Marrone just on XM radio | Syracusefan.com

Marrone just on XM radio

690West

Moneyline Master
"before I got here, we were the 2nd worst BCS team in the country". Wow. Always slapping Schiano. Love it

"before I got here, we were the 2nd worst BCS team in the country". Wow. Always slapping Schiano. Love it

Wow he really said 2nd? You can argue that ISU, Baylor, Duke, Miss St, Indiana, WSU, and UW were all just as bad if not worse.

Rutgers isn't going to count toward the BCS in two years.

Wow he really said 2nd? You can argue that ISU, Baylor, Duke, Miss St, Indiana, WSU, and UW were all just as bad if not worse.
not with Greg Robinson on the sideline you can't Oh Lord

You can't be serious...

If we're talking a program health standpoint (all things considered), there's no way in hell any of those schools other than maybe WSU were in as bad a shape as SU when Marrone took over.

If we're just talking the 3-9 2008 season alone, then I would say SU was better than just two teams: Washington and Washington State. And only because of the miracle in South Bend, otherwise it could be easily argued that WSU was better. I would give Iowa State (who only went 2-10) the edge based on their strength of schedule.

And even Washington showed they were in a different league talent-wise than SU just one season prior in that opening game drubbing in the dome. They had a tough 2008 season when Locker went down, but I still would have bet money on the Huskies against SU. SU vs. WSU and Washington that season would have been interesting (in a twisted sort of way).

Baylor went 4-8 (2-6 in the Big 12) with a 20-point win over A&M.

Duke went 4-8 with a 28 point win over Virginia and wins against Vanderbilt and Navy.

Indiana matched our record at 3-9 but played a much more challenging schedule and beat nationally ranked Northwestern.

Mississippi State went 4-8 in the SEC. Enough said on that one.

Marrone speaks the truth.

So what else did he say? What did Jack Arute and Mike Leach say about Cuse?

You can't be serious...

IMO we weren't in that bad a shape as a program. Most of it had to do with HCing. I think Marrone proved that, by being a few plays away from 6-6 his first year with the same kids GRob had. GRob easily cost us a few Ws a year.

There is no question we were bad. All of those teams were bad. But Marrone was left with enough talent to be competitive.

So what else did he say? What did Jack Arute and Mike Leach say about Cuse?

Mostly coachspeak. They asked Marrone to grade the team so far. Marrone said, "We're not 6-0, so we don't get an "A", and we're not 0-6, so we don't get an F" He did allude to the fact that the staff is not happy with the kids attention to detail and execution so far. Marrone has the ability to say a whole lot without saying anything if ya know what I mean. He's got a skill of really not giving any good nuggets.

Arute and Leach didn't really give any opinions on the Cuse.

IMO we weren't in that bad a shape as a program. Most of it had to do with HCing. I think Marrone proved that, by being a few plays away from 6-6 his first year with the same kids GRob had. GRob easily cost us a few Ws a year.

There is no question we were bad. All of those teams were bad. But Marrone was left with enough talent to be competitive in the MAC.

Fixed. ;)

And what are we now? 10th worst? 15th maybe?

10th worst, really? I'm sure your joking because otherwise that might be the dumbest thing I've read in the last 2 weeks.

10th worst, really? I'm sure your joking because otherwise that might be the dumbest thing I've read in the last 2 weeks.

What's dumb about 10th-15th? The Big East is indisputably the worst conference in the BCS. We have a team that many people think will win 2-3 conference games at most. Out of 67 or so teams (including ND, TCU) how many BCS games would we win if we played on a neutral field?

we are a lot better then the 90th best team in the country. Just because our league sucks, and it does, it doesn't mean that most teams in the league couldn't win more games then the middle to below middle teams in other conferences. We have no real good teams. But South Florida, who might not be very good at all, beat ND at ND. But you do make a fair question.

When people said that around here we got crushed for it. ;)

44cuse

There is no question we were bad. All of those teams were bad. But Marrone was left with enough talent to be competitive.

That should be pretty obvious given 9 defensive starters on a defense dominated 8 win team were inherited players. Not to mention the QB, RBs, WRs, TE, C. Just needed someone new to coach them up.

I'd say Louisville was worse than us too even though they beat Middle Tennessee State and Memphis in 2008.

I said we were the worst and was always blasted for it by the rainbow coalition and dancing nancies.

SU beat two good teams so far, Wake and Toledo, so SU is no where near the 90th and above mark.

Where did he say 90th? He said 10th - 15th BCS team.

#15 would be about right. Which would equate to somewhere in the 60's overall among FBS programs.

The thing is there isn't a BCS team in the country that we woulkd DEFINITELY beat right now and that is the truth so we could still be very very close to the bottom

I said we were the worst and was always blasted for it by the rainbow coalition and dancing nancies.

No, I think you got blasted because you rarely ever say anything positive.

That trend continues to this day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom