recruit) and RB Desmond Peoples (fast freshmen scat back) stepping up...

Oh we DID add DB Sheldon Royster from South Carolina as well this yr... so he should be able to help out at the DB position next year (3yrs of remaining eligibility after he sits out this year) as well...

I still think we should be good for double digit wins next year as well (we should be able to win at least 10 out of 13 this year)... We also get Arkansas at home next year so that should also help the record... I think we'll be ok even with the departure of many of our starters on D to the NFL because we finally have quality depth at most positons... :)

We really don't care about Rutgers in 2013...well unless we meet you in the Orange Bowl...I realize you guys are already penciled in.:cool:

Good lord these guys are like cockroaches ... someone please turn the lights back on.

They sure cut these RU fans from the same cloth, huh. Obsess over recruits much?

Yeah we have a LOT of seniors on D graduating most of which will be in the NFL next year in some capacity (you don't get the #1 D in the BE 2yrs in a row by accident)... Next yr our "vaunted" 2011 and 2012 classes need to step it up... so far in practice it is l; looking like they will...

We have the talent and experience to replace the losses on offense (2WR, 1 TE, 1 RT)... and we SHOULD have the talent and experience to replace DT/NT Vallone and REs Glaud and Booker... At DT and NT we still have next yr (not counting incoming freshmen): Kenneth Kirksey, Darius Hamilton, Marquise Wright, Isaac Holmes, Al Page, Daryl Stephenson, Jamill Pollard, Micahel Larrow, Djwany Mera, Jamil Merrell... all of which are highly talented and were highly recruited (best DL depth we've ever had)...

As for DEs and REs we still have Max Isaaca, Myles Jackson, Marcus Thompson, Julian Pinnix-Odrick (Odrick may only be a 3yr and NFL type DE)... LB Quinton Gause could also play some RE... it would be GREAT if we could also land Al-Quadin Muhammad for 2013... he would be great at RE next year... however it is between ND and RU with him being a heavy ND lean...

At LB we still have Quinton Gause, Jamal Merrell and Kevin Snyder... they will likely be at the SLB and MLB positions... WLB will go to current Freshmen Steve Longa (another highly toted recruit from 2012) with Quanzell Lambert (4 star 2012 recruit) likely being the backup MLB... Both Lambert and Longa would have been on the two deep on the Rutgers teams off the past... now they'll be redshirted...

We should have a significant drop off in the secondary (DL should be better and LB should be about the same)... We have talented guys in the secondary but most off them are inexperienced thus will make some mistakes next year (however I think our O will be good enough to bail them out next year)... Next year our strongest unit on D will be DL with the weakest unit being DB... the exact opposite of this year... Our O should be better also with guys like WR Leontee Carroo (Kenny Britt type WR, 2 inches shorter though was also a 4 star 2012 recruit) and RB Desmond Peoples (fast freshmen scat back) stepping up...

Oh we DID add DB Sheldon Royster from South Carolina as well this yr... so he should be able to help out at the DB position next year (3yrs of remaining eligibility after he sits out this year) as well...

I still think we should be good for double digit wins next year as well (we should be able to win at least 10 out of 13 this year)... We also get Arkansas at home next year so that should also help the record... I think we'll be ok even with the departure of many of our starters on D to the NFL because we finally have quality depth at most positons... :)

Getting to 10 is certainly made easier when you schedule 5 punching bags.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Gause is recruiting Officer hard

I have no confidence in landing Officer
We are his fall back

Paige is in the 2 deep but is injuried as well as our starting 4 star rated DT Holmes. Our freshman DT 5 star Hamilton (son of giant player) is now in the mix with Wright 4 stars playing next to Scott Vallone, our 4 star DT senior from NYC. Gause will play next year at LB when Greene and our other starting senior LB goes to NFL.

Paige is in the 2 deep but is injuried as well as our starting 4 star rated DT Holmes. Our freshman DT 5 star Hamilton (son of giant player) is now in the mix with Wright 4 stars playing next to Scott Vallone, our 4 star DT senior from NYC. Gause will play next year at LB when Greene and our other starting senior LB goes to NFL.
4 and 5 stars and tied at the half vs 2 and 3 stars

How is that possible?

If we win this game are we then the best 3-3 team in the country? LOL