Marrone just let Fitzpatrick go. | Syracusefan.com

Marrone just let Fitzpatrick go.

If the Bills don't select Barkley or Smith in the first round Nassib is sure to go no later then the Bills second round pick.

If the Bills don't select Barkley or Smith in the first round Nassib is sure to go no later then the Bills second round pick.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I still have difficulty envisioning Nassib as a prospective starting NFL caliber QB, even after the impressive year he just put together. But I'd prefer to see him NOT go to Buffalo / be joined at the hip with Marrone. This has disaster written all over it. I'd prefer to see him go somewhere else where he'd have a clean slate, and come what may with the rest of his career.

Bills fans will love this move.

Fitz is a great guy, but he has a weak arm, isn't accurate down the field, and lacks any sort of "clutch" factor. I'm looking forward to the draft.

My prediction - They trade down to take Nassib.
Makes a lot of sense. Someone later in the 1st will be looking to move up and Ryan should be there in the 20-30 range.

I still have difficulty envisioning Nassib as a prospective starting NFL caliber QB, even after the impressive year he just put together. But I'd prefer to see him NOT go to Buffalo / be joined at the hip with Marrone. This has disaster written all over it. I'd prefer to see him go somewhere else where he'd have a clean slate, and come what may with the rest of his career.

I am not a bills fan but I think going to the bills would give Nassib a leg up. He would already have a good grasp of the offense ( its going to be an NFL offense but shouldn't be to much different) and he should feel comfortable with the coaching staff. I think Nassib would make a suitable NFL QB because he has the ARM STRENGTH. Arm Strength opens up the field. A lot of QB fizzle out because they can't throw the long ball or those 15 and outs. DC see this and shorten up the defense.

This is just my opinion but I think Marrone knows what he has in Nassib and he won't let him slip past the second round.

I am not a bills fan but I think going to the bills would give Nassib a leg up. He would already have a good grasp of the offense ( its going to be an NFL offense but shouldn't be to much different) and he should feel comfortable with the coaching staff. I think Nassib would make a suitable NFL QB because he has the ARM STRENGTH. Arm Strength opens up the field. A lot of QB fizzle out because they can't throw the long ball or those 15 and outs. DC see this and shorten up the defense.

This is just my opinion but I think Marrone knows what he has in Nassib and he won't let him slip past the second round.

I agree with that--he would have a leg up...in Buffalo. But he'd also be inexorably tied to Marrone, and if things don't go well the Bills fanbase would turn on Nassib quicker than another team's would, especially if he stumbles out of the gate.

If he goes somewhere else, he wouldn't have those same pressures or be subjected to the same short fuse. And if he ends up on a team with a solid, veteran QB, he'd benefit from learning the ropes without being immediately thrown to the wolves.

As stated above, I wish Nassib nothing but the best, and hope he succeeds wherever he goes. His talent will ultimately be the determinant of how his professional career unfolds. Frankly, there's nothing wrong with being a career backup-type if that's his ceiling.

I agree with that--he would have a leg up...in Buffalo. But he'd also be inexorably tied to Marrone, and if things don't go well the Bills fanbase would turn on Nassib quicker than another team's would, especially if he stumbles out of the gate.

If he goes somewhere else, he wouldn't have those same pressures or be subjected to the same short fuse. And if he ends up on a team with a solid, veteran QB, he'd benefit from learning the ropes without being immediately thrown to the wolves.

As stated above, I wish Nassib nothing but the best, and hope he succeeds wherever he goes. His talent will ultimately be the determinant of how his professional career unfolds. Frankly, there's nothing wrong with being a career backup-type if that's his ceiling.

As a Bills fan I am not sure Nassib is the answer but Fitzpatrick needed to go, guy would make a great backup QB but hes simply not an NFL caliber starter. I am by no means a Nassib hater but I have seen enough him the past four year to know hes no where near ready to be an NFL starter anytime soon, he needs at least a few years. I am interested to see what the Bills do.

Put me in the minority, I'm sure, that says neither of those guys has a better career than Nassib. Just don't see it.

Don't think Marrone would base his entire pro career on the arm of Ryan Nassib. I can't see it.

Simple case of 2+2=4.

Don't think Marrone would base his entire pro career on the arm of Ryan Nassib. I can't see it.

Simple case of 2+2=4.
Millhouse's head really would explode.

Put me in the minority, I'm sure, that says neither of those guys has a better career than Nassib. Just don't see it.

I see a lot of mock drafts that project Smith to the Bills. I have a tough time seeing that, after how Marrone / SU has taken him apart these past two years. I'm not saying that the gameplan was all Marrone, but I'm guessing that he has a better handle on Smith's weaknesses than most, and wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole.

My college team just became my pro team. Not sure I saw that coming from my seat in the dome last August.

I predicted Nassib to the Saints a while ago. Chase Daniels has now signed with the Chiefs, so he could back up Brees in a similiar offense.

I predicted Nassib to the Saints a while ago. Chase Daniels has now signed with the Chiefs, so he could back up Brees in a similiar offense.
Nice... but big shoes to fill if he were to stick long enough until Drew's retirement.

Buffalo is a fit in one respect -- it'll take less time for Nassib to adjust to a familiar coach and run a familiar offensive system. However, I don't know if Ryan's ready to run an NFL team right now, let alone produce wins at the level Buffalo needs/is expecting.

I doubt that anything outside his own evaluation will matter to Nassib. Kid was 100% unflappable and stoic his whole time here. Never saw him get down. He seemed to be disconnected from everything except his own mental zone.

i'm fully expecting it. bridgewater2014 bumper stickers on the way

Two years ago, the local sports guy Czabe (I guess he's national in the mornings) would call it the Suck for Luck. Teams "vying" (losing) to secure the 1st pick. That was before RGIII was as highly thought of as a #2.

Bridgewater will get the same treatment. Needs a good catch phrase. Maybe tie in Niagara Falls. We're all counting on you.

I really hope they don't draft Geno.

Two years ago, the local sports guy Czabe (I guess he's national in the mornings) would call it the Suck for Luck. Teams "vying" (losing) to secure the 1st pick. That was before RGIII was as highly thought of as a #2.

Bridgewater will get the same treatment. Needs a good catch phrase. Maybe tie in Niagara Falls. We're all counting on you.

I really hope they don't draft Geno.

I see a lot of mock drafts predicting the Bills will take Geno, but after how Syracuse dismantled WVU these past two years, I'm guessing that Marrone probably wouldn't be interested. Obviously, they need a QB, but I think Marrone is probably more attuned to Geno's flaws than most.