Marrone to take five to Big East media day | Syracusefan.com

Marrone to take five to Big East media day

We've been invited? big least has left us out of every other meeting/event.

I'm surprised. I thought for sure Syracuse would attend the ACC Media Days instead.

This would be a great opportunity for SU and Pitt to say "Thanks, but I think I'll pass". One last message to the Big East.

If they do go, one piece of advice...don't eat the lobster.

Without SU and Pitt (and West Virginia), it would be a pretty sparse media day. I suspect SU and Pitt were invited just to get a critical mass of bodies there.

Marrone should bring the whole team and demand that they accomadate them.

This would be a great opportunity for SU and Pitt to say "Thanks, but I think I'll pass". One last message to the Big East.

Nah, SU needs to play nice and ensure we can get out in 2013. So you do the Big East a favor. As cto said, take Pitt and SU out (along with WVU) and there isn't much of a media day to have.

Plus it's a good event for the players to be able to attend, and a good chance to get your name in print.

If for some reason we're stuck in this league for the 2013 season (which I don't think will happen), maybe you politely or not so politely decline the invitation.

Life rule #1: never turn down a free lobster buffet.

Bring an "official taster" to make sure the food and drink is safe before joining in the meals.

Life rule #1: never turn down a free lobster buffet.

Lobster for me gets gross if I eat too much...overload on butter...the claws become a chore...give me two tails off a pair of 1.25 lbs'er and I'm a happy camper. Scallops are my other favorite along with Lobster..small Digby scallops from the Bay of Fundy.

I gotta figure Cuse is one of the favorites going into the Lobster eating contest.

Lobster for me gets gross if I eat too much...overload on butter...the claws become a chore...give me two tails off a pair of 1.25 lbs'er and I'm a happy camper. Scallops are my other favorite along with Lobster..small Digby scallops from the Bay of Fundy.

I gotta figure Cuse is one of the favorites going into the Lobster eating contest.
Had Lobster for the first time in ages at Red Lobster the other night. Had a small tail, scallops & shrimp. The portion of lobster was perfect and oh so good. The manager came over & spoke with us for quite some time. She is an SU fan & said she's going to check out our site.

Anyone know why he didn't bing Nassib? I would think it's because he went last year, but it does seem an unusual group. Leave your long term senior QB home? I guess so...

Anyone know why he didn't bing Nassib? I would think it's because he went last year, but it does seem an unusual group. Leave your long term senior QB home? I guess so...

Some family commitment.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Outside of Denver in Watkins just had the best surf n turf dinner ever. The place was called Lulus and was a real honky tonk with all manner of cowboys (not the Urban Cowboy but the legit farmer types). Huge perfectly cooked lobsters, thick perfectly cooked steaks, loaded baked potatoes and garlic bread. Not a veggie in site other than a premeal salad. Perfection.

And then post meal we were entertained by some of the coolest psynchronized country music dance routines by the cowboys and their gals. Not sure what to call it, square dancing?

By the way all went smoothly last night and the gals bonded over their hatred of football.

Nah, SU needs to play nice and ensure we can get out in 2013. So you do the Big East a favor. As cto said, take Pitt and SU out (along with WVU) and there isn't much of a media day to have.

Plus it's a good event for the players to be able to attend, and a good chance to get your name in print.

If for some reason we're stuck in this league for the 2013 season (which I don't think will happen), maybe you politely or not so politely decline the invitation.

Yeah and i think it's always smart to be the bigger person/institution/organization whenever you can. I mean, you really don't know what your future holds and having a bunch of schools/programs in your region holding grudges against you, which obviously happens, is never a good thing. Plus, can you really blame the Big East for not being super excited about two key members leaving? I mean, it's not as if we were all patting BC on the back and participating in a grand farewell tour by rolling out the red carpet.

I just hope the players going with marrone aren't so distracted by the media attention that they have horrible seasons.

Some family commitment.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
it better be a damn good one to have your son, grandson, nephew or whatever miss his last chance to be in the spotlight at one of these things.

im going with marrone knows he will bench his sorry arse by nov and spared him the memory embarassment.

Oh Lord

By the way all went smoothly last night and the gals bonded over their hatred of football.

LOL my wife has found a fellow anti-FB wife? Awesome...during Northwestern game I'll send your better half up to the camp to keep her company.

Does Pugh being on the list clear up his health questions? Seems like if he was injured he wouldn't go.

We can only hope...IIRC some thought he might be somewhat limited the first few weeks of the season..we'll see.

Does Pugh being on the list clear up his health questions? Seems like if he was injured he wouldn't go.
Seems like a positive sign, particularly if the 5 players will field any questions from the press.

@WSJ
Lobster prices at the dock have fallen 70% below normal to a nearly 30-year low.