Marrone's Injury "Reports" | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Marrone's Injury "Reports"

I rewatched the end of the Wake game, Chandler looks like he's moving fine out there... Did he hurt it in the post-game shower?

I rewatched the end of the Wake game, Chandler looks like he's moving fine out there... Did he hurt it in the post-game shower?

We know he was hurt by how little he played. Constantly on the sidelines

Player's privacy??? coaching tactics? give me a break guys...These are athletes with football related injuries! Nobody has Herpes here! and as far as coaching tactics...really? against RI? Are you telling me we are playing coy with injuries to throw RI off? Will they start another left tackle in response?

Let me channel my inner Buzz Shaw here and say you need to get a life. Seriously, why do you feel you are owed that information? Watch the game on Saturday and you'll know who is and is not playing.

It's none of your or my business if a kid is hurt or certainly to what degree...that's between him, his family, his doctor, and the coaching staff.

Go pay attention to your spouse/significant other if you have one, focus on your job, your hobbies, whatever. Don't obsess about learning every bit of personal information you can about 18-22 year old college students. That sort of nuttiness is what makes non-sports fans shake their heads in wonder when they look at us.

Heres what's likely happening. Given the fact that Jones played the whole game and seemed slowed a bit and the scuttlebutt is that its a knee issue he's likely dealing with a nagging meniscal cartilage issue would be my guess. You can play through it albeit at reduced efficiency and put off invasive surgery til seasons end, kind of like Terrence Roberts did a few years back with hoops. The fact that it's RI this weekend my guess is that they're likely deciding to give Jones rest saving him for later in the season knowing they can take care of RI without him.

The way Oliver looked post game says the same to me on that last point and that his upper body injury in minor. Anderson on the other hand, everything about the way that went down suggests to me that he'll be laid up for a while. Let's hope I'm right on the first two guys and wrong on the last one.

That would explain a couple plays that I thought he gave up on. He probably couldn't cut on the bad knee.

In Marrone We Trust. As much asI would love more details, as long as he continues to win I'm a happy camper.

Here is my take, I do not think it is confidentiality, because he has given more details on others. I personally have no problem with the way he reports, as it does give some advantages. For example if USC thinks he is not going to play than they will prepare differently. If they think he is playing they will be focusing on game planning how to stop him, If he than doesn't play that will 1. waste reps preparing one way, when the game comes they will likely have to attack differently 2. Force them to make other adjustments game day and/or 3. Force them to install multiple schemes with less reps of each to cover the different possibilities.

I guess what I am saying, there us nothing we are going to do to change it, like it or not it is what it is, we just need to support what ever 11 players are on the field wearing t he orange helmets

Let me channel my inner Buzz Shaw here and say you need to get a life. Seriously, why do you feel you are owed that information? Watch the game on Saturday and you'll know who is and is not playing.

It's none of your or my business if a kid is hurt or certainly to what degree...that's between him, his family, his doctor, and the coaching staff.

Go pay attention to your spouse/significant other if you have one, focus on your job, your hobbies, whatever. Don't obsess about learning every bit of personal information you can about 18-22 year old college students. That sort of nuttiness is what makes non-sports fans shake their heads in wonder when they look at us.

dude...get a grip...i go to and watch every game. obviously, you dont learn actual injury info from watching the game unless you have ...oh, that must be it...you have a sideline pass....i have plenty of a life and dont obsess...obsession no, passion yes. and as far as hippa, its a load of crap. i work in healthcare and the premise of hippa is based on the containment of embarrassing and incriminating medical info from becoming public knowledge. as a division 1 athlete...a players so called medical privacy regarding an orthopedic injury is nominal...hell, we knew more about coach adkins situation...