Marrone To The Bills Per Adam Schefter | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Marrone To The Bills Per Adam Schefter

Except it wasn't about pay.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

So...let's say it wasn't about pay for Marrone. I am fairly certain it will be for the HC they hire next. I know that if I were a candidate that were sought after, I would require a few things and want to get paid more if I didn't receive them.

1- I would demand facilities upgrades and time frame in my contract. If not= pay me more to work without them.

2-I would demand competitive wages for my assistants. If not=pay me more to do the work on my own and hire on the cheap.

Either way SU does not get out of paying unless they go the internal route with Shafer, Hackett or Anselmo.

I hope for all the best for him (despite the fact that I'll root against him twice a year as a Jets fan), but this is just nauseating as an SU Fan.

Except it wasn't about pay.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

What's the buyout on the secret contract extension. No way h succeeds at buff esp with pats still going strong. Marrone was a good manager of the program but in game decisions will be magnified

The good news is, both Syracuse and the bills will be looking for new coaches at the same time and when that happens, marrone will be the slam dunk hire for the orange.

Marrone needs to update his GPS, seems he just made a wrong turn onto the career dead end at One Bills Drive.

The good news is, both Syracuse and the bills will be looking for new coaches at the same time and when that happens, marrone will be the slam dunk hire for the orange.

That's what I was thinking - we may be the first program to rehire a coach. Hell come back with more experience - like pete carrol, but hopefully not as douchey

That's what I was thinking - we may be the first program to rehire a coach. Hell come back with more experience - like pete carrol, but hopefully not as douchey
And with his nest egg filled.

Well...this blows... Good luck to Marrone, hope he does well there.
Ouch. Marrone was the guy we needed here to run this program. I am not going to sugar coat it; this hurts a lot.

Doug said all along during his time at SU that if the university was not prepared to invest in facilities for football to stay competitive, they would be looking for another coach to replace him in a few years.

If nothing else, he was a honest guy. Good luck to him with the Bills. I hope he does well there.

This hurts a little. I have to ask is the best case scenerio for SU to try and be Cincinnati? Make a bowl 3 out of 4 years, train a coach for a bigger program then watch him move on. This is a major crossroad and you have to wonder if there will be anyone left to provide leadership. Let's hope for the best. Also I hope the Bills stink. I am a Dolphins fan, no ill will directed at Marrone.

Congratulations to Doug, he did a great job here and wish him the best in buffalo.

Congratulations to Coach Marrone. I would have loved for him to stay, but am grateful to him for providing such a great product (relatively speaking) in 2 out of the last 3 years to watch. Thanks HCDM.

Maybe it was the card we all signed electronically?

Best of luck Coach Marrone. Time for Dr. Gross/SU to rise to the occasion.

That's what I was thinking - we may be the first program to rehire a coach.
Kansas State has already done that... and it's been working for them.

if true; how ironic, Skippy Holts, who many coveted, was thought to be using Syracuse as his stepping-stone to ND. With Marrone, an alum, this would not happen. Once again, our football program is in a pickle. With recruiting where it's at. Even if the university acts quickly we may still lose many of our best recruits.

Maybe it was the card we all signed electronically?

Best of luck Coach Marrone. Time for Dr. Gross/SU to rise to the occasion.
Too little too late.

Many people are blaming SU exclusively...I think it's much deeper than that.

Hopefully, at least one of the assistants has a thicker skin than DM.

My ONLY gripe in this is how Doug, from my interpretation oversold his desire to be here in the way this was his dream job, the job he prepared all his life for was I think pretty close to what he said. I believe he was telling us that he would be here a long time and build something special. So, I don't hold anything against him for continuing his profession. I struggle with his first initial message to the SU Football faithful and how that became something very different from what I thought was first communicated. I do wish him the best of luck because I believe he is a very decent guy and a great coach. I just wish his initial indications to our football community were more accurate than they ended up being. Only one thing we can do...move forward!
In making a decision on current staff, if the priority is the current class, keep Hack, Shafer, Wheatly, Daoust, Moore, and Anselmo. I like these guys and believe they are good, and make Hack the HC with an enhanced position for Shafer. This positions us to continue on our same path.
If we really want to go outside the program we will more likely have a set back for some unknown time.

http://www.syracuse.com/axeman/index.ssf/2013/01/doug_marrones_dream_job_doesnt.html

I agree with Axe's column. We can't harp on this dream job thing. He picked the program from the absolute deepest depths of the college football landscape and brought us back to the brink of being a Top 25 program again. In my heart of hearts I wish that he stayed two more years to finish what he started, but I have nothing but great feelings and gratitude for Doug. I hope and do believe that TGD saw this coming and has a plan. If the doesnt name a coach by Wednesday I will be very disappointed. I really think that he needs to somehow keep the staff intact (impossible dream I know), but don't let this recruiting class leave and build on the foundation that Doug left here. I don't know if he has the "administrative" skill to suceed as a head coach, but I kind of like the thought of Hackett. Kids love him and I think keeping that Offense rolling is very important, to attract the kids we want in this program. I am a proud Giants fan and always chuckeled at the little Bills down the Thruway, but the Bills are now my number two team and I will root very hard for them againt any team but Big Blue..

We were certainly prepared for the possiblity but the reality still hits hard. This job was not "done" by any means. I thought Marrone would eventually return to the NFL but I didn'ty think it would be right now. Things have to have gone very sour behind the scenes up on the hill.

One of the big things I liked about Marrone is that being an alum with his "dream job", I felt he was not likely to use this job as a stepping stone to another. Obviously, that was naive. But it makes this feel more like the break-up of a relationship than a coaching change.

Hopefully Gross already knows what his next move is and it will be announced shortly.

Jerry Sullivan@TBNSully
Russ Brandon confirms by text that the Bills have agreed in principle to hire Doug Marrone as new head coach. Brandon called him "dynamic".

We were certainly prepared for the possiblity but the reality still hits hard. This job was not "done" by any means. I thought Marrone would eventually return to the NFL but I didn'ty think it would be right now. Things have to have gone very sour behind the scenes up on the hill.

One of the big things I liked about Marrone is that being an alum with his "dream job", I felt he was not likely to use this job as a stepping stone to another. Obviously, that was naive. But it makes this feel more like the break-up of a relationship than a coaching change.

Hopefully Gross already knows what his next move is and it will be announced shortly.
I agree with this. The break up comment is really pretty accurate, albeit a little silly.
Gross, make the move no later than Noon tomorrow.

I agree with this. The break up comment is really pretty accurate, albeit a little silly.
Gross, make the move no later than Noon tomorrow.

Is he going to beable to install a leadership/citizenship program that will mold young minds, etc. etc. as coach of the Bills? My BS antenna just grew another inch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom